FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Beerfest!!!!!!

bluefossil
I watched this on opening night. not Many people were there, but this is another funny movie from the Broken Lizard Crew. It brings back memories of comedies with gratuitous boob shots, A genre sadly missing in todays cinema. I was laughing obnoxiously loud in this movie.

anybody else like it? what did you think?

I thought Supertroopers was funny also but never saw club Dread.
benjad
was it beerfest, or beer league? Because for some strange reason, there are two very similar movies that are being released right around the same time. In fact, what is the difference between the two?
HoboPelican
Beer League, with Artie Lange, is not due for US release until the 15 of Sept.

And I gotta say, I love a dumb movie, but the Broken Lizard guys do nada for me. I know they have a following, but OMG, everything is just so second rate.
Abysmo
Man I hadn't heard about this, but if it's from those guys it'll be interesting. Supertroopers really was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Club Dread was good in parts but wouldn't be half as good as Supertroopers.

Too bad movies tend to come out in Australia a good couple of months after other places in the world Crying or Very sad
GProject
Abysmo wrote:
Man I hadn't heard about this, but if it's from those guys it'll be interesting. Supertroopers really was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Club Dread was good in parts but wouldn't be half as good as Supertroopers.

I've been told that Supertroopers is pretty good, but Club Dredd was just painful from start to finish. A note to those who are planning to see Beerfest when it gets released in the UK, it has been slightly cut to get a '15' certificate.