FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pictures of me!

ThornsOfSorrow
Here are some pictures of me when I dressed a lot more gothic than I do now. The first one is just the bigger, full version of my avatar, and the second isn't the best quality, but I like it because I made the skirt out of a pair of pants and I'm somewhat proud of it.

tidruG
Goth and hardcore music is fine by me, but I'm not really much into the Goth look.

Although your skirt really does look cool
alexpotter
hey, you dress really cool, that's not my style though, but I'd like to try it one day Smile just to feel different like for a day Smile

nice pics Smile
anticitizen1
Nice Style ThornsOfSorrow!
I like the look of the gothic girls!
well im a punk but i like that style.
goblinish
I think you look great Very Happy Like your hair!
Sokken
You have a pretty interesting look. I am not so attracted to the goth girl look but I do think your cloth look quite cool.
PerArne
You look good!
You dress like my girlfriend, and I kinda like that look.
But she looks a bit less gothic, and sometimes uses light/bright make-up and clothes Wink
ThornsOfSorrow
PerArne wrote:
But she looks a bit less gothic, and sometimes uses light/bright make-up and clothes Wink

Well, like I said, I also dress a lot less gothic now as well. Still black clothes for the most part, but that's really the only reason that they still look goth at all. Also, my only make-up is eyeliner, so I guess that would still be a difference between your girlfriend and myself.

Anyway, thanks everyone, although it looks as if no one read the first sentence. Laughing Wink
Dragonfly
You look cool to me. If you are satisfied with your dress style it is nice. My concern about your dressing style is that I don't know if you are comfortable piercing in the lower lip. Otherwise, it looks fine with me and I rather find it cool.

Keep posting more pictures.. You are cute too.
ThornsOfSorrow
Thanks, and my lip piercing actually is comfortable because my lip has become slightly indented underneath it in order to help it sit better. It's someting you get used to; in fact, if I took it out now I'm sure it would feel strange.
joshumu
Take some new pic's so we know what you look like now.
ThornsOfSorrow
No problem. I took this one ten minutes ago:

My hair and face are the same, but the clothes are a bit different, especially since my pants are green.
Lennon
Must tell you that you have great style.

You're great working with image alright, you've good perception.
XeRo
I think the last one is really nice, the first ones show a lot your Gothic style...

By the way, nice color for the bedroom... Razz, I like black a lot.

Dream Theater - Octavarium (Score)
Muffi
nice style.. umm one question, do u even sleep wearing that necktie? Embarassed

i mean i wear chains, but nothing as such ever.. tell me about it..

looks nice to me Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
@Lennon: Thank you. Smile

@XeRo: People always think that black is a horrible, depressing color for someone's bedroom (and maybe it is for some), but I think it looks great with white furniture. The only bad thing is that I need a huge light to actually brighten my room at night, and it's still pretty dark in here even with the light. Oh well. Anyway, I like black a lot too (obviously Wink ).

@Muffi: No, I don't wear it while I'm sleeping, although I might as well because I do wear it a lot. I actually have two different ones, but the one I wear the most isn't shown in any of the pictures that I posted. It has a lot more spikes, some long, some short, and it basically looks a lot more menacing. I wear the collar that's shown in the pictures when I'm wearing girls' clothes, and I wear the spikier one when I'm wearing band tee-shirts. I don't know why, but that's how it is. Either way, I never leave my house without one of those; in fact, the one with the bigger spikes is worn so much that it's only being held together by the spikes. And that's really all there is to tell about my collars/neckties/whatever you want to call them. Very Happy
tidruG
Honestly, I think you'd look really much better without the collar... it just contributes a little too much to the goth look. I mean, even in the last picture, it looks like you're still pretty much into goth but you're just chilling at home, and that's why the goth is turned down a bit Razz
ThornsOfSorrow
I know it adds a lot to the look, but like I said, I've been wearing those things for many years, so I can't just stop. I'm currently involved in a very slow, subconscious process of making myself look like a normal person, but I still haven't been able to part with my hair, my piercings, or my spikes. I'm not really trying to become normal; it's just sort of happening (because we all have to grow up at some point), so I'd feel naked without my spikes. Thank you for the feedback. Razz
tidruG
Normal?
You want to be normal?
Grown ups are normal?

Wow, what planet do you live on? Wink

Personally, if the world as you see it now is "normal", I'd much rather be a bit abnormal. Nothing of significance happens unless you try things in an abnormal fashion.
Nothing of significance came about without a bil of rebellion Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, okay so normal wasn't exactly the right word to use there. I meant that if I'm going to get a real job one day, then I'm going to have to take out my piercings, dye my hair back to its natural color (I don't even know what that is anymore), and wear colors other than black.
tidruG
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Haha, okay so normal wasn't exactly the right word to use there. I meant that if I'm going to get a real job one day, then I'm going to have to take out my piercings, dye my hair back to its natural color (I don't even know what that is anymore), and wear colors other than black.

Nah, that'll be like shedding your identity (not really, but whatever).
I'd say, just get rid of the collar, and the piercings if you really want to. But you can keep your hair reddish-maroon (is that what it is currently?) as long as you're young Very Happy.
As far as black clothes are concerned... hmm, well, yeah I guess it wouldn't hurt to wear something different once in a while Wink ... although black really seems to be your colour.
ThornsOfSorrow
Yeah, I guess you can call it reddish-maroon. It has black and red stripes, although soon the red near the top will fade to orange, then some of the orange will fade to yellow, and it looks like fire. The stripes are pretty hard to see in those pictures.
coreymanshack
well i think you look hot like dat!

