FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Impact of the economic power of Venezuela

risuarez
As you may know, Venezuela is having a good time thanks to the high oil prices and their capacity to supply the market with that good! In 2005 the Venezuelan economy grew at a 9,3% rate! President chavez said that Venezuela is becoming an "Small economic potence" to quote his exacts words!

Do you believe Venezuela is becoming a "real" economic potence? or it just having a good time wich will end when oil prices come downs? Chavez is using his economic liquidity to by military goods and finance some political projects aborad just as the United States do in order to influenciate in the world economic order.

What do you thing?
indeedwrestling
Well, is that real GDP growth? Have you taken into account inflation? Also, a lot of that was just government spending. That might still mean that the current accounts deficit is just growing and they are counting on counted oil production/rights to save them.
S3nd K3ys
Without the benifit of a capitolist society, very few will benefit from the (reletively low by international terms) financial limits available to them.
risuarez
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Without the benifit of a capitolist society, very few will benefit from the (reletively low by international terms) financial limits available to them.

Would you please specify what objective and impartial arguments leads you to conclude such an statement?

Personally I believe Venezual is having a great liquidity but it is not investing in development sectors! As you might know Economic Growth does not means Economic Development. In order to be economically developed you need not only economic growth but also investments in technology and capital. I do not really think Venezuela is doing that!
sonalobramo
Chavez is buying out peoples souls in his country using his oil-dollars. The venezuelans, the poor support him because thanks to the high oil prices he can share some of that money with the people. But that's all he's doing. The oil and commercial sectors are the only ones that are making any money. All the others are just dying out. Nobody is investing in that country and as soon as the oil prices come down, than Chavez's power will too.
S3nd K3ys
risuarez wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Would you please specify what objective and impartial arguments leads you to conclude such an statement?

HuH? Objective? It sounds like English, but I can't understand a damn word you're saying. Shocked j/k

I guess my objective is clarification to the false presumption that Venezuela is capable of thriving as an economic power.

If you're wondering how I came to that concolusion, by financial limits I mean there's not enough oil in the ground to make them that rich at the rate that thug is spending it on stupid shit. And who said anything about impartial arguments? It's an informed opinion that's likely very partial.
insanesnoopy
Venezuela’s economic rebound will be sustained. This is according to a
California-based independent investment research firm. Surging public sector investment is building a strong foundation for long-term economic growth.

Cheers