FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Visual Confirmation

garionw
Due to the recent Spampost's in the Guest forum, is it possible, that on the Guest forum you have some sort of visual confirmation. It could be a simple if statement, I think:

Code:

if ($_SESSION("loggedin") == false){
 // Thingy Goes Here
}

Or to even more spammy-proof, you could have email confirmation before the post gets published (Much like an E-Card!)
Blaster
not a bad idea to stop this spamming. Some type of captcha (or whatever it is called)
tidruG
We're looking for a phpBB mod that does this. but we only need it for that one particular forum.

If someone can get us a link to a (reliable) mod which enables compulsory visual confirmation to post, I think we'd consider installing it. On the other hand, if it requires Bondings to have to manually code that, it may take some time as there are some other things that he needs to code which are more important. (Hopefully, you'll be seeing some of them within the next 2 weeks)
garionw
Ill have a look for you now Wink
Bondings
Sunny already found a catchpa mod. I'm not sure how good it works, but I'll try it out.

By the way, we already have a confirmation, but it isn't hard to spoof with a bot.

However, there isn't much we can do about manual spamming other than remove it once it appears.
Bondings
And I got it working! Let's hope most of the spam will be gone now.
garionw
This could probley be locked now
tidruG
garionw wrote:
This could probley be locked now

As I would have said if I was a genie...
"Your wish is my command"

But since I'm not a genie, I say...
"Abracadabra.... this thread is now -locked-"