FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SECRETS OF SEARCH ENGINES

just-in
Hi,

I have 50+ Sites which are in top position for several keywords in google . Smile

Here are some of my mantras to share with you guys

What does a search engine do in the background?

When you search anything on any search engine they do the following sequence to get you the results.

1. Domain Name (any domain name has the search string)
2. Title (Which site has the word in its title tag)
3. Description (any site has the word in its description tag)
4. Headings (Which site has the word in their title tags like H1,H2 and H3)
5. Highlighted (Which site has the word in bold, italic and underlined)
6. WordCount (which site repeats the word more)
7. Synonyms (Yes. Search engines do search synonym of the search string)

After these seven steps the search engine will have millions of websites... then comes the PR (Page Ranking)

What the hell PR is?

Simply the following:

1. Number of incoming links (one way links are very effective, not the link exchange)
2. Number of outgoing links to related sites (Yes. it matters. If they have good PR, its better)
3. Fresh Pages (that is recently updated)
4. How friendly (they hate Javascript stuff, they love plain HTML. Don't put any script inside the TITLE, DESCRIPTION, KEYWORDS & META Tags)

Then the search engines filter the search results by PR. Thats all.

You have to optimize your pages according to the above mantras.

My personal Tips:

1. List out keywords for common people like non computer related people, kids and oldies will use bcos if a guy like me come to your site, do you think I will click on your ads?
2. Make the site as simple as possible because huge sized magic words don't work buddy....
3. One of my friend said that google loves few particular colors but I am not sure how true it is.
4. Use your own pages to link to one another (Don't waste your resources)
5. If you have multiple sites, try to get one site some PR and link your other sites to that ...

thats all guys...

My personal mantra is

DON'T USE KEYWORDS WHAT YOU USE TO SEARCH, FINDOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE SEARCHING.

I am not going to list my site names here as I know you guys are expert in copying. I have done the hardwork guys...Wink

WORK WHEN OTHERS ARE SLEEPING!!!!

I do that. Smile
techack
Thanks for the great tips!
Sava
Quote:
DON'T USE KEYWORDS WHAT YOU USE TO SEARCH, FINDOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE SEARCHING.

This is very true and if you look better you can also find the most searched keywords to get an ideea
Varo
Thanks and it sounds fairly interesting.
vahsi000
i've heard a rumour that google really likes fresh content, i'm not sure how true this is but i've also heard that the older your website is the better ranking one is going to get on google??? How does all this work out?
Sava
I've seen been before, are you sure you wrote it ?Smile
angel_of_death
thanks a lot man. really helped. i guess u'll see my website on the top soon enuff Smile
wait and watch Very Happy
netpro
great tips !!!
thank you very much
jack_sanders
Thanks a lot for your tips, but how can you manage more than 50 sites and and when do update them (once a week/month?).
Have you bought more than 50 domainnamesor do you use also free ones?
awesty
vahsi000 wrote:
i've heard a rumour that google really likes fresh content, i'm not sure how true this is but i've also heard that the older your website is the better ranking one is going to get on google??? How does all this work out?

if a site has been around for 5 years it is old, but it might update every day so it is an old site with fresh content/
kristi_rey619
Thank you for this great tips Very Happy Will help to make my site to have a better rank Very Happy
Lilystock
just-in wrote:

WORK WHEN OTHERS ARE SLEEPING!!!!

I do that. Smile

Well, the problem with this one is that in the planet, there is always one time zone awake and working Laughing So I guess, it'll depend on your target.

Thanks for your tips.
just-in
Sava wrote:
I've seen been before, are you sure you wrote it ?Smile

You mean I copied this article from somewhere?

My answer is No.

Even if you workout with 100s of websites for few years you will end up with an article which is almost same as mine.

regards

Justin
just-in
jack_sanders wrote:
Thanks a lot for your tips, but how can you manage more than 50 sites and and when do update them (once a week/month?).
Have you bought more than 50 domainnamesor do you use also free ones?

I renew 10-20 domain names every month and register one or two.

About managing all of them ...

Its not that I myself update each and every day and keep the content fresh. You have some great softwares available today and one should take the advantages of them.

I have couple of VPS servers for hosting but I don't have any free domain so far.

Intially you have to spend some money buddy... then your websites will pay for everything.

Now a days I don't pay single $ from my pocket for my websites. They earn themselves.

And when they give you something free ... there is always something behind that offer.

Frihost's offer is the best thing that I have ever seen because who will allow you to host multiple sites just for posting on their forum.

Keep doing the good job frihost.
yaashop
Thank you very much for your tips. I will try to do according to your advice. right ow my site is not ready for PR yet but soon it will.

I'm also agree with you about frihost service offering. they are the best free site i have ever had and they are the greatest. ^^
littlegiant
I would have to disagree with two points in your list -

1) The use of keywords in a domain name is of little to no importance in SEO. This is a myth that has been perpetrated for a long time. Maybe as far as catching the eye of human beings, okay, there's some value there but search engines generally don't give a damn about keywords in domain names.

2) Search engines also don't give a damn about the use of Javascript. When they spider web pages, what they glean is the raw text (a.k.a., visible text) between the HTML tags and outside of scripts. All the HTML and Javascript is simply ignored. As long as you're not expecting text inserted into your web page by the use of Javascript to get picked up by search engines then using Javascript is of no consequence whatsoever.
shenyl
Good to see so many interested parties on promoting hits in Search Engines.

