FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GeekWorld[40 FRIH$]

einstein
http://geekworld.17.forumer.com/

hey,
Whenever i visit my site, there are about 4 or 5 guests!!! However, nobody signs up!!! Please give feedback here, or you can also post there in the Guests Section, so that i will know what my site lacks. Very Happy

http://geekworld.17.forumer.com/

Well, here's my offer: Register at my forum for 35 FRIH$. Also, i will give you 2 FRIH$ per post you make there!!! So come on people, Let's Rock!!! Wink
awesty
how long has it been up for?

i think maybe it looks less active because you have so many topics. you should start of with only 12 at the most, then work your way up. but you have 100+ members so you could have more.

also pictures in the topic descriptions are really, really annoying.

but other than that it is alright Wink
einstein
it has been up since 17th May 2006. as for the pictures, i thought it would look more interactive!!! also, i am trying to remove some of the old topics, so that my forum looks a bit cleaner. Very Happy
coreymanshack
hey there einstein... what do you say me and you give pointers to each other?
einstein
what do you mean, coreymanshack??? well, you can just PM me if you want to talk to me about anything. Very Happy
{name here}
On any big forum there are always guests that refuse to register and are possibly just browsing. It's a natural thing. You could allow for guest posting, but also put up a forum to ridicule and set an example of spammers or something to ward them away.
HDirtwater
The site in general looks very good. A clean and easy-to-read theme.

I would try to put a few words about the site and what it is at the top. I'm never sure what the site is about when I go there.

Also, what has been posted about guests is absolutely true. There are always going to be guests/lurkers at any forum. I don't necessarily recommend opening up the forum to guests, but maybe one specific forum for guests wouldn't be a bad idea...? Up to you.

So, maybe make it clear on the homepage what the site is, and you'll get a little better response. Cool
lSaKenl
At the main pic, the one at the top, did u try to mean a HEAVEN for geeks? or is HAVEN a real word?
i speak spanish, and i've never seen that word b4 heh
coreymanshack
haven is a real word...
lSaKenl
ohh wtf, heh then what does it mean?
coreymanshack
a shelter serving as a place of safety or sanctuary

it is not used in those terms though... it's used because it sounds cool and usually people mean it to talk about the general area... such as....

"the rock haven"
sounds better than
"the general area of the rock"
linexpert
if you had areas where the regular users didn't have access to until they registered than they would register. You can also have downloadable content for the registered users.
einstein
there are already such areas, such as the VIP Lounge. also, i have already made a Guests Section, where guests can post...............but they never do!!! Crying or Very sad
saurabh.sauron
hey, i recommend this forum to all you others. i am one of the admins there, and the forum is very active. Currently, the statistics are as follows:

Code:
Our users have posted a total of 4681 articles
We have 135 registered users
The newest registered user is tech_mastermind

I would say that there are many forums that are not visible to the public unless they register. Also, there is a Guest forum, where very few people post. I guess that's a good thing because it means that there is no problem with GeekWorld, and that people are able to navigate easily. Take a bright view of things, einstein. Very Happy
einstein
saurabh.sauron wrote:
hey, i recommend this forum to all you others. i am one of the admins there, and the forum is very active. Currently, the statistics are as follows:

Code:
Our users have posted a total of 4681 articles
We have 135 registered users
The newest registered user is tech_mastermind

I would say that there are many forums that are not visible to the public unless they register. Also, there is a Guest forum, where very few people post. I guess that's a good thing because it means that there is no problem with GeekWorld, and that people are able to navigate easily. Take a bright view of things, einstein. Very Happy

yeah....i guess you are right. well, OK, "No Queries" means no flaws, right??? Wink

haha.....that's good. but i am still looking for more active members. Very Happy
JamesBond
hey, that's a really nice forum. i loved it!!! its really grown fast in past few months. Very Happy

i recommend this site to all geeks who live in this world, because the forum is really very interactive. Wink
einstein
thanks for that comment, JamesBond. Very Happy

well, i guess you saw what he has written. i am really happy that atleast SOMEONE liked my forum!!!

current statistics:

Code:
We have 173 registered users
The newest registered user is saratdear

Our users have posted a total of 5155 articles within 512 topics

Still looking for members...... Very Happy
tamilparks
sorry i have joined earlier
jayzee
wow its one big big forum Very Happy
einstein
then why don't you join it??? i assure you, its going to be much more bigger than this!!! current statistics:

Code:
We have 178 registered users
The newest registered user is ivanegues

Our users have posted a total of 5201 articles within 517 topics
einstein
well, i had become very, very busy, and had no time to look after GeekWorld. Now that i am back, i saw that there were more than 300 members on my forum, who didn't post anything. i deleted all those members who had below 2 posts. so now, we have only 68 members!!!

also, i am trying to convert it back to a technology forum. i don't mind even if i don't get many members, but i request those who DO join, to be active and post atleast 5 articles a week, so that i can keep up my forum.

thank you for your cooperation,

hoping to get some VERY ACTIVE members from here...... Very Happy

http://geekworld.17.forumer.com
coreymanshack
einstein wrote:
well, i had become very, very busy, and had no time to look after GeekWorld. Now that i am back, i saw that there were more than 300 members on my forum, who didn't post anything. i deleted all those members who had below 2 posts. so now, we have only 68 members!!!

also, i am trying to convert it back to a technology forum. i don't mind even if i don't get many members, but i request those who DO join, to be active and post atleast 5 articles a week, so that i can keep up my forum.

thank you for your cooperation,

hoping to get some VERY ACTIVE members from here...... Very Happy

http://geekworld.17.forumer.com

good luck
SamiTheBerber
Your site has nice layout. Logo is very good. Name is good.

You have two different index-pages, which makes navigation a bit harder, like "how to get in main page using one button?" Site isn't valid in main page.

Validator result
einstein
Quote:
You have two different index-pages, which makes navigation a bit harder, like "how to get in main page using one button?" Site isn't valid in main page.

well, the first page is NOT the index page, but it is the portal, or the place from where you can go to any place on the forum.

for the index page, the URL is : http://geekworld.17.forumer.com/index.php

also, the the errors in the validator result, are errors in the source code, which has been written by Forumer, and not by me. so i can't do anything about it!!! if anything you didn't like is in my power to rectify, i will do so. Very Happy

anyway, thanks for taking an interest in my forum.