O, and here is a pic of me....

i would like to have my eyebrow peirced.. or my tounge.. but my parents wouldn't let me Crying or Very sad

and another pic of me....

ahsanrao
ThornsOfSorrow u look cool nice pics .. i realy like pic # 2 Very Happy post more ?
silentdae
I think you look amazing. This is coming from someone who has some weird obsession with dyed red hair though. You're one of those few girls i'd have to hug on sight.
ThornsOfSorrow
@silentdae: That is a weird obsession, but I've heard stranger. People always learn that hugging me is a bad idea; I tend to freak out when people even put a hand on my shoulder, and hugs make me scared of people. Laughing There's no particular reason for that except it may have something to do with the fact that I need a lot of space to myself. Just thought I'd share something weird about myself to go with your "weird obsession". Wink

@ahsanrao: Thanks. I rarely take pictures of myself, but I do have a few others that I can share.

A very bright picture from a band "photo shoot":

A recent picture of me being a mountain goat (long story Laughing ):

Me with a painting on mustache trying to look like Salvador Dali (but not quite pulling it off):
Vrythramax
I honestly don't know know why you didn't tell me you were posting pics Thorns, I would have commented long ago. Still singing? My group is is back in full swing and we may be hitting your area very soon (in the works). I am back to screaming at the winds and our thunder section is to die for! I will let you know what venue we are going to be at before hand.

Goth or not, you still look like an artist to me. Talk to me sometime.

Max
tidruG
Oh wow, you're smiling in those pictures!
Razz
DiageoLiam
Ohh cool :]
Sokken
I have to say that I defenetly like your look better with a smile.

I always likes smiles Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
@Vrythramax: I thought that as an all-knowing, all-seeing moderater, you would have known about me posting pictures. Wink If you do happen to come around here with your band, chances are that you'll be playing pretty close to where I am, since the only two popular venues in Connecticut are within driving distance. So if you play here, I'd definitely be interested in going.

As for the smile, I'm almost always smiling, just not in pictures. The reason for that is because I hate being photographed.
TomS
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
As for the smile, I'm almost always smiling, just not in pictures. The reason for that is because I hate being photographed.

That's why you post all the pictures here Very Happy

May I ask, where do you live?
ThornsOfSorrow
I live in the U.S., Connecticut to be more precise. I actually mentioned it in the post above yours. Wink
Vrythramax
@TomS

I think it wrong to ask somone where they may live in a world public forum such as Frihost is. have you never heard the term "stalker"?

Please refrain from asking personal information from any member/user, unless they are willing to tell you the information in the first place.

@ThornsOfSorrow

I don't know about the "all knowing, all seeing" part, but I have not been as active in the forums as I was cuz I am now an Account Creator for the web hosting aspect of Frihost, so that takes up much more of my normal posting time.....but you can always PM me Smile

P.S. I will let you know beforehand if we are going to play your area Wink
TomS
Sorry. Won't ever happen again.
Didn't I read my question a hundred times before in this board?...
Don't mind. Sorry again.

@ThornsOfSorrow
Embarassed Just overread this. It was late, yesterday...
You don't must be afraid of a stalking attack. I'm not going to go from Munich in Germany to connecticut just to do things like stalking... Wink
Vrythramax
TomS wrote:
Sorry. Won't ever happen again.
Didn't I read my question a hundred times before in this board?...
Don't mind. Sorry again

No worries, Was only trying to save you any future troubles Smile

Peace.
ThornsOfSorrow
@ Vrythramax: That's a fair enough excuse. Razz And definitely let me know; I'll be looking forward to seeing your band if you play here.

@TomS: Don't worry about it. Wink

Also, I just found a picture of my snowman that I made this past winter, so I have to share:

It took me hours to make him and a lot of replacing of parts that fell off (like the hand...two or three times), but I had fun. Razz
Helios
\m/

Awesome snowman! Cool
hdfailure
are you comming to portugal in the next days...
tidruG
THat's got to be one of the best snowmen I've seen... good going!
ThornsOfSorrow
@Helios: Thanks! Very Happy

@hdfailure: Not that I know of.

@tidruG: Thanks. I just wish it lasted longer (he melted overnight). Sad Glad you like it though.
silentdae
The snowman creeps me out. It looks kinda gory to me. Just need more lighting in the shot i'm sure. Really it's cool and kinda cute though! How tall was it? I love that you actually put a shirt on it too, haha
ThornsOfSorrow
Of course I put a shirt on it! Would you want to be outside in the middle of winter without a shirt? Well, neither would the snowman. Razz

For a size comparison, here's a really horrible picture of me standing next to it. I'm 5'2" (yeah, I know...I'm short), so it's a decent sized snowman.

silentdae
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Of course I put a shirt on it! Would you want to be outside in the middle of winter without a shirt? Well, neither would the snowman. Razz

haha aww how considerate

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

For a size comparison, here's a really horrible picture of me standing next to it.

Why's that picture horrible? I think you look cool there.

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

I'm 5'2" (yeah, I know...I'm short), so it's a decent sized snowman.

Wow that is decent sized. I've made bigger but that was with two people helping and it took days. I'm only like 7 or 8 inches taller and i know girls much shorter (and older), you're not too short. Wait is the snowman's arm as wide as your head?? Shocked
Ghost900
silentdae wrote:

Wait is the snowman's arm as wide as your head?? Shocked

lol Smile I tried making arms but they break if they are not really thick.

Nice Job on the Snowman Cool
ThornsOfSorrow
silentdae wrote:
Why's that picture horrible? I think you look cool there.

It's horrible because that morning all I did was roll out of bed and put on eyeliner (I have many days like that actually). Thank you though.

