FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MY homePage

NjRocket
Hey guys, ive been working on main page, im almost done with it. I want to hear some opinions and/or suggestions ok. www.sportschatter.frih.net
Marston
Your design is pretty random; there's no visiual structure (meaning that your page isn't visiually seperated into columns or sections, hence your content looks like it's been randomly displayed). The design of your menu (the links all point to javascriptkit.com and dynamicdrive.com, by the way) doesn't really conform to the design (or lack thereof) of the rest of your site. I would suggest removing your Adsense ads until your site becomes more popular, whereupon you should think of a better place to put them. Additionally, it seems like your website's content is being fetched from yahoo.com - think about writing the content yourself. Why would people go to your site to read yahoo's sports news? Lastly, your site needs a more adequate logo- "Sports Chatter" with some pictures of athletes just isn't going to cut it.

Keep in mind that all of this is constructive.
NjRocket
Marston wrote:
Your design is pretty random; there's no visiual structure (meaning that your page isn't visiually seperated into columns or sections, hence your content looks like it's been randomly displayed). The design of your menu (the links all point to javascriptkit.com and dynamicdrive.com, by the way) doesn't really conform to the design (or lack thereof) of the rest of your site. I would suggest removing your Adsense ads until your site becomes more popular, whereupon you should think of a better place to put them. Additionally, it seems like your website's content is being fetched from yahoo.com - think about writing the content yourself. Why would people go to your site to read yahoo's sports news? Lastly, your site needs a more adequate logo- "Sports Chatter" with some pictures of athletes just isn't going to cut it.

yea i know the links pt to javascript amd dynamic, havent changed that yet, i understand about the yahoo sports, but i plan on writing some of my own. Its mainly going to be a forum to talk sports. But the template i choose only has a blank middle. I would think of going joomla, but i hate not having html or scripts. Is joomla worth it for a site like this or no. I rather use html like i said, but your saying my site is lacking. So idk.
NjRocket
Marston wrote:

yea i know the links pt to javascript amd dynamic, havent changed that yet, i understand about the yahoo sports, but i plan on writing some of my own. Its mainly going to be a forum to talk sports. But the template i choose only has a blank middle. I would think of going joomla, but i hate not having html or scripts. Is joomla worth it for a site like this or no. I rather use html like i said, but your saying my site is lacking. So idk.
evilryu530
hey i can't seem to open ur site, is it down? i will check back.
NjRocket
evilryu530 wrote:
hey i can't seem to open ur site, is it down? i will check back.

you might be clicking on my banner, that doesnt work right now. My site is www.sportschatter.frih.net
illegalhost
Hi, i think your frame is abit out in your main story. It drops to the bottom of the page (although still in the middle) and hence the middle is an empty space. You should check your frame settings again. You should consider broadening your frames i think. And your logo/picture on the top stating "Sports Chatter", is too huge. It takes a while for me to download - in fact, it is the last to be done after the rest are on my screen. Hmm, regarding your story, i think that there is just too little comments on your home page to gain any interest for anybody to look further into your website. You should work more to put in more sports news on the first page, rather than just one news (referring to "Ryan Howard chasing the homerun record?"). You could check out googles' News page for further improvement. All this from just my first impression as a passerby - on your first page.