FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

make me a contest

Blaster
I was thinking that i have way to many frih. So i thought why not make a contest out of it. So here the problem. I can't find a good idea for a contest. Thats when i thought of this.

Lets see who can think of the best contest for me to get rid of some of my frih. The winner will get 50 frih and will see there contest in the contest forum. You must tell me how to do this contest and how much i should offer.

Edit: the contest can't be a contest already on this forum
LukeakaDanish
Offer 1000 frih$ to the person who can make the best flash based, frihost theme'd game for you and the rest of frihost Very Happy
GameFreak
You could make a kind of "PHPBB-Modifying" or "PHPBB Teplate Creating" contest. You can give away prizes of 500, 250 and 125 frih$ as the first three places.
Hammy
Hows about a contest to make the best Frihost StickMan comic? 500 frih$.

or..

Give 20 frih$ to the next 10 new members. lol
LukeakaDanish
Hammy wrote:
Hows about a contest to make the best Frihost StickMan comic? 500 frih$.

Haha...thats a good one Wink

I would definately give that a go Razz
Blaster
hmm by any chance luke did you make a flash game? Hmm some sound good but i would like to here what others have to say first
ninjakannon
Although I'm not sugesting a game type that you can offer. I'm giving a few tips to everone else that does.

The best games are games that everyone (or a maximum number of) people can play. Games like "making the best flash based, frihost theme'd game" will have a very small target audience, remember that most people will not have flash, let alone be able to make a good game on it.

Games/contests must also be easy to play / take part in. As some people will just not be bothered to enter something that is too complicated.

Hope this is useful Wink
LukeakaDanish
Blaster wrote:
hmm by any chance luke did you make a flash game? Hmm some sound good but i would like to here what others have to say first

No, but i've just learned flash (and fount out actionscript is the same as javascript), so im looking for an escuse to spend ages programming and designing...

@ninjakannon:

Seen as the frihost community consists largely of webmasters, i would recon that there are a fair few people who know how to design flash games!

Thats all from me for now...Smile
Blaster
ok luke contribute to my game thread found here if you make me a good one i'll still pay you some Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
Haha...its gonna be my first flash game - so its probably gonna suck...

Also, i dont have very much time atm... Sad
ninjakannon
Blaster wrote:
ok luke contribute to my game thread found here if you make me a good one i'll still pay you some Very Happy

Erm... that thread is locked, Blaster.

@LukeakaDanish: Yes, Ok, maybe you're right... but from my experience people just don't take part in contests that because they have to do too much work.
LukeakaDanish
ninjakannon wrote:
@LukeakaDanish: Yes, Ok, maybe you're right... but from my experience people just don't take part in contests that because they have to do too much work.

Your right...

Try one of the other ideas mr. blast... Smile
Blaster
i know its closed because i told tidruG to close it. But it gave luke something to do didn't it.
LukeakaDanish
Blaster wrote:
i know its closed because i told tidruG to close it. But it gave luke something to do didn't it.

Dont worry - I have stuff to do anyway...and if i want to make a game, i will probably make it frihost theme'd anyway and then post some contest for it on this forum...