And yes, the snowman's arm is as wide as my head. Laughing It had to be that big because of what Ghost900 said about them breaking. After the arm broke twice, I just made it huge because I was tired of fixing it.
Sickness
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

lol Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
tidruG
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

Hmm... I notice the pants are missing Razz
Now, that's not very considerate... you could be freezing important organs Razz

Anyway, I still wish you'd post a picture without the collar. Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
He doesn't have any important organs to freeze. As soon as my parents saw me making a snowman they said something like, "If you make that thing anatomically correct, you'll need to find a new home." They know me too well. Sad

And there is a picture of me without the collar. Just scroll up to where I'm standing next to the snowman. Wink

EDIT: And here's another one, taken this morning before school:
sodredge
Very Happy @ ThornsOfSorrow - Your pictures really bring across the table the image of you having mad depth, especially when one sees a detailed expressionless pose.

I was taken back by the last photo, it was way cool.

Then again seeing it was taken before school you should get a medal. I would have belted the person holding the camera and dove for the nearest caffine source.
ThornsOfSorrow
Normally I do attack people who try to take pictures of me, since they usually choose to do so at the most inopportune times (when I'm eating, yawning, talking, etc), but I took that one myself (using a timer), so I had no one to attack. And I had already been awake for a couple of hours since I woke up early to study, so the caffeine wasn't necessary. But on any other day, you would've been correct. Wink Anyway, thank you so much for your kind words.
tidruG
Oh yay! Finally no collar!
You look fantastic without one... have you stopped wearing one permanently or was it only for that one day?
ThornsOfSorrow
I put it on right after I took the picture. Laughing I don't know what my attachment to my collars are, but I just can't seem to go without wearing one of them. It may have something to do with the fact that I've been wearing them for so long, so I'm not used to seeing myself without one, and it looks weird to me. But one day, I will give them up...eventually. Thanks for the compliment though. Very Happy
ThornsOfSorrow
So, I've decided to drag this topic back from the grave in order to share some band pictures, as well as my new hair color (I needed a change after having it red and black for over 3.5 years).

Band pictures (taken in an abandoned hockey rink):

The last one is my favorite, since it shows just how screwed up we all are. And in case anyone is wondering, the graffiti says "YOYO WHODAT". We saw that, and just needed to take a picture of it.

Last, here's me with brown hair (sorry for the brightness):

I hated it at first, but I'm finally starting to get used to it.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
I think you are absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I love the whole gothic style and all, but i totally know what you mean by having to grow up. I mean, when you get older and want to get serious about your career you need to be professional about it. But as for now, you look GREAT and I wouldn't want you to change anything about your style. Even in your most recent photos you still look great!
So if you do decide to get ride of the piercings and the spikes just don't get ride of the coloured hair... because I think the hair realllllly adds to the whole look!
Anyways see you around!

EDIT:
you know what, I JUST saw the new pictures you posted, and I REALLLLY like the brown hair.... so nevermind what I said before about changing your hair colour. Razz
And by the way, I think you are extremely pretty Very Happy.

~love: nIkKi
ThornsOfSorrow
.you.make.my.heart.happy. wrote:
So if you do decide to get ride of the piercings and the spikes just don't get ride of the coloured hair... because I think the hair realllllly adds to the whole look!

Actually, the only part of that list that I still have are the piercings. The band pictures (with the colored hair) are a few weeks old, and the last picture (with brown hair) is what I look like now. I should've been more specific about that...sorry. Anyway, I wanted to get rid of the red and black hair because it was too hard to keep up with. Thanks for the compliments though! Very Happy

Edit: And I think I posted this at the same time as you edited your post. Laughing
silentdae
You're beautiful in the newest picture!
I can see now that you'll look amazing no matter what color your hair is or what piercings you have.
I'm not just saying that either, I can really see it.

Not sure if I said it before, but you have really nice eyes too!
But it looks like you're eyes are boring into my mind in the last picture (if i look at it right)!

Also it kinda looks like you have really long arms in that first picture hahaha.

Lastly, I just noticed how awesome your hair is, it's so smooth.
Is there anything not good about you!?
What's your least favorite thing about yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

Lastest, don't feel like you're dragging this topic back from the grave.
It didn't die, people were just waiting for more pictures! Smile
rheanna
Like the hair.. Nice job... Want do mine in pink ;o) Cool Last time the salon did my hair pink she dyed my whole head pink hahaha I wanted mine to come out like the way you have it.. very cool.
ThornsOfSorrow
@rheanna: Pink streaks would look good on you. I've seen a few people with your hair color and pink stripes, and that combination seems to work really well.

@silentdae: Thanks for the kind words. Embarassed And it really does look like I have long arms! I hadn't noticed that actually. Laughing

To answer your question, my least favorite thing about myself, physically, would have to be my nose. It's a bit larger than I'd like it to be, and it has one of those little bumps on it that all females with that sort of nose hate, but I honestly don't care that much about appearance. I just roll out of bed, straighten my hair, and go to school, so the nose thing doesn't bother me that much. In a broader category (in case you didn't mean just physical dislikes), my shyness is very frustrating to me, so that would be my overall least favorite thing about myself. I'd love to be one of those people who can talk to anyone without feeling awkward, but I never have been and I probably never will be (although I am slowly improving). Thanks again for the compliments though!
silentdae
It's refreshing to know appearance doesn't mean much to you, I don't hear that often enough -_-.
haha i dislike my nose also.
Ahh shyness, yes. I'm very shy myself and I hate and like it.
I feel it's my biggest weakness and greatest strength at the same time.
On one hand, I have trouble meeting new people and trouble with general social things.
On the other hand, it will be easy for me to leave for college since i've only a few friends...and I generally enjoy being alone most of the time.
I'm bad about approaching people or calling people but once i'm talking to them i'm pretty comfortable and talk a nice bit.
Which you've surely noticed now haha. Very Happy

Actually i'm realllly bad about calling people, I don't think i've called anyone for like a year.
Sometimes I don't talk to people for months because of my shyness.
Then some random day I contact them.
Just today I sent a full page message to a girl I haven't talked to for months.

