FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

top 10 frishost sites

truespeed
Im guessing you know which of the sites hosted on frihost gets the most hits,how about posting a top 10 sites.
Traveller
It may not be for ALL Frihosted sites, but the Directory link at the top of the page will show a top 11 of sites that are in the Directory.
billybob
I like this idea!
Traveller wrote:
It may not be for ALL Frihosted sites, but the Directory link at the top of the page will show a top 11 of sites that are in the Directory.

I see where your coming from but this is not the "Top" website its just "Website who's owners/creators have lots of frihs"

The only way this could be done is by a weekly vote but the sites would have to be wittled down to 20 or so, so that the users could vote for the top 10......

This may be alot of work/time and im guessing that there are more important things to spend the time on, but I do think this would be a good idea!
tidruG
Instead of displaying which Frihost sites get the most hits, I'd much rather suggest a weekly or bi-weekly Frihost spotlight, where users can enter their sites or portions of their sites into a contest, from which we could somehow pick a winner to project into the Frihost spotlight.

We could have a featured discussion dedicated to each Spotlighted website. Now, this certainly may take some time to code, but I think it's worth it.
Traveller
billybob wrote:
The only way this could be done is by a weekly vote but the sites would have to be wittled down to 20 or so, so that the users could vote for the top 10......

If a vote were held on FriHost, all that would measure is the popularity of the site(s) among FriHost users who bothered to vote. It would say absolutely nothing about the actual success of the site with the outside world. Besides, truespeed's original question was about hits, which would indicate he's interested in how well the sites are doing, overall.
truespeed
the purpose of my question really was to see if anyone using frihost,has made a successful site,in terms of hits and visitor numbers,im sure lots of ppl using frihost have made good looking sites but are they popular and which ones are the most popular.
socialoutcast
I think a "RANKED" listing of ALL frihost users websites would be a neat idea. This would not only allow others to see who has a website, and also would allow others to see number of hits on each site. Also, it would provide a way for the frihost community to browes other frihosters webpages.

After all, this is the kind of community frihost strives to achieve. Wink wink Very Happy

truespeed
Hits are what count surely. the best looking site wont still be here in 5 years,the most popular site will.
angel_of_death
i have to agree with you, hits count. but its the quility and popularity of the site that counts in the end
mathiaus
Lots of people have lots of hits, it doesn't mean the site is at all good though. Those people could find the site from a search engine or somewhere else then leave the site immediatly due to its lack of everything. Also wouldn't images and everything else be counted meaning the hits number was even less significant?
Whichever way you choose to pick 10 top sites it will never be truely be fair, you'd be better choosing the top 10 favourite sites of the month, votes or hits or a combination of both Smile
illegalhost
Top Hits or Top Favourites?? Hmm, why not BOTH?? That way, we can see just how huge the Top Hits websites have to catch up with the Top Favourites websites! This could be a learning experience why the top Favourites ARE actually Favourites, really! Educational and Fun. Lethal combination. Weekly would be too quick and lots of work. Maybe once a month would be more practical. How does that sound?? Of course, would be better if there could be an award given for BOTH Top sites. And maybe extra Fri$? Wink
Rako
I think we should have a top 10 most visited sites and a top 10 as voted by us we could do this weekly or monthly. i think it is a good idea because it will boost ratings of the most popular sites. plus if were bored or looking for ideas it will be a great reference.
r_y_e_20
I agree with you rako Wink
seagullspirit
Agree with ya Rako, it would be interesting to see what the sites with most visitors and so on are... as far as the lazier of us go who still hope to be active enough to maintain their own personal sites go.

:Very Happy
Josso
Personally, I think it's a good idea. More statistics on sites and a proper top 10 would allow people in the community to communicate better with each other and check out each other's sites. Ok there are signatures and other places for advertising your website but I think it would be really cool to look up a user you like and check out their website straight from a more complex directory system.
wmm_1
ella vocsin wrote:
I think there should be a jury to determine the best site, not the page hits.

i agreed with you..we can juat hit our own website like that to get the higher hit everyday..