FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age of Empires, have you played the latest AOE-III

krrish
Age of Empires, one of the hottest games in the gaming world.
I mean to tell you, when you play this game, you dont even notice time.
There are times when I started in the morning and ended the game in the evening feeling that it's still afternoon. How crazy.

How about Age of Empires - III
I have played it. I only have onscreen video card.
When I played the game, especially when I was playing with ships, the game ran very slowly, just like buffering video.
I also tested in my friends computer, he has 3 GHz PC and 512 MB Ram, still the ships caused problems.

Does this common to every one? Have you faced the problems?
If you know how to solve that problem please tell me?

One more thing, if you haven't played age of empires, I request you to play any version of age of empires. Remember, if you haven't played the game, it means that you definitely missed something in the gaming world.
tony
yes - great game! i cant get aoe3 to work on my geforce 6200 though...
PerArne
I think its good, but not the greatest. Confused
Hojo
its a great game, and yea, if you have 2 big armies fighting, or some ships (especially the bigger ones) killin each other it gets very laggy. right now i am using an Athlon XP 3000+ with 1024Mb RAM and (only) a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and it still lags. My guess would be because of the graphic card, but i dont have the money to buy a new one right now, and its quite hard to find a reasonable price for a good AGP graphic card nowadays since only PCIe cards are being produced now.
marnin
yeah... fun game..
working preety good on my 1.8 ghz computer Razz

very nice graphic
new user
marnin wrote:
yeah... fun game..
working preety good on my 1.8 ghz computer Razz

very nice graphic

It worked just fine on my old PC: Sempron 2600+, 512 MB Ram, Radeon 9550.
I'll try it today on the new one: Celeron 3 Ghz, 1024 Mb ram, GeForce 6600 GT. Confused
budazz
I dont like it!... i dont know why but it doesnt run on my pc// mybe my graphics card... but my other games runs well.. even those 3d based games.. dont know why!@ Shocked
djwayno
i dont like this game. i think they have wrecked it. Its a big step back from number 2.

The interface of the game is poor. They tryed to copy command and conqurer by trying to introduce 3d graphics. It didnt work in my eyes.
angelussum
I tried the demo - can't say I was a fan. I prefer the older versions over this one. The graphics are okay, but honestly... nothing that great these days. I didn't think that there was that big a change that it was really that exciting.
screamingdecay
angelussum wrote:
I tried the demo - can't say I was a fan. I prefer the older versions over this one. The graphics are okay, but honestly... nothing that great these days. I didn't think that there was that big a change that it was really that exciting.
Agreed, I dis like this age of empires. I wish they used the same engine from AOC , the graphics were all right, maybe upgrade them a bit but dont change the hole game and make it like AOM which sucked...
faker_phil
Yes I did, and I was disappointed. The graphics are better, but that is the only improvement they made. The rest of the new stuff is awful, and just pulls the game down. I'm still going with the old one, AOE II forever! Very Happy
Leptitpoucet
It's a great game.
But I prefere AOE 2 and AO Mytologie
Saskia91
I've also only played the demo version of aoeIII, but I think age of mythology is much better. ofcourse, I've only played the demo, but still...
I think the music of aoeII is the best, but the game aom is the best. I really like to use those god powers Razz but I like mythology anyway Cool I'm waiting for an aomII!!!! Laughing