FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opinion on my Ads Location

NjRocket
Hey guys, im wondering where i should put my ads on my site. I have a long image on the left side right now, but it doesnt really fit the layout. I would prefer image ads, let me know where you guys think i should put them, or even text ads, i dont really care. Heres my site, let me know ok , www.sportschatter.frih.net
coreymanshack
I like how it is right now... and i would suggest getting your site indexed by search engines before you start worrying about ads, and put some more content
NjRocket
coreymanshack wrote:
I like how it is right now... and i would suggest getting your site indexed by search engines before you start worrying about ads, and put some more content

yea i know, but i want to have the index page set, before i start submitting it anywhere atleast. But you see how the ads hang over a little bit? Im trying to move it up a little or extend the bottom so that it can stay in the white. But its not working, any suggestions?
coreymanshack
I see what you are talking about... try setting the height attribute
NjRocket
coreymanshack wrote:
I see what you are talking about... try setting the height attribute

Is there a way to make a table, the exact size of the ads , i think like 120 by 600, and than placing the code in the table or something like that? If so, can you explain how to do this. You cant alter anything on in the script of google ads.
coreymanshack
yea but when you do that... it will probably cut a piece of the image off....

<table>
<tr>
<td>
Put ads here
</td>
</tr>
</table>
NjRocket
hmm it still is overhanging into the different color layout, this sucks lol, in preview on frontpage, it looks fine, but when i upload the html and check it out the web, its messed up like i said above. Any idea what to do? I tried like hitting enter and crap lol to get the white to move down but nothing is working .
coreymanshack
to get white to move down = <br/>...and you have to set the height attribute for the table after you put the image in.... height="100px"
Donutey
NjRocket wrote:
Hey guys, im wondering where i should put my ads on my site. I have a long image on the left side right now, but it doesnt really fit the layout. I would prefer image ads, let me know where you guys think i should put them, or even text ads, i dont really care. Heres my site, let me know ok , www.sportschatter.frih.net

You have two Frihost accounts?
NjRocket
Donutey wrote:
NjRocket wrote:

You have two Frihost accounts?

nah, got my subdomain name changed to sportschatter, topsportlinks doesnt work anymore.
NjRocket
well none of the suggestions are working for me, can someone look at my script and check it out the problem please? I might reward the person with some fri$, not sure how much. So start helping please Smile
coreymanshack
do you trust me enough to give me some login details to your ftp? kinda let me play around with it a bit?
NjRocket
coreymanshack wrote:
do you trust me enough to give me some login details to your ftp? kinda let me play around with it a bit?

uh why you need my ftp login, just check source on my page when you load it up in your browser....
coreymanshack
o ok ima go to bed now though.. ill be back on tommorow
NjRocket
ok guys, im not getting any suggestions on this, so im not sure if you dont understand what im saying or what. But heres a visual of what i want, very basic, it should take 2 seconds, but im missing something here

I want the white background to end after the "advertise on this site" text.