FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My ebay website - suggestions/critisism welcome

HDirtwater
I have two websites currently hosted by this awesome hosting that is FriHost. The first is in my sig., and has been active for a while, but it is my new site about selling on ebay that I am most wanting comments/suggestions on.

THE DIRTWATER GUIDE TO SELLING ON EBAY FOR BEGINNERS

It is a simple layout that is (hopefully) easy to navigate. I am hoping to form a great community of ebay sellers, both new and established, that can help newcommers learn the basics (and some advanced techniques) of selling on ebay.

Any constructive criticism/suggestions are welcome, and if you are interested, please don't hesitate to join the forums (which are now working, thanks to the staff here at FriHost who helped me install them) and participate in the discussion.
jayzee
as u mentioned the site navigation is very nice plus i really liked the font you used in your page.
SlowWalkere
It's a nice little site. I like the font you used for the buttons, it's different.

As you finish the site, you might want to add a section on ebay scams. It'd be a good way to include a section with constantly changing content (since ppl keep coming up with more scams, unfortunately), which would help bring users back. I read through the site, and although I found it informative at this point I wouldn't bookmark it to go back to in the future.

Also, a random note on one thing you said in the site. I used to think money orders were a safe way to accept payment as well, because I figured they were guaranteed to clear (after all, that's why people buy them up front). But, recently there's been a rash of forged money orders. I think some of them came from USPS, but I know a lot came from Wal-Mart. So, keep an eye out, and perhaps mention that in the site to keep anyone from getting tricked.

Good job,
- Walkere
Sava
very very nice, love the layout and font. Very good job. To bad I'm not interested in that kind of stuff
comonsaree
splendid job on the website, has nice layout plus is informative.
warallthetm
Nice site Smile Nice navigation Smile Nice content Smile
bjwok
the site looks good, but i am wondering about using the ebay logo without permission? isn't this a total breach of copyright?

funny how the frihost won't let you host a mp3 of a commercial song, but hosting obviously copyrighted material (ie this ebay logo) is acceptable? interesting...
HDirtwater
Not only is it a violation of copyright, but it is also against the ebay TOS and advertising policies. If you look hard enough (and you appear as though you want to) you could probably find a dozen or so other things "illegal" with my site (which is designed to help people use ebay - thus giving them more money that they don't need).

Thanks for your stupid comments.
OutwardBound
I like the website very much, and I think it would be a success one. As Ebay had become a website with hundreds thousands of traffic per day, it is a wise move to built a website about it. Hope you success! Razz Razz
chrismen
Wow nice site. And you even put that it is hosted by frihost. Very nice!