FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm still newbie. How to start?

Da Rossa
NO, WAIT, not that serious. I have the files and already uploaded them to the public_html folder. I followed an ordinary tutorial to install a phpBB but I honestly forgot what is the addres to access the file install.php. The 'root address' is darossa.frih.net..... <--- the completion is what I'd like to know, Wink

This is the phpBB, but I'm not currently willing to use it. Today I need just to host a simple page, maybe a text, to show up when visiting my site. I know that it has to be in the public_html folder. So, once uploaded, how to visit it?

Thanks!
mathiaus
Your forum is already installed. To visit a file located in your public_html just go to your domain and add the file name and extension afterwards. The page that shows by default by just visiting the domain is index.html delete this to have your index.php (forum index) page show by default.
tidruG
Quote:
This is the phpBB, but I'm not currently willing to use it. Today I need just to host a simple page, maybe a text, to show up when visiting my site. I know that it has to be in the public_html folder. So, once uploaded, how to visit it?

Well, first of all, make a simple text page (if you have no coding experience, then use FrontPage or Dreamweaver), save it as "index.html".

In your public_html folder, there will already be an index.html page. Delete that and upload your index.html page. Now when someone types darossa.frih.net, they will see the simple text page that you just created.

Alternately, if you call your page page1.html and upload it to your public_html folder, to view it, you have to type darossa.frih.net/page1.html. I think this should answer your question.
Da Rossa
tidruG wrote:
Quote:

Well, first of all, make a simple text page (if you have no coding experience, then use FrontPage or Dreamweaver), save it as "index.html".

In your public_html folder, there will already be an index.html page. Delete that and upload your index.html page. Now when someone types darossa.frih.net, they will see the simple text page that you just created.

Alternately, if you call your page page1.html and upload it to your public_html folder, to view it, you have to type darossa.frih.net/page1.html. I think this should answer your question.

I got it!
Thanks Mat and Tid!
tidruG
Well, seems resolved.

-close-