FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why do moderators COntinuously close threads?

Scotty Too Hotty
i can understand closing a thread if it is on the same page or started recently, but the fact that if a topic is relevant to a thread from months ago you want us to attempt to search for it (i have tried and the search engine hasnt ever found what i was looking for), you expect us to find an ressurect it.

The way i look at it is that you still get the same revenue whether its a new Thread or an old thread. Its all the same adds and all the same lay-outs.

Why close a current topic for one from 4 months ago?

Please answer me that
rightclickscott
It happens so frequently that people get pissed, and they want people to post in one kind of topic. If there were thousands of topics all about the same subject, things would get out of hand. For example, I want to moderate the Anime and Comics thread since people keep making different topics about Naruto and it annoys me so much. Now, I know somebody's going to lock this thread because it's not about music.
S3nd K3ys
Scotty Too Hotty wrote:
i can understand closing a thread if it is on the same page or started recently, but the fact that if a topic is relevant to a thread from months ago you want us to attempt to search for it (i have tried and the search engine hasnt ever found what i was looking for), you expect us to find an ressurect it.

The way i look at it is that you still get the same revenue whether its a new Thread or an old thread. Its all the same adds and all the same lay-outs.

Why close a current topic for one from 4 months ago?

Please answer me that

They close them so they will fade away, then in 3 months when someone creates a new one, they close it for creating duplicate threads, or issue warnings for not using the search function. Wink
Rad Ultima 2
It is a bit ironic that you ask why threads get closed on the 'music' board/forum. A better place to ask these sorts of questions would be on the "Frihost support" board. Of course though, there is an FAQ that may answer your question already. Wink
Traveller
Scotty Too Hotty wrote:
Why do moderators COntinuously close threads?
Because people don't want to follow the rules and they rationalize that their creation of their own topics absolves them from any responsibility to search.

In a great many of these cases, especially recent threads in this same, Music forum the topics that were duplicated were not, in fact, "from months ago," but contained recent posts that kept them on the first page.

Moreover, one of the duplicated topics was a "sticky," which means it is ALWAYS at the TOP of the forum, adn even had posts from today.. The other had had a post as recently as three days ago, not the months mentioned in your exaggerated screed. Since the topic is obviously popular enough, it, too, has now been made a "sticky," and is at the top of the forum, so there is no excuse for duplication.

-close-

P.S. @Scott: I've wanted to get a handle on the Naruto situation for a little while, now, and will soon be consolidating much of it into a single thread. Thanks for the reminder. In the future, please feel free to let us know about such things by PM, since we do not, each, have the opportunity to check every post, every day. Thanks, again.