I would like to contribute a little on the use of URL.

There are a search terms - inurl:keyword1, keyword2 (which search for keywords in URL) and allinurl:keyword1, keyword2 (which requires all keywords to be in the URL).

These 2 search terms are meant to be very specific search on URL alone.

There is also the intitle: and allintitle: search terms for searching only on the Title tag of each web page.

In conclusion, search engines' Indexer program do index URL and Title and many other search terms.

Hope this help.
Drastic
Quote:
littlegiant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:45 pm Post subject:
I would have to disagree with two points in your list -

1) The use of keywords in a domain name is of little to no importance in SEO. This is a myth that has been perpetrated for a long time. Maybe as far as catching the eye of human beings, okay, there's some value there but search engines generally don't give a damn about keywords in domain name

Certainly from my experience over the last couple of months Google gives plenty of attention to keywords in domain names. Within 10 days of my creating a new Joomla site recently it was showing up at #4 on Google for the keywords in the domain name, despite no SEF component (owing to clash with another component) and very little in the way of SEO - virtually no metatags on pages. It has remained at either #3 or #4 although I've been away and unable to do more to it. However, the site is nowhere on MSN or Yahoo...

I can't make sense of Google's approach. Another of my sites is sunk without trace despite following all the SEO advice I can find. Interestingly I looked at the top site for the keywords I was trying to use, and that seemed to be a classic example of keyword stuffing (eg. all the ALT tags on images had strings of identical keywords that bore no relation to the images). Yet this site was still #1 as far as Google was concerned.

It all seems rather random - and I suspect that if your site has been around for more than 2 years it will rank well regardless of the latest "rules".

Drastic
littlegiant
Are you absolutely sure your site was showing up at #4 in Google because of keywords in the domain name? You mean you had nothing in the title tags? No other text on the page?
budazz
Thnks for this advices... ill get a copy and read in my house
k_s_baskar
Hi,

Thanx for your cool tips.
Dragonfly
Most of the things you wrote there are true. I too have had experience such with my websites and they work. Hard work is the key to succeed in internet as well.
bubbleball
Thank you for the tips Very Happy
k_s_baskar
Hi, I won't agreewith this point

Quote:
2. Number of outgoing links to related sites (Yes. it matters. If they have good PR, its better)

I think outlinks won't increase websites page rank. For example If my PR1 site has 5 links to www.google.com/adsense (PR10 website) it won't increase my page rank.

But i agree with all of your other points.

anyway thanks for your tips.

Smile
shenyl
I have my site crawled thru' by the web spider, using most of the techniques, but one thing I have failed to do is to keep updating the contents. While I was updating, it was captured and fairly well indexed.

But when I was lazy to improve on the site content, the site was eventually dropped completely by the Search Engines.

Keep you site fresh, so as to prevent elimination.

Hope my bad experience will help some to save your indexed sites.

With regards.
lerian
Thanks for sharing your tips. Very useful.
Regarding the keyword on the domain name, if it is possible to put the keyword on your domain, put it. At least it won't hurt you. Perhaps it even can help you in the long run.
littlegiant
Yes I think I'll have to change my position on using keywords in a domain name. There is some evidence that this could be beneficial. However, I would not overlook the branding power that an original eye catching domain name would create. People are far more likely to remember a domain name like purple-monkeys-from-mars.com than science-fiction-stories.com
vignesh_natraj
thanks for these great tips
but a personal question from me
how hard is to manage 50+ site ( i am thinking to run 40-50 any tips)
k_s_baskar
Quote:
vignesh_natraj:but a personal question from me
how hard is to manage 50+ site ( i am thinking to run 40-50 any tips)

Hi Vignesh,

It's easy to manage even 500+ sites whereas it should have Useful Static Content. Managing websites with static content is very easy just

(1) register a domain for 5 or 10 years with hosting space you need,
(2) Tune your contents for keywords
(3) upload the contents
(4) Get backlinks to your website from geniune sites having Google PR5 and above.
(5) Thats it. Now within few days your your site will be listed in search engines. and you will get traffic.
(6) Forget this site goto (1) for for your next site

Ya... Using this infinite loop wil can host lot n lot sites.. Very Happy
littlegiant
#4 in your list is a lot easier said than done. Typically, a PR5 site is only going to link to you if your content is spectacular and/or linking to you proves to be a worthy and relevant outbound link for them.
lerian
the easiest way to get high PR link is buy for it. Smile
k_s_baskar
littlegiant wrote:
#4 in your list is a lot easier said than done. Typically, a PR5 site is only going to link to you if your content is spectacular and/or linking to you proves to be a worthy and relevant outbound link for them.

Yes you are right getting backlinks from PR4+ websites without resiprocal links is not soo easy. But while managing 500+ websites we will be having 10 to 20 sites with PR4+ website. So it will be easy to give links to your new sites from Good PR sites even from index page itself. (Which will increase importance to your new websites) and another way is trading backlinks by speding money.

But IT"S POSSIBLE to get backlinks...

Smile
louiedave
good tips thanks Laughing