Anyways, I've rambled on now, guess i'm in a talkative mood.
Hope to see more pics! Oh what's your band called?
Any way to get a sample of your music or do you only play live?
And what kind of music is it?

EDIT: Just noticed my posts are always so large yet pointless Smile
rheanna
Cool yeah, looks awesome when the sun hits it. I'll see if I can't find a photo.

Nice snowman btw..looks like the evil easter bunny. hahaha Laughing
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, thanks.

@silentdae: I'm beginning to think that everyone dislikes their nose. Confused That's a good point about shyness possibly being a good thing though. I commute to college each day, but I know that if I didn't, I would have an easier time living at school than most other people. It's good to know that being shy isn't all bad. Also, calling people terrifies me, unless I'm calling my best friend (who's really the only person I call).

And my band is called Apostasy. We have a few songs on our MySpace, if you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/apostasy. I'm not actually playing on those songs (our singer recorded all the guitar), but I'd normally be handling most of the leads, but not the solos. As for the type of music, we're more or less death metal. Our music is noisier than anything I'd usually listen to, but it's fun.
glenn83e
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
@Vrythramax: I thought that as an all-knowing, all-seeing moderater, you would have known about me posting pictures. Wink If you do happen to come around here with your band, chances are that you'll be playing pretty close to where I am, since the only two popular venues in Connecticut are within driving distance. So if you play here, I'd definitely be interested in going.

Yea I haardly ever smile in pics either. But you still look great even if you don't smile Very Happy
Dragonfly
Wow, you really look cool with your band members. Do you have any clips of your band music? Have you posted any of them on Youtube and others? And you think you look best in colored hair.

Keep posting those pictures.
tidruG
Ah, no more collar Very Happy
The brown hair looks great. (much better than black and red, in my opinion).

Anyway, here's a question... what's the difference between a guitar lead and a guitar solo?
ThornsOfSorrow
@glenn83e: Thank you. Smile

@Dragonfly: We have three or four songs on our MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/apostasy). Also, we have a ton of videos on YouTube (just search for Apostasy and scroll down past all the religious stuff), but the quality is quite bad on all of them.
EDIT: Now that I just looked on YouTube myself, our videos have gotten kind of buried. If you want to look for them, go for it, but I'll have to warn you that it's totally not worth it. Laughing

@tidruG: Thanks! I knew you'd like that I don't wear the collar anymore. Wink To answer your question, a guitar lead usually happens more than once in the song, or it just repeats within a short section. A guitar solo is one time only, and it's usually a bit crazier than a typical lead. To give an example, if you're willing to go to our MySpace and play "Honor Through Carnage", there's a solo that starts around 2:47 (it's actually a series of 2 solos with a short little rhythm part in between, but it should get the point across). Then, if you play "Building Bridges to Burn", there's a lead starting at 3:04 (which I actually play a bit better than it's recorded Laughing). Of course, there are exceptions to my definitions, but that's the best way I could think of to describe the difference.
glenn83e
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
We have a ton of videos on YouTube (just search for Apostasy and scroll down past all the religious stuff), but the quality is quite bad on all of them.
EDIT: Now that I just looked on YouTube myself, our videos have gotten kind of buried. If you want to look for them, go for it, but I'll have to warn you that it's totally not worth it. Laughing

Points and says Liar... LIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR they are so worth seaching for. I mean all i can say is wow. I actualy took the time and searched for your vids and they are soo totaly worth it. Great Job I soo hope to see more. I to have vids comming out soon, well as soon as I get a vid cam Very Happy
coreymanshack
Hey thornsofsorrow I love your pics, I love this post, keep posting more! Razz

And (insert curse here), your band freakin rocks....

Just an idea, mabye you should do a girl duet with the lead singer, like "in flames" did with "dead end"
Helios
Hi, I liked the band. You sound good! Very Happy
I actually heard you before, don't remember where.
Anyway, wish you all success Cool
ender44
Is "gothic" cool ? Or is it just a way to say I don't like my plain looks/personality? I need some impressive gear to let the guys notice I'm here.
A strong personality is the best gear! (And you seem to have it).
ThornsOfSorrow
@ender44: I'm not so sure that it's either one. I'd say people decide to look gothic just because they feel that they fit best within that group. So it's basically the same reason as when a person decides to be a skater, punk, preppy, or any other stereotype. That's the best reasoning I can come up with, as I definitely didn't do it to be "cool", and as far as not wanting to look plain, I don't think of goths as any more unique than anyone else; they don't look like other stereotypes, but most goths look very similar to each other! There's nothing wrong with that (unless of course one of these people is going around claiming to be a non-conformist, as some often do); that's just how it is, especially looking from the outside. On a side-note, thank you so much for the personality compliment!

@Helios: Wow, I really didn't expect so many people to like my band. It's too bad there aren't more people living in Connecticut who are willing to come to our shows. Confused And it's very cool that you've heard us before; at least we must be doing something right! Thank you, as well. Very Happy

@coreymanshack: Thanks, I'll try to get another to post another one soon (I've been sick, so I haven't felt like taking/being in any pictures). As for the duet, I was actually forced to sing a part for one of our songs a long time ago, but my voice eventually got taken off the recording, leaving just the singer's voice. I didn't mind though, as I was embarrassed about not thinking it was any good. I'm much too singing shy to ever do anything like that again (although I do love female vocals in heavy music).

