FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Detox: Have you tried it?

mah_lau
The other day after my evening classes, I went to an italian restaurant with my friends, and the 4 of us got talking about our lifestyles/diets. One of my friends mentioned that she wanted to try to detoxify herself. The description she gave me was that over a period of like 2 months, you slowly cut things out of your diet (temporarily) to clense the body.

She told me it near the end, you're almost eating nothing.

Have you guys ever heard of this 'detox'?

I searched it up on google and got this: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarytherapy/a/Detox_Diet_Plan.htm

I wonder if this is it? I'll read up on it.
raghu.steppenwolf
talking about detox, do a google on "wood Vinegar", fascinating stuff. I haven't used it myself, but even if 25% of those claims are true, detox just got a whole lot easier...wood vinegar pads!
tar-xzv
Hello,

To me, fasting is something like a detox. Even if you are not really religious person, you can fast too, no? I think so. The way I do it is like this. Eat before, depends really, 5AM and don't eat until 6PM. The whole thing lasts for about a month.

5ani
hagar
No
mah_lau
tar-xzv wrote:
Hello,

To me, fasting is something like a detox. Even if you are not really religious person, you can fast too, no? I think so. The way I do it is like this. Eat before, depends really, 5AM and don't eat until 6PM. The whole thing lasts for about a month.

5ani
Oh Wow, that sounds cool. How has it been going though? Have you found it difficult?
ncwdavid
I have done detox for 9 days before. It was the worst 9 days of my life. I was able to eat hardly nothing.