FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft Problem

2nProductions
I hoped I posted this in the right place, anyways I have a Starcraft problem (mine is legit), I can't play Singleplayer I updated to the latest of course, and of course I re-installed it 3 times, can anyone help?

To be more specific: everytime I click on campaign and choose a race, it just does the starcraft noise and won't load the campaign.
QrafTee
2nProductions wrote:
I hoped I posted this in the right place, anyways I have a Starcraft problem (mine is legit), I can't play Singleplayer I updated to the latest of course, and of course I re-installed it 3 times, can anyone help?

To be more specific: everytime I click on campaign and choose a race, it just does the starcraft noise and won't load the campaign.

What are you running the Starcraft on? What are the specs? Has it happened before? Is it classic or Brood War? Can you play on the internet?
2nProductions
Specs:
ATI Radeon 9550 AGP
300 GHZ
1 GB ram

I can play online perfectly Smile but single player no.
QrafTee
What I'm guessing is that you have the spawn version which means you can play without the CD, but only online. You can use the map editor, but you cannot play single player without the CD. If you have been using the CD all along hmm... it may require further research.
Lusiphur
If you are having no luck whatsoever playing it singleplayer I would reccomend you hit the Blizzard forums.

There is a chance it has been asked there before and then you can steal the answer, or you can register and post the question in the Tech forums.

Not the idea solution as is might take a while, but it's better than nothing...
2nProductions
Oh no I hate using the CD, so I dont have CD, but I have Legit Key
QrafTee
2nProductions wrote:
Oh no I hate using the CD, so I dont have CD, but I have Legit Key

Well using just the spawned version (even with a valid) key will not work without the CD in single-player campaigns. So until you use the CD to play the games, you won't be playing anytiime soon. You used to be able to download a no-CD crack, but Blizzard has threatened every site carrying it with legal force so finding that will be tough. My advice, just use the CD.
2nProductions
No BW launcher?
Reaper
broodwar does not have a spawn for it, as they said above you must actually install the complete game and use the cd to run sc. There are certain programs that will allow you to do it with out cds but since there illegal it doesn't really matter, besides I think they take up the same amount of space if not more.
edit: In addition you must have the full version of starcraft installed or you can't install broodwar.