FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Key & Planetarian

hofodomo01
When browsing the internet, I came about a visual novel by Key (same people who made Air and Kanon...) called Planetarian.

It didn't seem to be anything special at first...but then I played (more like "read"...it's doesn't give any choices...it's a completely linear story).

Wow...like with Key's other material, the first half isn't anything profound -- it's nice and gentle. Then the ending...I was completely blown away by how Key made this story. It's emotionally touching, and has a relatively deep intellectual value.

http://planetarian.insani.org/world.html
This is kinda some background information. But basically, the protagonist meets a robot, still expecting customers to come to the planetarium (a tourist attraction) even though war has wiped the world clean 30 years ago. From there, it's an amusing little story, but as it nears towards the ending...as expected of Key, it got pretty intense.

Has anybody else read Planetarian?
Scaramanga
Yeah Planetarian is pretty good. For a while there were rumours circulating that there was a planned anime of the game, but that was a few years ago. Perhaps if the new Kanon is successful it'll be more likely, as I kow both Kanon and Air have their die-hard followers.