FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

God of war

Francisckrs
Does anyone like that game? i think it's amazing one of the best games ive ever played in my whole life
Kelcey
I think I'm about the only one who couldn't stand it. I dunno, I don't find anything particularly wrong with it... it just didn't appeal to me. It did do things well, but it's just kinda like a WTF to me. I don't know why I don't like it and I can tell you great things about it... but I just don't like it Razz
japasco
If anyone don't like blood maybe will hate it, but I really enjoy this game, awesome graphics and good story.

Regards,
rightclickscott
God of War butchered greek mythology, and the story was too predictable. But the fluid gameplay kept me coming back, and it was a fun game. With all the different sequels they're gonna have, there's going to be more God of War fun for years to come.

P.S. I'm pretty sure there's already a God of War thread, so this one should be locked.
Pablo Diablo
I sold my PS2 just before this game came out! I feel like shooting myself now!!!!
benwhite
GoW is amazing. The plot is good enough, but it's the incredibly fun gameplay that does it for me. The power, the moves, the bloog, the gore, the bosses---sweet.
exarkun
benwhite wrote:
GoW is amazing. The plot is good enough, but it's the incredibly fun gameplay that does it for me. The power, the moves, the bloog, the gore, the bosses---sweet.

Agreed. Although I have never tried it before, and only seen my friends played.
Octaeder
When I first played it I wasn't overly impressed and stopped playing it around about the time when you first arrive at Pandora's Temple. I got back into the game and really enjoyed it up to the end.

I'm now wondering whether I should bother with God Mode because I think I would end up breaking my TV through frustration if I tried to play it.

I nearly broke a controller during the last Challenge of the Gods mission so that gives you some reference point.
rightclickscott
Octaeder wrote:
When I first played it I wasn't overly impressed and stopped playing it around about the time when you first arrive at Pandora's Temple. I got back into the game and really enjoyed it up to the end.

I'm now wondering whether I should bother with God Mode because I think I would end up breaking my TV through frustration if I tried to play it.

I nearly broke a controller during the last Challenge of the Gods mission so that gives you some reference point.

God mode can be challenging, but once you understand your opponents moves and know how to never get hit, then it'll be easier. The only part which was controller breaking for me was the second part of the final boss fight, but I didn't break my controller, no no no, I broke my f*cking thumb. I yelled and screamed at that part and couldn't play for weeks, but when I finally got back on track, I learned an amazing technique that can wipe out nearly every single one of the Kratoses, but you need quite a bit of magic to pull it off. Keep fighting Ares without magic when he's on his last leg until you get your meter back up, and once you have enough, finish him off, and take out the first Kratoses normally. Once the first wave of 5 or 6 comes, then use Posiden's Rage over and over until your out of magic, then use your Rage of the Gods with level 5 blades to use it accouple more times, and then use it once it's done with the magic you got from them until your out of magic. Done right, this'll wipe out about 70 percent of them and give you a 1000 hit Impossible combo. The rest you'll have to take out by yourself, though which will be pretty tricky, but once you get into a nice combo groove, then you'll get through it with only alittle toil and trouble. Once they start coming one at a time, just stand where they spawn and grapple them one by one. The Sword fight, though, will be all up to you.
rightclickscott
Octaeder wrote:

God mode can be challenging, but once you understand your opponents moves and know how to never get hit, then it'll be easier. The only part which was controller breaking for me was the second part of the final boss fight, but I didn't break my controller, no no no, I broke my f*cking thumb. I yelled and screamed at that part and couldn't play for weeks, but when I finally got back on track, I learned an amazing technique that can wipe out nearly every single one of the Kratoses, but you need quite a bit of magic to pull it off. Keep fighting Ares without magic when he's on his last leg until you get your meter back up, and once you have enough, finish him off, and take out the first Kratoses normally. Once the first wave of 5 or 6 comes, then use Posiden's Rage over and over until your out of magic, then use your Rage of the Gods with level 5 blades to use it accouple more times, and then use it once it's done with the magic you got from them until your out of magic. Done right, this'll wipe out about 70 percent of them and give you a 1000 hit Impossible combo. The rest you'll have to take out by yourself, though which will be pretty tricky, but once you get into a nice combo groove, then you'll get through it with only alittle toil and trouble. Once they start coming one at a time, just stand where they spawn and grapple them one by one. The Sword fight, though, will be all up to you.