FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think of proactive?

Proactive is a scam
True
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
False
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

haris3
Proactive is a new product going around that claims it can get rid of acne and other skin problems. I don't have any acne problem but i used to have acne on my forehead. Has anybody tried it and does it really do what it says?
Eyre
i never used proactive. i did use acutane though, and it worked really well. i've heard good things and bad things about proactive.
noirame
It works wonders! I tried it for a few months, and it cleared up all my acne! I'm not kidding! Even Jessica Simpson agrees that it works!

If my acne ever starts up again, then I'm going to be using it.
haris3
I'm sure jessica simpson got paid a lot to say what she said. But the wierd thing is she is not the only famous person who's used proactive. The paid programming shows many other people who use it and get great results. It sounds good and seemed to be a good deal. I guess i should give it a try.

Proactive has some kind of promo. thing going on right now too.
driftingfe3s
I think it really depnds on your skin type. It works for some people but it doesn't for others. Personally for my brohter and I it didn't not work. We used it for about a month with only a little improvement. On the other hand my girlfriend and one of my friends use proactive and it works very for them. Their faces are very clear and they have very little breakouts. So I guess it just comes down to trying it out and seeing if it works for you.
Shanghai_Dragon
It really depends on what kind of acne you have... if you have those large red hard painful nodular ones then proactiv probally won't work, but if you have bunch of white heads, then it will work....I think.
bulek
Well it works fine on my skin. I really must recommend it!
haris3
For many years i had small amount of acne and i think it was caused by the hair gel i was using. When i first started using gel, i just got the really cheap stuff. after for the past 1-2 years i've been using different gel, and i think it made a big difference. I now rarely ever see any white spots on forehead or face. I still have spots though which were left from my acne. I guess i should use some kind of face cleaning product. Not that i really need it.
bluecradle
I've seen from the home tv shopping in our local network about the amazing effects of proactive. Even celebrities recommend it. But does it really work? I'm from the philippines and it costs around 4000 bucks so I'm having second thoughts on buying the product... Does it really apply to all skin types? I have a combination skin type and I hope you can advice me if I should buy the product.. can you recommend other effective products? I have some acne but not that worse. thanks in advance. Very Happy
darvit
I've used it and it worked for me, though my acne still hasn't cleared up entirely. There are a lot of factors for the formation of acne, and I guess stress and hormonal changes worsen it.

Buying the product has been pretty much worth it, though.
haris3
They have a free trial offer going on right now. Call them and see what you can find out before actually ordering.'

bluecradle wrote:
I've seen from the home tv shopping in our local network about the amazing effects of proactive. Even celebrities recommend it. But does it really work? I'm from the philippines and it costs around 4000 bucks so I'm having second thoughts on buying the product... Does it really apply to all skin types? I have a combination skin type and I hope you can advice me if I should buy the product.. can you recommend other effective products? I have some acne but not that worse. thanks in advance. Very Happy
jharsika
My friend used it and her acne has cleared up a bit. It's taking a while though, and it's extremely strong so it dried her up a bit and burned, she had to down the amount of times it was used.
traceyy
well i wouldn't say it's a scam. it's a hit or miss thing. for some it can work wonders but for others like myself might turn into a disaster. it made me super dry and flakey. i also broke out like crazy after a week of usage. immediately stopped after that.
em0o
lol, nathan (drifter) you DO need a different regime. As for proactive, the result vary but its more about routinely washing the oils, dirt etc off but not in excess such that it dries out your skin and overworks your sebum glands. My friend's father is a dermatologist says to actually just wash your face without a cleanser becasue the natural oils on your face are what protects the elasticity of skin and soaps leave your face dry. Also, always finish up with a moisturizer that is not dense or oily. A good one is very important.
kcw1304
I haven't used it myself but I had a friend who tried it. It made some difference but not enough for her to continue to use the product. I think if your acne is purely a "surface" problem it works pretty well, but if there are other causes like hormones, stress that arise from inside the body it doesn't work so well.

I personally have used acutane which a few people have mentioned. It worked really well, although it did dry out my skin a lot.

I think what em0o says is true as well. I use Cetophil cleanser and moisterizer and they are both very gentle and non-oily. They are kinda pricey but there are generics at WALMART Smile
marcmgeronimo
I think that it does not work for all.
mstreet
It's the Jessica Simpson Solution for Acne. I don't think it's a scam though, I do know people whom have had great results but its all about routine
Kath
I tried proactive and ended up with a sore almost burn on my face that was much more unattractive than acne. The burn did fade away after a week but that stuff is strong.......if you are going to use it I suggest you test some on your inner elbow or something
-Kath
ThornsOfSorrow
My younger brother uses it, and his acne started clearing up almost immediately. It didn't completely go away, but he also doesn't use it as much as he should, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Either way, his face looks much better.
SGbilder
Not sure really, i guess it could work..
spazbutt32
Doesn't work for me. I use a 2.5% salicylic acid body spray which seems to help. I also shower twice daily with a dandruff shampoo.
melissareich
I used to have a friend that ordered it constantly, she has like all their products for acne. When I spent the night over, I tried it just for like 2 days and it didn't really make my bumps go away but it made them smaller. I never really tried it after that, I don't have really bad acne, just a few bumps once in awhile.
kkaaiittllyynn
My opinion. Don't buy it. I started off with mild acne it got a little better. Then I got this burning dry patch around my mouth and I coudn't open my mouth wide for 3 weeks. Every time I would open my mouth big to yawn or something it would start bleeding around. and then after awhile my acne starting getting REALLY BAD! Worst then it was when I started off with proactiv.
BowDownToAna
When I started proactive, it was great. after awhile though, it didn't really work
bheann
i'm always thinking if it really works on my acne.. i want to be sure, i want my face to be back in clean and refreshing face..i really hate my face now, because there is many acne on my cheeks..Sad i miss my flawless face.. my sister always teasing me, i really want to buy Proactive but i want to make sure first.. please help me..Smile