FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2 sites?

hsadmin
Is there any way to have to links, like, one link that is for www.extremesummerfilms.frih.net linking to www.extremefilms.frih.net so people that wanna view the site at the old link can. And no, i'm not asking for anymore memory, just to have to links. Is there any way to purchase it or something
Hammy
I dont think it would be possible, but maybe bondings or your account creator might let u leave your old domain open a few weeks redirecting people to your new domain. But it would mean for them to remember to delete it after them few weeks.
hsadmin
Well, I figure if I post it enough then people will find it... The new site should be up friday-saturday.... So, they don't have to worry and do all of that work
xorcist
You could just have two folders, and one folder for one site and the other folder for the other site, just have two links to both of the sites on the page page.
Traveller
Xorcist has part of the idea.

What you do is to make two folders, then either set up subdomains in DirectAdmin to point to each one, or get a different domain somewhere else and point it to one of the folders.

For example, you might create a subdomain called "summer.extremefilms.frih.net" or register a domain elsewhere called "extremesummerfilms.com" and whichever you do, just point the DNS to "www.extremefilms.frih.net/summer" where you would keep the Summer films.
xorcist
Traveller wrote:
Xorcist has part of the idea.

What you do is to make two folders, then either set up subdomains in DirectAdmin to point to each one, or get a different domain somewhere else and point it to one of the folders.

For example, you might create a subdomain called "summer.extremefilms.frih.net" or register a domain elsewhere called "extremesummerfilms.com" and whichever you do, just point the DNS to "www.extremefilms.frih.net/summer" where you would keep the Summer films.

That's 1 idea I was saying but he could have a introduction page when you first enter his site and one for Summer Extremefilms and the other one is for Extremefilms or whatever. Like the main page on his sie now but just have two images.
saiyeek
U should use that domain pointer option. I think it wouldn't be much difficult for your account creater to provide you with two subdomains unless you don't have more than one hosting account.
mathiaus
The problem is that it requires 2 frih.net domains using the provided example whcih is against the rules. The addition of any other domain would be easy to have the old one forwarded.
Hammy
yeah.. thats the point i was getting at , he's using 2 .FRIH.NET domains...
I asshumed he was wanting to change his address to be a little shorter, but would still like the traffic from his longer domain to be redirected to his shorter one for a while till people know his new domain address.

Wink
tidruG
Hmm.... I don't think that's possible. If we edit the subdomain, we'd just edit it from DirectAdmin, which would mean that the old one no longer exists. I don't think we'd be able to have a redirect there then.
mathiaus
@tidruG it's easily possible, the user just needs permission to have the two frih.net domains either permantly or just temporarily.
hsadmin
I already had mine changed to www.extremefilms.frih.net so just lock this topic to get it out of the way.
Animal
hsadmin wrote:
I already had mine changed to www.extremefilms.frih.net so just lock this topic to get it out of the way.

-close- as requested.