FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Urgent Virus Destroyed all my disk

pollux1er
A virus destroyed all my datas. But they are still there. When I open a word document, this is what i see:

"Virus MlourdesHReloaded II ha atakdo esta computadora"
"Virus 100% Méxicano, no es muy peligroso que digamos"
"Pero tu has sido el rival más débil ¡Adios!"
"Saludos a Ana Paty de Sinaloa y a Gedzac Labs"
"Espero y se hallan pasado una feliz Navidad y un próspero año nuevo"
"Feliz 2004 para todos"
"Para mayor información enviar un e-mail a tips@esmas.com"
"donde hablamos de computación en tu idioma"
""
"*-Dime solo esta vez, que has pensado... solo esta vez -*"

Which virus do you think destroyed them! Please help me. It is urgent. I want to get back my dataS.
Sunny
You are infected by virus PE_WINDANG.B. You can find more info about it here

I strongly recommend you to read the instructions and remove the virus. As far as recovering data is concerened I doubt you will be able to do it.
pollux1er
thank you very much for telling me the virus that destroys my datas. do you think there is an issue for me to get back all my datas. that is the greatest problem i have now. i have two disks. the main one i formatted it after the attack of the virus so that partition is already disinfected. the other partition is containing allt that datas weighting all 1ko because of the virus. Please you are able help me to get my datas back. thanks in advance
Sunny
As I said earlier first thing you should do is to remove the virus/registry keys etc as per the instructions.As recovery is concerned I am not an expert in this field but recovering deleted files is much more easier than overwritten/destroyed files. Only thing you can try is to search and install data recovery softwares and hope.

By any chance are you using Norton Antivirus?

Note: Don't install unecessary softwares or copy data in that partition to have any chance of recovery.

Good Luck!
budazz
After removing the virus in your sytem try to find a good anitvirus software like AVG free... Most people recommend this ...im one of them Very Happy
internetjobs
i thing if u clean u r virus all virus infected data may be loss, take care in this.
pollux1er
thank you. The datas, that is all what i wanted to recover. Now the virus is far. No virus. Thank for advising AVG. I'll try it