FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

For you, Is PHP an easy language to learn?

guissmo
With all the installation and the SQL stuff,
can you wrap it up for me?

I'm planning to buy a PHP book which is rather pricey.

So, do you think it would take care of my curiosity in PHP or is it a rather difficult language for a 14-year-old?

Comments?
Stubru Freak
guissmo wrote:
With all the installation and the SQL stuff,
can you wrap it up for me?

I'm planning to buy a PHP book which is rather pricey.

So, do you think it would take care of my curiosity in PHP or is it a rather difficult language for a 14-year-old?

Comments?

It's easy, I managed to make an online game in it when I was 14.
kawkazEE
yes its easy... good for you guys your aware of this stuff with your age, i learn php when i was 18. maybe because the education here.. keep up!
jeremyyak
I picked up php in a matter of hours. A week later, I am better than the perso who helped me learn it a little Razz

So yea, it's one of the easier languages.
~Jeremy~
Karrde
PHP is a fairly easy to understand language, especially compared to other languages like COBOL. A background in HTML is very useful, as what you do in PHP is in most cases going to require HTML to display.

MySQL is a bit more complex, but once you get your head around the basics of queries, it won't take you long to pick up more difficult things as and when you need them.

I wouldn't bother with a PHP book though - there's plenty of excellent tutorials and guides online. I learnt by reading tutorials online and examining source code of existing PHP apps, and regularly refer back to the manual at the PHP site (php.net) for specific functions and whatnot.

A good tutorial to start you off is the one at the official PHP site - http://www.php.net/tut.php. And of course, you have us here in the forums to help you along the way!
Xcelerate
I agree. PHP is a very good language to begin with, because almost any function you would want to use is already existant. In addition to that, it automatically takes care of variable types, memory, etc. making it somewhat easier to handle. In fact, I learned PHP before I learned HTML (once I realized I couldn't really display much I realized I needed to learn HTML).
yhtsolutions
it is pretty easy.. i learn it by myself