FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ONline Learning?

carbenson
Hey is anyone doing online classes?
I need to get my teaching certificate,
but I dont want to spend a mint.
I've seem some that want like a grand for each class,
a bit too steap for me!
bluefossil
one of my friend who is a teacher... she said most of her co-workers receive their master's degree online. And they all have higher salary because of it.
eruct
I took two online classes this summer through a community college in my area so I could get credits to transfer to my full time college. I have to say that if I wasn't taking the classes only for the credits I would have been hugely disappointed.

All of the assignments felt like busy work and I got the feeling that the teachers didn't even take time to grade them but more like if they saw some content you got an 'A'. There was also the fact that it lacked the classroom discussions and antics. There was a forum that we had to post in but it wasn't the same.

So, if you have no problem teaching yourself and learning simply from reading assignments, then I say go ahead. There is also the cost thing. My two classes, 6 credit hours worth, only cost $450 total (not including the books). I dunno, it's really up to you and your experience may be differnet than mine. Good luck!
window2
There are many credited schools now that offer degrees and certificates online. Check Argosy University and also local state school websites. I'm from WI and I know the University of WI offers degrees online. Good luck
NarcoticGetz
im thinking of doing online courses myself so seeing those 2 posts is helpful
DimaSafr
Hi, I am thimking of doing Microsoft certification online, has anyone done any profeccional courses, how does that works?