FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FEAR

medievalman26
I just thought that FEAR deserved its own topic because it was a great game a little sluggish if you don't use alienware but other than that I thought it was a great FPS and it scared the crap out of me. Then again I did play it at night the first night that it came out. Any other thoughts about FEAR?
snowboardalliance
I got the free download of FEAR COMBAT online, but I've only played it like for an hour. Pretty good though for a free game, I don't think I would buy it.
medievalman26
the full version is much bette than the free one. I would wait until it goes down in price before you try the full game out.
ForceRun
You got to play the singleplayer through, very sweet game!, It has slowmo and with melee attacks, and the graphics the slow mo times are beautiful. They have a sinper railgun type weapon that vaporizes the target down to the bones in one shot. It is a great game and must be played on a gaming rig to get the most out of it. FEAR combat is out for free give it a try, it is pretty fun. FEAR will run on older systems but it will look like crap. Slowmo with the shotgun is just nuts.
Tokci
I read the reviews and bought this game...only to find out that I'll have to upgrade the graphics cards...but gotta tell u its worth the money.

Awsome game...good storyline and many scary moments.
Next stop : fear combat
loryl
I watched someone play FEAR once. The graphics were so realistically creepy that by the time my friend was done playing, I was hiding under a blanket trembling (sadly, I don't take horror/suspense/anything icky like that very well).
angels
thought that FEAR deserved its own topic because it was a great game a little sluggish if you don't use alienware but other than that I thought it was a great FPS and it scared the crap out of me. Then again I did play it at night the first night that it came out. Any other thoughts about FEAR?
i think that matches fear is the best i ever played
medievalman26
Tokci wrote:
I read the reviews and bought this game...only to find out that I'll have to upgrade the graphics cards...but gotta tell u its worth the money.

Awsome game...good storyline and many scary moments.
Next stop : fear combat

I agree at the moment I am trying to upgrade to at least a gig of ram because FEAR doesn't run to well with only 512 megs of ram.
infernic
does anyone have any funny screenshots from the game? like errors or stuff like that?
xkobram
FEAR COMBAT!!
Thats very kind of monolith that they made something like that...
BUT, MP is good, PS better!
TonkPilz
fear rocks and the expansion coming soon
garionw
I love that game.

I still trying to finish it now but its really good. I myself dont find it that creepy, the only part that made me jump was the one at the start where Fettle jumps out when you're on the roof of the building.

The only thing that annoys me is that wepon that lets you vapourise them (Shoots out a big blue beam?) You can't get them in real life and it kinda spoils it a bit for me.

Im also suprised that this didn't get its own topic befrorehand
TonkPilz
It has gotten a few topics before
medievalman26
garionw wrote:
I love that game.

I still trying to finish it now but its really good. I myself dont find it that creepy, the only part that made me jump was the one at the start where Fettle jumps out when you're on the roof of the building.

The only thing that annoys me is that wepon that lets you vapourise them (Shoots out a big blue beam?) You can't get them in real life and it kinda spoils it a bit for me.

Im also suprised that this didn't get its own topic befrorehand

It is supposed to be that way the weapon is supposed to be futureistic. It is fun to use on anything except for the ninja guys. Ahhh I love the smell of charred enemy skeletal remains in the morning. Try to finish the game it has a great ending I jumped at the same part in the beginning. Also you have to try it at night it is awesome.
eLto
FEAR was a great game. Fairly hard, and damn creepy. I've lost count off all the times I nearly pissed my pants while playing it, and that's saying something, cause' I'm usually not scared by games or movies.
rohan2kool
FEAR rocks.. the eyecandy is sexy and the best part of it is the physics and the AI. You can get the eye candy like this at many places.. but you just can't get the AI (although you can get that cool AI in FarCry).. and the physics. not played it for long... i get bored by games pretty quick. And yep, for the record, it is a scary game.. truly creepy
medievalman26
rohan2kool wrote:
FEAR rocks.. the eyecandy is sexy and the best part of it is the physics and the AI. You can get the eye candy like this at many places.. but you just can't get the AI (although you can get that cool AI in FarCry).. and the physics. not played it for long... i get bored by games pretty quick. And yep, for the record, it is a scary game.. truly creepy

I agree if you can find a cpu that can handle the game it can be one of the best graphic wise games out right now. Did you guys notice the enemy AI squads how they changed tactics even after you died and tried the same part? It is very challenging to find good AI now but Farcry and FEAR have got it down.