FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rough Bumpy Skin? ><

Aiz
Ahhh this is embarrassing but here I go.

As I was posting a reply to the "Alt Med" thread, it made me recall why I tried natural skin care products to begin with.

My skin's always rough and bumpy in the lower legs. and slightly bumpy in the upper arms. When I used those skin care products, they made it a bit better and it felt better but it never cured it fully.

Now that I looked at it, those look like tiny non-swollen pimples on my legs ;___; ack. And I'm not the acne prone type. I only get acne if I accidentally dozed off without properly remove my makeup the night before, and it has to be pretty heavy makeup to make my face spout red dots. Even then, only 1-2 at a time. Now my legs, they look like pimple jr. parks >_<

So, I was wondering, does anyone know of a way to get rid of em? ;_;

*goes to hide in her corner after she's done*
HoboPelican
Aiz wrote:
Ahhh this is embarrassing but here I go.
*goes to hide in her corner after she's done*

I haven't a clue, but could it be related to hair removal? I get bumps like that when I get my back waxed (yeah, I can embarass myself, too Laughing ) and I've seen some reactions from shaving and dipilatories also.
Aiz
funny thing is, no. >< I've never shaved or otherwise tried to remove hair from my legs. (I'm asian, so there's not much point to it since there isn't much there to remove anyway.)

T_T some of them seem to be ingrowth, but it shouldnt be because i never did anything to em ;_;

=/ they've just been like that as long as I've known. My rough skin sorta takes after my dad >_< but I wanna get rid of it cuz, although he didn't mind his rough skin, but the whole point is, he's a guy ;_; and moi is not *sobs*
sbel
Sometimes its in the genes. Or maybe your skin could be too sensitive to the envirnment or something.
3lina
hey i hav d same problem

n ya its sooooo irritatin rite!!!!

newaz did u find out d soln
plz plz lemme kno if u do
Helios
^ Would be nice if you could write in a way so that everybody could understand what you're trying to say.

I have this "problem". My skin isn't smooth, arms, legs, even the face (not visually visible though).
I went to a dermatologist and she said it's genetics.

I honestly don't see it as a problem... just ignore it, unless it's very rough and visible.
jabce85
There is actually a skin disorder that is similar to what you're talking about. I have a mild form of it, but for the life of me can't remember the name. The bumps appear on the back side of the upper-arm, sometimes on the face, and I'm not sure about the legs.. The kind I'm talking about are never swollen, but you can definitely feel them.
deanhills
Perhaps you need to see a dermatologist. It could be something very simple, such as being allergic to soap for example, or an ingredient in a creame that you have been using. The dermatologist could possibly prescribe a creame or soap to minimize the allergy. Perhaps sunshine could also be good for it.