FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Frihost Glitch





garionw
I sometimes have this glitch when clicking on links:
Quote:

Not Found
The requested URL /forums/vp.415524.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.frihost.com Port 80


Does anyone else have this same problem?
Traveller
So far, I've never seen that, and the last two days, I've been on the site VERY frequently between 5:30AM and 10:30PM (GMT-6).

If you do encounter that again, please post another note in this thread indicating the time of day (along with your time zone) when it happened, so that Bondings or some other administrator can check log files, etc. and try to determine if there is a pattern or trend.

Thanks.
lukeropro
Me too, I've never encountered such a problem. Maybe you can try refreshing the page...
garionw
Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 pm GMT+10

Thats the time of my post, so it was sometime around then
ChrisCh
I've had this problem too... Usually clicking back, refreshing the previous page, and clicking the link again solves the problem.

It's on FriHost's end, because my cache is automatically cleared when I shut down my computer... and its happened several times on different computers Razz
Bondings
Maybe some settings were being changed/reloaded and not everything (like the frihost.com website) was yet working/in memory. That's all I can think of. I don't think I ever had that error myself tbh.
tidruG
I have never seen that error myself, either... and I can't think of what could possibly have caused that either.

However,
Quote:
The requested URL /forums/vp.415524.html was not found on this server.


The correct syntax for that ought to be
Code:
/forums/vp-415524.html

Eg: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-415524.html

I can't think of what could be causing the "-" to change to "." though.
Bondings
tidruG wrote:
I have never seen that error myself, either... and I can't think of what could possibly have caused that either.

However,
Quote:
The requested URL /forums/vp.415524.html was not found on this server.


The correct syntax for that ought to be
Code:
/forums/vp-415524.html

Eg: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-415524.html

I can't think of what could be causing the "-" to change to "." though.

Oh, I didn't notice that! You must have excellent eyes.

In this case, it is definately a glitch that either occured during transmission or during the creation of the page.
tidruG
Bondings wrote:
Oh, I didn't notice that! You must have excellent eyes.

After months of typing "Please refer to the posting guidelines here --> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html ", you kind of understand the value of a "-" Wink

PS: Also, I always keep my glasses very clean Razz
garionw
I cant remember how I got that error, but sometimes I get it when I click the "latest post" arrow in the announcements and rules.
Marston
Actually, I believe the problem has something to do with session id's.
mathiaus
garionw wrote:
I cant remember how I got that error, but sometimes I get it when I click the "latest post" arrow in the announcements and rules.

Same here, when first logging on clicking on last post icon puts the session id on the end of the url.
Blaster
for some reason i dont' have that problem but i don't use that problem. It is a problem with code by the sound of it and that bondings needs to fix.
Related topics
Your cpanel is http://www.danhill.frihost.net/cpanel/ .
Bonjour
another THATONETHING.frihost.net
Frihost banner contest
Features of FRIHOST
Traduire Frihost en francais et allemand (La page d´accuei)
phpnuke sur frihost, ça donne quoi?
glitch in cpanel?
ERROR: Nameserver ns1.frihost.net is not authoritative
"Movable Type" on Frihost
Frihost nedir ? Size neler sunar ?
WordPress Glitch
Question about Private Messages @ Frihost
FTP problems frihost's fault or no?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.