@glenn83e: I'm glad you liked them, but I'm still going to stand by my opinion that they're quite bad. Razz It's possible that we might have more someday, but we've only recorded one of our shows in the past two years (I think), so it's unlikely that we'll have more any time soon.
tidruG
I've been to your Myspace page. Some thoughts:

It's actually a very neat page... which, for Myspace, is an amazing compliment. I have never before seen a Myspace page which was actually appealing to the eye. So, that's a huge compliment right there.

I'll be honest... I dislike Death Metal. I boycott Rock shows in my city because all they seem to play is Death Metal.

BUT your band sounds good. It's not like most of the other Death Metal I've heard. You're talented, you've got a good sense of rhythm as well. And damn! You're all seriously just 17? That's freaky!

I loved the double bass on "Honor Through Carnage" and I think your lead singer is really good too. Lyrics are nice as well. Awesome band. You shouldn't really have a problem getting a label if you continue to make music like this. I'm going to bookmark your band's site. Shortly, I intend to get a better internet connection, and then I'm going to download your songs.

And I still haven't got the difference between a solo and a lead...
Is it:
lead - Where one guitar come to prime focus, generally playing fast, while the rythm continues in the background
solo - Only one guitar playing, no rhythm in the background?

PS: When you get signed onto a label, remember I believed in you from the first time I heard your music, and therefore am entitled to free, signed copies of all your albums, with shipping paid by your label, ok? Wink
mjohnson
wow,how many rings on your body? or in you body!
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, I just have the ones on my face. There are three of them.

@tidruG: Hmm...most of the time both leads and solos have rhythm in the background. Your definition of a lead sounds more like a description of a solo to me though. Honestly, I don't know how to further describe the difference; it's something that you kind of just "feel", I guess. Does it help if I add that leads can have vocals over them, but solos never do?

As for our MySpace, I can't take credit for anything visual, as our singer is in complete control of our page, but I'll agree with you that he does a great job. Also, thanks for the compliments on the music; it's nice to know that someone who dislikes death metal can still appreciate us. And I will remember to send you free, signed albums if we ever get signed. Very Happy

Most of us aren't 17 anymore. I've been meaning to have our singer add a date to that quote, since it's quite old. Our drummer is still 17, but the rest of us are 19, and I'll even be 20 in two months.
tidruG
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Does it help if I add that leads can have vocals over them, but solos never do?
Ah, now see... yeah, that does help.

Quote:
And I will remember to send you free, signed albums if we ever get signed. Very Happy
As long as you're actively recording demos and promoting yourself, you definitely should get signed.

Quote:
Most of us aren't 17 anymore. I've been meaning to have our singer add a date to that quote, since it's quite old. Our drummer is still 17, but the rest of us are 19, and I'll even be 20 in two months.

Haha!
Oh well, 20 ain't all that old yet.
By the way... 20 in 2 months? Is your birthday in May?
JME4213
i like you style. I might have a go at making a skirt from trousers one day.... Cool
Sickness
Quite good band... and you can play good death metal without continuous double kick drums, I like this Twisted Evil

one day you'll be famous, sure Cool
ThornsOfSorrow
tidruG wrote:

Good, I'm glad I could help to clear that up.
tidruG wrote:
Haha!

Well, of course 20 isn't old, but it still makes me the eldest in the band. Very Happy And my birthday is in early June (the 4th, to be exact).

JME4213: Thanks. I find that it's always better to "recycle" old clothes into new ones, rather than just throwing them away. Then again, I'm cheap and I hate shopping, so that may have something to do with it. Laughing

@Sickness: Thanks for the kind words. I think our music tends to have a lot of differences from straight-up death metal just because none of us listen exclusively to death metal (and I rarely listen to it at all these days). So we have a lot of other influences as well. Some people like that, but others don't, so thank you for not demanding constant double bass. Wink

And since I haven't posted any pictures lately, here's one of me being stupid:
Sickness
well, lately I'm having jazz and blues influences, and my musical point of view has changed. Now I find the continuous double bass repetitive and boring Embarassed Mr. Green Mr. Green
coreymanshack
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Good, I'm glad I could help to clear that up.
tidruG wrote:
Haha!

Well, of course 20 isn't old, but it still makes me the eldest in the band. Very Happy And my birthday is in early June (the 4th, to be exact).

JME4213: Thanks. I find that it's always better to "recycle" old clothes into new ones, rather than just throwing them away. Then again, I'm cheap and I hate shopping, so that may have something to do with it. Laughing

@Sickness: Thanks for the kind words. I think our music tends to have a lot of differences from straight-up death metal just because none of us listen exclusively to death metal (and I rarely listen to it at all these days). So we have a lot of other influences as well. Some people like that, but others don't, so thank you for not demanding constant double bass. Wink

And since I haven't posted any pictures lately, here's one of me being stupid:

woah kool, my birthday is also early june, june 1 to be exact.
ThornsOfSorrow
@Sickness: I can't say that I actively listen to jazz or blues, but influences from either genre are definitely good to have (especially jazz, in my opinion). I think that music only gets better with variation.
psydevil
i love big moustaches...by the way you went from goth look into what kind of look?? i know a lot of goth people, they are very creative people!!!
Dragonfly
You look good.... but more pictures will reveal more of you. Keep posting them... keep them coming in this thread...
ThornsOfSorrow
@psydevil: I guess I'd still be considered goth due to the piercings and black clothes. I don't mind though, as long as I don't look like I've just raided a Hot Topic store. I've never been a big fan of labels though, so I try not to stick myself into any particular group. And I agree that most goth people are very creative. Wink

@Dragonfly: Thanks for the compliment. Also, by requesting more pictures, you've inspired me to finally update my website with a new picture. It looks a lot like the old one, but here it is:

It's a little blurry, but my camera didn't want to cooperate no matter how many pictures I took, so I eventually gave up.

