FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tables and Layout

NjRocket
Hey guys, i have a question about tables. On my site, www.sportschatter.frih.net, i have open area in the middle. Well I plan to have like a picture every week with news next to it like this, http://sports.yahoo.com. But i cant figure out the table system. I want the table to go to the ads basically without interfering. I dont want the borders to show. Any idea how to go about doing this?
silentpark
well maybe tables are not the best choice for doing something like this but how you get tables without broders is easy...

you have you table tag: <table>

most html tags support attributes like height, width, color etc..

so everything you need to do is to add an attribute... so just add border="0px" and you will work fine ._.

so you have: <table border="0px">

should work Razz
NjRocket
silentpark wrote:
well maybe tables are not the best choice for doing something like this but how you get tables without broders is easy...

you have you table tag: <table>

most html tags support attributes like height, width, color etc..

so everything you need to do is to add an attribute... so just add border="0px" and you will work fine ._.

so you have: <table border="0px">

should work Razz

Ok, i can see this working, but can you explain more please. Is it going to be a table where you can have one thing on the left, than one thing on the right?

Questions, do i put in text normally, than place the <table border ect after the text, than after the next set of text place the end table. If not, can you write out the script, or show me where to do it, my site is www.sportschatter.frih.net , if you could look at my script and show me where to place it, i want it right under the banner, inbetween navigation and the ads. Ill reward ya with Frih$
Georgeboy
If you want to build a table, you can start like this:

<table width="100%" border="0" [eventually some other attributes]>
<tr><td width="25%">text in the first column</td><td width="75%">second column, this can also be some hrefs or images...</td></tr>
<tr><td>second row, first column</td><td>second row, second column</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">third row, but here i used an attribute so you can use the whole width of your table for pe a banner... this results in one column</td></tr>
</table>

I hope this could help you... Of course you can write as many rows you want and you can change the number of colums or the width of it...

Greetz
medievalman26
First of all what web design software are you using e.g. Microsoft Frontpage, Dreamweaver,etc. Second try looking at the code of that page and look for the tables that they used that is the best way to get the same general look and feel for a duplicate type of page.
silentpark
i think he is basicly using some text editor... well the site were he wants to tadd this "module" is a template so there is not a lot of coding to do (basicly)

for making tables dreamweaver or frontpage could help, but editing a tamplate with such an editor is realy senseless, they will just trash the hole template
medievalman26
I agree I tried to do that a while ago and it practically destroyed the entire site. None of the pages came out the way they should have. I ended up just copying the code and pasting it on the new pages and after that modifing the pages to be different from each other. It was tedious at best.