FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uninstalling apps in WINE

THE11thROCK™
I'm pretty new to wine, though I had been using linux for a pretty long time. Red Hat, Linspire and now Xubuntu. However, I am making a mod of a windows game and I want to run it in Linux. I just want to ask if anybody has a experience in uninstalling apps in wine. I have no trouble installing programs in wine, trouble is I don't know how to remove or uninstall the apps after I install them. Thanks in advance.
djclue917
THE11thROCK™ wrote:
I have no trouble installing programs in wine, trouble is I don't know how to remove or uninstall the apps after I install them. Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on what software you are installing. If it comes with an uninstaller, then uninstallation via Wine wouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't use shortcuts and uses Windows' Add/Remove programs utility, then you might have a problem.

Normally, most installation software used to install Windows apps create its own entry in the Start Menu. In Linux generally, however, such a "Start Menu" doesn't exist. However, Wine is intelligent enough to "integrate" your desktop environment's menu, or more appropriately, disguise it as Windows' Start Menu. In that way, when you install apps, you'll normally find the new shortcuts made by Wine in your DE's menu (if such a menu exists).

I hope that helps...

BTW, I'm from the Philippines to. QC to be more specific. Wink