Unfortunately, since I took that picture, I'm now covered in white fur due to this big monster always laying on my bed:
Sickness
Nice Crate, I wish I had something like that... Evil or Very Mad Mr. Green
psydevil
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
@psydevil: I guess I'd still be considered goth due to the piercings and black clothes. I don't mind though, as long as I don't look like I've just raided a Hot Topic store. I've never been a big fan of labels though, so I try not to stick myself into any particular group. And I agree that most goth people are very creative. Wink

@Dragonfly: Thanks for the compliment. Also, by requesting more pictures, you've inspired me to finally update my website with a new picture. It looks a lot like the old one, but here it is:

It's a little blurry, but my camera didn't want to cooperate no matter how many pictures I took, so I eventually gave up.

Unfortunately, since I took that picture, I'm now covered in white fur due to this big monster always laying on my bed:

"I've never been a big fan of labels though, so I try not to stick myself into any particular group."
Thats a very interisting way to look a things..you look a like a person who knows want you really want and got a good sense of how to see things, and i give you my congrats on that because today thats very, very rare.
frozenhead
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

Band pictures (taken in an abandoned hockey rink):

Do you have a music video of your band? Link it here.. Lol.. Looks like a CD cover of ones of that who have a music album. Wink

Nice sets of pictures though! You rock! Wink
ThornsOfSorrow
@Sickness: I love that amp. It's my favorite piece of equipment besides my guitar.
@psydevil: Well, I can't say that I know what I want in all aspects of life (I'm currently very conflicted about whether I should switch majors in college), but I suppose that's true of me in other areas, so thanks!
@frozenhead: Haha, thanks! We don't have a nice, professionally made music video, but we do have some live stuff. Since you're not the first to ask, here are some of our live videos that I dug up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekalSivyhZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ8v8jmgZuo
Just a note: For anyone wondering about the lack of shirts in the above two videos, that's because we played that show outside on the hottest day of that summer (It was even unbearable at 1 a.m.).

More videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZozIVfNSHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGJktyRIZAM (That big camoflauge thing in the background is our banner that we made Smile )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtuExwrL3f4
You can see me headbanging briefly in this one Laughing :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BQHZ56p5Y

There are more, but the audio in the links not posted is even worse than in the videos that I did post. Like I said, they aren't professional. Also, all these videos are quite old (over two years, at least), so we have better songs now.
wernichtfragt
is dali your favourite?
i see there is his picture the "narcissus" in the background of one picture...
you like surrealism?
ThornsOfSorrow
Dalí is definitely my favorite artist, followed by Munch, Magritte, and Picasso. So yes, I do like surrealism, and I've even adopted that style for my own paintings. Are you also a fan of Dalí, or did you recognize "Metamorphosis of Narcisus" for some other reason?
Dragonfly
You are such talented and an awesome girl. I feel Apostasy deserves more exposures to the other parts of the world. A world tour may help you do that. There are people who loves heavy metal, rocking rockers are still a hit in many places. So, why waste your talents and opportunities out there only? Laughing
ThornsOfSorrow
Unfortunately, a world tour would be nearly impossible for us. We actually considered doing a small tour of the east coast (of the U.S.), but then I, being the realistic member of the band, pointed out how expensive it would be. We'd spend a fortune on food and gas, and we'd have nowhere to sleep at night. Of course, we could sleep in our cars, but that would be a miserable experience. Plus, I don't think enough people would watch us play to even make it worth it. Sadly, we're lucky if we even sell 10 tickets to our local shows. Any type of tour would be great if we were wealthy, but as it is now, it's not going to happen. Sad
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Unfortunately, a world tour would be nearly impossible for us. We actually considered doing a small tour of the east coast (of the U.S.), but then I, being the realistic member of the band, pointed out how expensive it would be. We'd spend a fortune on food and gas, and we'd have nowhere to sleep at night. Of course, we could sleep in our cars, but that would be a miserable experience. Plus, I don't think enough people would watch us play to even make it worth it. Sadly, we're lucky if we even sell 10 tickets to our local shows. Any type of tour would be great if we were wealthy, but as it is now, it's not going to happen. Sad

Trust me...touring is no fun at all....and you know I know that Thorns Wink

I hope all is well with you....you never write me anymore Sad
wernichtfragt
ha i have a book about dali
like the style

hey post a pic of your guitar/ you playing the guitar :D
ThornsOfSorrow
@wernichfragt: For some reason I don't have a picture of myself playing guitar on this computer (or on any other computer in my house), but I'll either get my hands on one or take a corny one of myself playing guitar in my room. I'd take one for you now, but I'm currently wearing polar bear pajama pants, which is not metal at all. Laughing

@Vrythramax: Sorry we've lost contact a bit, but you never write me either. Wink You know you can send me an email whenever. If I forget to reply (which I sometimes do to everyone), then you can blame me for not keeping up with communication.
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
but I'm currently wearing polar bear pajama pants, which is not metal at all. Laughing

Maybe not metal, but certainly a mental picture just about every male here is enjoying! Laughing
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, well I didn't think there was anything suggestive about pajama pants with little polar bears printed on them, but I could be wrong. Smile

@wernichtfragt: I found a very old picture of myself playing guitar on-stage, but it's kind of blurry:

I find it amusing that the shadows make my left arm look huge!

Since that picture isn't great, I also took one of myself practicing some basic chords in my room. Very Happy Whoever can guess what chord I'm playing gets brownie points (or not, because I don't even remember what I was playing).

