FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OpenSuSE Or Fedora?

LostOverThere
Hi,
I'm interested in Getting Linux, And I'm wondering what the main differences are between Fedora and OpenSUSE.

I'm wanting to keep Windows XP So I can still play and make Games.

So, I'm wanting to Dual Boot.

I'll be using my Linux installation for just general, Wordprocessing, updating website and other general things.
I'm thinking OpenSUSE because I love the graphical interface, but is Fedora more conpadible with more programs?
{name here}
Fedora is the testbed for features that may or may not go into the next Red Hat, so consider it to be beta quality software. As for OpenSuSE, it is in alpha stage, and is probably the same test bed lower quality software as Fedora. It seems like many people dislike Fedora(for example its package manager will download unnecesssary dependancies[installing a postscript viewer will force you to download nautilis - GNOME's file manager]), so if you want to get anything, get the released SuSE version from OpenSuSE's official site.
lSaKenl
if you're interested with compatibility, most tools are up to SuSE and Slackware
Traveller
LostOverThere wrote:
I'm interested in Getting Linux, And I'm wondering what the main differences are between Fedora and OpenSUSE.

In that case, search first, then you'll be able to read the 100+ messages in the existing, "I want to get Linux, Which one is best?" discussion without mindlessly creating duplicate topics.

-close-