FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More bad news from Iraq...

S3nd K3ys
This is terrible. I can surely understand why we didn't hear about this from the MSM.

Horrible. Just horrible. Damn Bush and his failures!

Foxnews.com wrote:
Iraqi Gov't Takes Command of Armed Forces
Thursday, September 07, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq For the first time since its defeat by U.S.-led coalition forces in 2003, Iraq is in command of its own armed forces.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
joshumu
Quote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Death squads and terrorists have ramped up attacks on civilians in Iraq, killing more than 1,600 people in cold-blooded "execution-style" slayings in July alone, a Pentagon report said Friday.

Increasing violence is affecting "all other measures of stability, reconstruction and transition," according to the report, which examined the situation in June, July and August.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/01/iraq.main/index.html

I am personally baffled by anyone who thinks we are doing something good out there. Im confused by the idea that our government can do no wrong, and has good intentions with this preemptive war. And Im ashamed i even dignified this thread with a response. Not because of the ignorant praise but because of the poor use of sarcasm. But I'm only human.
tribe
I have been 100% for the war from day 1. I am not going to back down on our troops, I am also not going to flip flop from my support of it.

We liberated Iraq, and sure we never found any weapons, but Saddam is always a step ahead, there were weapons and we all know it, they were sent over the border folks to the east and west into Syria and Iran.

Secondly, soon we will have a major ally with Israel to build off of in the Middle East. Maybe those freaks will see how great freedom really is.

We need to stay the course, because if we do, it could mean major things for our future in that part of the world, especially if Iran ever planned to interfere.

I support the war, I support Bush's actions.
maclui
This is a never ending chain of events, the iraqui government controls its army, so what?? Terrorism is out of control.
xalophus
I love the way you try to interpret it for us, but you seem to have "missed" the point here -

Foxnews.com wrote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq — For the first time since its defeat by U.S.-led coalition forces in 2003, Iraq is in command of its own armed forces.

Several old-time imperial colonies now have autonomous governments for the first time since they were taken over by colonialists.
Going by your logic, we can see how good a thing colonialism really was.
S3nd K3ys
xalophus wrote:
I love the way you try to interpret it for us, but you seem to have "missed" the point here -

Foxnews.com wrote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq For the first time since its defeat by U.S.-led coalition forces in 2003, Iraq is in command of its own armed forces.

Several old-time imperial colonies now have autonomous governments for the first time since they were taken over by colonialists.
Going by your logic, we can see how good a thing colonialism really was.

I haven't had to smack you for fabricating things lately, but here goes...

I didn't write that, so do try to inject your little stories about how I tried to interpret it for you.
nopaniers
Are polticians speeches going to bring back any of the dead?

BBC wrote:
Baghdad violence 'not declining' Sectarian and insurgent killings in Baghdad are undiminished The Iraqi ministry of health says more than 1,500 people were killed in attacks in Baghdad last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5326790.stm

Sadly, that violence continued today with 15 people killed in Baghdad.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5322664.stm

As it turns out, today even the US Senate is admitting what was blindingly obvious to the rest of the world all along - there was no connection between the Iraqi government and terrorism.

Forbes wrote:
A Senate intelligence committee report says there's no evidence Saddam Hussein had a relationship with terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi or his al-Qaida associates before the Iraq war.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/09/08/ap3003247.html
HoboPelican
I believe we are still discussing this in the Sticky topic on the Middle East.

-Locked-