And here's a picture of just the guitar that I found online:

Mine looks just like the picture, except for some extra writing that I have on the headstock.
Vrythramax
I bought my brother (not actual brother, but I'm sure you can follow) a Black Warlock Bass.....myself....I'll stick with my trusty stratocaster Smile

And what wrong with polar bears? BTW...it's not the polar bears...it's the person. *snicker*
wernichtfragt
i like your strong arms (for a girl)

when i was still rocking on my stratocaster, people were asking
me what sport i was doing because of my arms....
lol
guess playing guitar can actually be sport if you do it really hard........

(http://daniellesart.frih.net/untitled1.html ::>: AWEsome! )
coreymanshack
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Haha, well I didn't think there was anything suggestive about pajama pants with little polar bears printed on them, but I could be wrong. Smile

@wernichtfragt: I found a very old picture of myself playing guitar on-stage, but it's kind of blurry:

I find it amusing that the shadows make my left arm look huge!

Since that picture isn't great, I also took one of myself practicing some basic chords in my room. Very Happy Whoever can guess what chord I'm playing gets brownie points (or not, because I don't even remember what I was playing).

And here's a picture of just the guitar that I found online:

Mine looks just like the picture, except for some extra writing that I have on the headstock.

wow.. really nice.. i like the pic of u playing too!
ThornsOfSorrow
@Vrythramax: Laughing Alright, I'll let you win this one. As for the bass, that's really nice of you to buy an instrument for someone; most people would never do that, even for a good friend. I've never played a Warlock bass, but my Warlock guitar was surprisingly good before I got my ESP. Also, if that wasn't just a random comment, and you somehow noticed that I'm playing a Warlock in that first, blurry picture, then I have to commend you for your good eyesight. I'm assuming it was random though.

@wernichfragt: I have to admit that, although I'm surprisingly strong for a girl, my arms are actually quite scrawny. Something weird was going on with the lighting in that photograph. Cool And playing guitar can be a decent workout, especially for those who tend to run/walk around while playing. And I'm glad you like the painting. Wink

@coreymanshack: Thanks!
Vrythramax
I have been in the business for alittle while Wink

Yeah, I noticed....did you really think mine was just a random comment?

(You call those pipe cleaners arms? Laughing )

Don't hate me just cuz I have good glasses.
bangala
Great pictures!
wernichtfragt
when did you start playing in public?
ThornsOfSorrow
@Vrythramax: Normally I wouldn't think it was random, but the guitar is so hard to see in that picture that I was having some doubts. And those "pipe cleaners" were lifting buckets of cement a few days ago, so little as they are, they serve their purpose just fine. Laughing Wink

@wernichtfragt: It depends on what you consider as playing in public. After doing some research, I've learned that my first show with my band (or any band, for that matter) was in August of 2003, but that was in my driveway, so that doesn't really count. Our first "real" show was in November of 2003 in some beat-up little building, so we've been around for quite a long time. Unfortunately though, my stage-fright has been around for just as long...
froginabox
Nice guitar (!) I like the sharp lines, and that skirt from the first page is pretty sweet.

Band is amazingly good.... check your PMs.
ThornsOfSorrow
So I went shopping a couple days ago and decided to actually buy some "normal" clothes. Typically, after shopping I'll go home with a ton of stuff, try it all on the next day, figure out that I hate most of it, and then make some returns. Since this is a new look for me, I thought it would be fun to take pictures of some of the stuff I bought as I was trying everything on.

Disclaimer: I started taking these about 15 minutes after waking up, hence the dopey look of my eyes in most of them.

So first I decided to try on a plain black shirt...nothing too different, except for the V-neck. Also, I was still wearing my pajama pants, because they rule.

I liked the shirt, so I took off the tags and hung it in my closet.

Next was my favorite combination, which is why I bought another shirt just like the one below. Unfortunately, every single picture of this outfit was blurry (as were many pictures of the others), except for one where most of my head was cut off. So I cropped out the rest of my head (basically my mouth and chin) because I didn't feel like struggling with my camera anymore...at least not with that particular outfit.

Both green shirts went in the closet.

Then I tried on a new color: grey. After several blurry pictures of the shirt (and me, of course), I finally got one that looked decent.

I wasn't so sure if I liked the shirt, so it went in the closet with the tags still on. However, I love those pants, and that white blob on the bottom of them should not be there. It was some sort of powdery stuff that I rubbed off after noticing it. Confused

Next was another grey shirt of a slightly different style, along with some pre-ripped/faded jeans.

Again, I didn't love how it looked, so I left the tags on and threw it in the closet. The jeans were acceptable, so I continued wearing them throughout the day.

Last, I wore the outfit that will be most shocking to my friends:

Red shirt! I gave that one the thumbs up. Very Happy

I bought a lot more, but I didn't take pictures of everything, as there was really no point. Plus, my camera hates me and loves to make pictures blurry.

I know most of you could care less about my opinion on a bunch of clothes I bought, but I'm bored, so I thought I'd try to make this as fun as possible. Razz
glenn83e
I tells ya there are times where I wish I were single Smile. you have got to be one of the most beautiful women I have ever met
Vrythramax
glenn83e wrote:
I tells ya there are times where I wish I were single Smile. you have got to be one of the most beautiful women I have ever met

Have you ever met the woman? I'm willing to bet that I know her better than you....and I have never met her in person.

Watch yourself Thorns....seems you have stalkers.
TomS
You know her that good, that you can speak for her, Vrythramax?

As you may know, the first impression is always the look.
In glenn83e's eyes ThornsOfSorrow looks beautiful. I think it's a compliment if he says so.

I'm experiencing, we live in a world, where we can't say what we think anymore. Not even if we say someone's beautiful (I'm hating the world for this, but this an completely different story and has nothing lost in this thread about pictures).

