FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 problems getting worse?

Marston
I've noticed today that server 2 seems to be going down like every 5-10 minutes. The connection times out, or just gets reset.

What's going on?
ninjakannon
Well ages ago someone, I think it was Bondings, said that Apache was restarting every 15 minuites. I've noticed this problem too and I think it could be teh same Apache restarting problem again.

But we'll have to wait for someone in the know to tell us Mad
Bockman
as said in other topics (most recent one being this quoted one ):
Bondings wrote:
SlowWalkere wrote:
I'm guessing that something is making the pages inaccessible (i.e. excess server load from scripts) but that doesn't necessitate the server being restarted, so there is no evidence that the "downtime" actually happened. I think what Hammy (and everybody) wants is some kind of indication of whether or not the server is accessible and, if its not, how long its been inaccessible.

That is the time since the last server restart.

What you are referring to is most likely Apache restarting/crashing. The problem is that every time an account is created or removed, Apache (web server) needs to restart resulting in it being 10-30 seconds down. It is also currently restarted one time per hour by the monitoring tool (and there are problems if I switch it to less frequently). Also from time to time Apache crashes and is usually restarted within the minute, the last thing is what I'm trying to stop and what is the most annoying.

i'll -close- this one as we do not need any more topics about the same thing (I stopped counting them already). PLEASE do not open a new topic when there are topics regarding that same issue.

Be Well Cool