FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IE7 Problems!

MetalCoreModz
Hey, well I decided to download the Internet Explorer 7.0 BETA version and it doesnt seem to install on my pc Question
I know many people that have this installed on their system and it works fine.

Specifically, I download the IE7 BETA from the Microsoft website and I install it after, when the installation completes it justs says, "Internet Explorer 7.0 Failed To Complete, Please Restart Your Computer & Read The Help Documentation". I then go ahead and restart and IE7 is no where to be found on my system!! Im running Windows XP SP2 and it says that it should work fine!

If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thnx
prongs_386
I would suggest not bothering with internet explorer...
try out firefox, a mozilla browser. I feel it functions much better and is faster.
If you have already decided you don't like it then fair enough. Sorry I can't be much help with the IE7 Razz
Teddy1
Internet Explorer 7 can only be installed on a genuine windows XP (unless you crack this, sorry it's against the terms of service to talk of such a thing Wink). If you decide to take that approach, run the update then install the certificate. Smile all should work fine then although i use firefox.
SGbilder
I also suggest you to try out firefox and only use IE if you have to... Some secure-sites with specially login things bla bla bla.. don't like ff so I have IE installed for those sites.
SoftStag
Maybe the clue is in the error message. Did you read the help documentation?
MetalCoreModz
Quote:
Maybe the clue is in the error message. Did you read the help documentation?

Yea, I read the part that it quoted but it just says that its because the Program doesnt have access to execute any Read/Write function within the directory of "C:/ProgramFiles", so there must be a slight problem with my network at the moment!
And I am running a Genuine Windows XP, so im just going to leave it and get my hands on Firefox, sounds much better,

Thnx anyway guys Smile
wavecage
Yeah, I use Firefox mainly, but I got IE7 installed anyway.

Maybe try checking the permissions on the folder?
Open explorer, right click your C: drive (if thats your system drive)
and select Properties, then the Security tab.
Which users/groups have read and write permissions?
Go to the Program Files folder and check the permissions there, too.
On my Program Files folder the Administrators, Power Users and System accounts have Read/Write permissions.

Could it be AntiVirus software preventing the install?

Are you installing from a downloaded file or trying the Run option in IE?
Completely close IE6 before installing IE7.

These are just a few ideas,

cheers
redice
Use firefox instead Smile
Bones
Gasp! Firefox is the worst PoS browser ever! It lets in just as much spyware as IE does (if you don't believe it, all you FF users start scanning with Spybot as it will tell you the browser that let it in..FF lets in more than IE7 or Opera and I use FF half as much)

Firefox is fine if you don't like activeX, or java, or speed, or the internet in general, and also don't mind playing around with a bunch of extensions to get decent functionality. Do yourself a favor and use Opera!
zjosie729
Bones wrote:
Gasp! Firefox is the worst PoS browser ever! It lets in just as much spyware as IE does (if you don't believe it, all you FF users start scanning with Spybot as it will tell you the browser that let it in..FF lets in more than IE7 or Opera and I use FF half as much)

Firefox is fine if you don't like activeX, or java, or speed, or the internet in general, and also don't mind playing around with a bunch of extensions to get decent functionality. Do yourself a favor and use Opera!

You don't have to say that about Firefox just because you don't like it.

Anyway, I use firefox and I love it. I only use IE for testing.
Sunny
Before this turns in to ie v/s firefox thread I should lock it. Seems your problem is solved and you have decided to install firefox but in any case if you need this thread to be reopened, PM me/any Mod.

-lock-