You are a "stalker" if you do so.
Now I tell you one thing. Asking where one lives (like I did) and paying a compliment has absolutely nothing to do about stalking.

If you gave me your phone number and your address, and I lived in an area close to you, I would show you, what stalking is. Evil or Very Mad

Greetz from the person, who was called a stalker twice and never had any bad intentions...
glenn83e
Vrythramax wrote:
glenn83e wrote:

Have you ever met the woman? I'm willing to bet that I know her better than you....and I have never met her in person.

I'm not one to make a mod angry... but stalking? far from. It was just a complement but obviously taken the wrong way by some.
coreymanshack
glenn83e wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
glenn83e wrote:

I'm not one to make a mod angry... but stalking? far from. It was just a complement but obviously taken the wrong way by some.

Sounds as if...
Vrythramax
I never claimed to know the woman personally, I even stated that I had never met her.

We do however keep contact when we have time, she has helped me through some troubled times and I consider her a good friend.

...and nobody made me mad. Smile
glenn83e
Vrythramax wrote:
I never claimed to know the woman personally, I even stated that I had never met her.

We do however keep contact when we have time, she has helped me through some troubled times and I consider her a good friend.

...and nobody made me mad. Smile

totaly understandable... sry for the misunderstanding in communication. She does seem like a good friend from the times that we have chatted
glenn83e
come to think of it... you look like an older version of my younger sister
she is the one in the middle
Dragonfly
I like the most The picture with Guitar, it is definitely the best one to me.

Keep posting more pictures of yours..
ThornsOfSorrow
@glenn83e: People are always comparing me to their siblings, friends, significant others, random people on the street, etc. Most of the time, I end up thinking that they must be doing some heavy drugs to think I look anything like these people, but I actually do see some similarities between myself and your sister. She looks like a pretty girl, so I'll take it as a compliment. Very Happy

@Dragonfly: I don't have many new pictures, but I did go to the zoo yesterday, so I can post one from there:

That's me hugging an African Wild Dog that is most definitely real and not just a wooden cut-out. Wink

And then I have a poor quality webcam picture that I took to show off my new, much-needed haircut:
justy
u don't look so happy... Shocked

duno why.. tell me if i could do something for u..
Smile
tidruG
Well, I haven't been in this thread for a hell of a long time now...
Hmm... if you haven't returned that green top, you probably shouldn't... that's a good colour.

As for red tops... hehe, red used to be my favourite colour in T-shirts... and then my friends started threatening me that unless I get other colours, they'll stop hangin gout with me (ok, I exagerrate a bit). Ah heck... have you ever tried white? White shirts and t-shirts are my new favourite colours. Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
@justy: I'm actually a very happy person; I just tend not to smile in pictures.

@tidruG: The green shirt hasn't been returned, as I'm wearing it now. Cool And I can understand red being your favorite T-shirt color; I've been buying red shirts like crazy (although not as much as I buy blue shirts). I haven't tried white yet, although I'm not sure why... I do own a very light gray shirt though (the one in my avatar):

That has to count for something. Laughing
tidruG
ok, it counts for "a very light gray shirt"... congrats! :P

And yes, I was about to mention your lack of smiles in your photos as well... but I understand that, because I rarely ever smile when someone's taking a picture of me... I'm generally thinking of how much I'll like to punch them in the face for forcing me to appear in the picture.
Vrythramax
Good Lord she speaks! I thought life had taken hold you and torn you from us!

Nice to hear anything from you Thorns Smile

(I have been away a little myself recently)
desertwind
Thats a nice hair you've.

The outfit in the initial photographs are cool. Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
Thanks.

@tidruG: I hate that as well. I took most of these pictures myself because whenever someone else does it, I'm caught completely off-guard. My best friend LOVES to takes pictures of me when I'm not looking, and thus making some strange face (or eating, talking, etc), and he never deletes the bad ones.

@Vrythramax: I've still been posting here, just not as much thanks to the forums running ridiculously slow a lot of times when I log on...or not loading at all. Confused It's good to hear from you though!
glenn83e
I must say Thorns I love your avatar pic and congrats on becomming a mod... must have been just recently was it?
ThornsOfSorrow
Yeah, it was less than a month ago. And thank you. Cool
mrimp
My brother used to kinda be like a goth. He wore one of those dog-collars too, I found it pretty amusing-but no offense to you.
Ghost900
I am not into people taking pictures of me at times that I look odd either.

I was looking through the pages of pics you have posted and I have to say you look real nice but I personally think you look better now with your brown hair. Very Happy

I also watched some You-tube clips you linked too and thought they were kinda cool accept that the music clarity was kinda low. Smile

Congrats on becoming a Moderator, and I hope you have fun with that.

Hope you don't join the mean-team soon. Laughing
ThornsOfSorrow
mrimp wrote:
My brother used to kinda be like a goth. He wore one of those dog-collars too, I found it pretty amusing-but no offense to you.

None taken. Looking back, it was amusing, so I can't blame you for thinking that.

Ghost900 wrote:
I was looking through the pages of pics you have posted and I have to say you look real nice but I personally think you look better now with your brown hair. Very Happy

Thanks. I like the brown hair better too, so it's staying natural from now on. No more weird colors...

Ghost900 wrote:
I also watched some You-tube clips you linked too and thought they were kinda cool accept that the music clarity was kinda low. Smile

Congrats on becoming a Moderator, and I hope you have fun with that.

Hope you don't join the mean-team soon. Laughing

Yeah, the YouTube videos are pretty useless for actually hearing what our songs sound like. It's hard to get decent sound from a videocamera (at least when it comes to a metal show).

And I couldn't be mean if my life depended on it, so I don't have what it takes to join the mean-team. Wink