FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is your favourite comic book series?

GameFreak
I really love comic books. They're a really good pastime. You can just read them and read them and never get bored. Their colourful pictures add to the fun and also help in understanding what is happening better. Sometimes, in story books, you have to rack your brains in order to find out what is actually happening out there.

There are many popular comic books like Archies, Popeye, Tintin and Justice League. Which of all the comic books is your favourite?

My favourite is Archies Weird Mysteries. It's the best as it involves many weird mysteries and funny characters like:

Archie - He is a reporter of a High School Paper and writes in the Weird Mysteries Column

Jughead - He is very thin yet a glutton

Veronica - She is very rich but very dull-minded

Betty - She is a smart but poor girl

Reggie - He is a jealous, power-hungry pervert who thinks no end of himself

Dilton - He is a teenage scientist

WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
Scaramanga
Man, my tastes in comics have changed pretty drastically over the past 2 decades or so. So this is by no means a complete list, but just things that I own, and continue to enjoy (re)reading:

The Invisibles
Books of Magic
Y: The Last Man
Hellblazer
Jinx
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Hellblazer
and pretty much anything by Neil Gaiman

For Graphic novels I liked Wolverine: Origin and Road to Perdition
FunDa
Calvin & Hobbes .......

Also the X men series, Phantom. Superman I like to see the cartoons while phantom I like the comics
Rejoice44
FOXTROT!
Dev-il
Favorite Graphic Novel?
I got two.
1) Fell

2) Watchmen
mrlego9
fo mangas i got:
A.I. love you
Sgt. Frog
FMA
Fruits basket

Im looking for anymore good one if anyone wats to drop me a post and sugest one.

for comics :
Bionical
Teen Titans
shwetanshu
Calvin & Hobbes and X-Men series
ck88
My favorite is an old 70's comic series called Trigan. It was published in Europe in multiple languages. You can find some of it online at the above link.
Asgardsfall
My favourite comic book series of all time would have to be Excalibur, although it did go through long periods when it lost its way.

In the beginning it was the lighter side of the X-Men. Whats that you say ... an X title with humour??! I sometimes wonder whether it wasn't created by Chris Claremont as a form of therapy.
Regardless it was well written, and well drawn and I was sad to see it end.

The only other series which got me racing down to the Comic Shop each month salivating, was the spinoff X-Men series when it was pencilled by Jim Lee. I'd seen Jim's work in Alpha Flight and became an instant fan.
mackhenry
my xmen series and calvin and hobesand tintin too
many other
Jayfarer
Right now, I'm really into Fables by Bill Willingham.
onemoment
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Lenore, Lenore is the cutest little dead girl ever!
Starflier
I'm really quite fond of Akiko, It's an all-ages sci-fi fantasy type graphic novel series about a twelve-year-old earthling girl and her experiences on the egg-shaped planet Shmoo along with Spuckler the space pirate, his robot Gax, Mr. Beeka, the galaxy's most annoying smart person, and Poog, a little floating ball thing... It has a sort of manga feel to it, but the art style is all over the place, very unique. The stories are well written and hillarious, very rarely falling into any sci-fi cliches...
http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/akiko/

Annother one that I'm quite partial to is the webcomic Copper. It's the monthly adventures of a boy and his dog in a whimsical, nearly surrealistic world.
http://www.boltcity.com/copper/