FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver + PHP

gnomme
What's the best php extensions for Dreamweaver?
zwlgigi
it's said that Dreamwaver is not a good tool for the php
zenocide17
If dreamweaver is not that good do you know of another solution? I mean I could install IIS or Apache on my Windoze box, but that would require much more work. Otherwise I have to drag my old Linux box out that has apache installed on it to test my PHP code
NooBix
I use dreamweaver to code and apache+php to test lol Laughing

The colour code helps a lot too Rolling Eyes
chrismen
i like dreamweaver, it is very nice for php
RT Cunningham
I use UlraEdit (text editor) to code everything in PHP. I know, I know, you're asking about extensions to a full-fledged web page editor.

I have used both Dreamweaver and Frontpage in the past for designing the pages, but the PHP code would always get mangled (pushed to the top of the page or whatever). So... I switched to using a text editor with PHP tag support, just for the PHP parts. Of course, lately I've only used UE and do a lot of browser reloads to see the changes.

You don't have to use Apache or IIS... any HTTP server that supports PHP will do. I installed Sambar on my machine for testing. It didn't take very long to set up at all. I highly recommend testing with localhost before uploading anything anyway.
marixworld
I guess it's not with the software, its with the coding. i've been using dreamweaver for quiet some time along with notepad and crimson editor . there's nothing wrong with my codes.

I used xampp for my projects, it got everything for dynamic webs, php, mySQL and PHPMyAdmin. although xampp is vulnerable as some people say, changing default settings help lessen security issues during development.
Traquarius
I inadvertently posted the same question twice. I would have deleted it but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. So instead, I edited it and now all you see is my apology.

But please read my message below! Why are the simplest questions so hard to find answers for?
Traquarius
I've been searching and searching and all the answers are too advanced. Would some kind soul just give me an idea of the basic steps to take?

In the past when I created a webform, my ISP created code for me. But alas, I never learned how to do it myself and really have no idea how to begin.

I created a web form using Dreamweaver. All I want to do is have the results returned to me in email.

This seems simple--why are the answers so ding-dong hard to find?
Traquarius
I've been searching and searching and all the answers are too advanced. Would some kind soul just give me an idea of the basic steps to take?

In the past when I created a webform, my ISP created code for me. But alas, I never learned how to do it myself and really have no idea how to begin.

I created a web form using Dreamweaver. All I want to do is have the results returned to me in email.

This seems simple--why are the answers so ding-dong hard to find?
tom69
I also preferr dreamweaver it's exelent for building websites

www.fatalflaw.co.nr is also build with dreamweaver
Traquarius
Whew. Thanks to help from some people and by looking deeper into the help menu, I figured out how to put my simple form online.

First, I found a great little trial program: tools4php.com

With that, all I had to do was use their wizard, and then upload the php file to my public folder.

So simple, yet it was so hard for me to get there. At least persistence does finally pay off!
sceptileex
congrats, you just quatriple posted Rolling Eyes dreamweaver was never meant for specifically coding php IMO. It could help abit, but not much. Hand coding is still the best anyway, IMO.
XtRm
Dreamweaver helps me a lot. Some great advantage is that it colour your code and this is really useful. But you can code php in notepad too. Dreamweaver only makes it a bit easyer.
antonio100

I created a web form using Dreamweaver. All I want to do is have the results returned to me in email. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
vignesh_natraj
dreamweaver is goog it gives you sybtax for functions and changes the colour so that you can find out syntax errors.
Mosquito.Tyler
Tell you what, I just downloaded Crimson Editor, and it has syntax coloring for all the codes I use in my pages. The features it has are great. Keep in mind this is comeing from an avid Notepad user Razz. Anyway, for the price (FREE) Crimson Editor is definately a great tool.

EDIT: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Notepad ++

Better then Crimson Editor. Still Free.
quartz
Zend Studio is one of the best tool for php. Also many text editors are good:)
{name here}
Dreamweaver is a good syntax highlighting editor for PHP. You don't even need extentsions - Dreamweaver does everything useful right out of the box.

However, if you want to use a text editor, the fastest, lightest text typer in the west is a little one called the Gun packaged with MASM32 which basically is optimized to be the smallest useful text editor(fits in 16k of memory). Unfortunately it's only for Windows and if you have Linux the command line editor ed is your best choice for light text editing.

As for something with highlighting gVim and gEdit are my favorites. Emacs is also a decent text editor if you are willing waste your life away trying to understand it when there are simpler text editors out there.
Bengt
dreamweaver,
it feels like a dream Very Happy