FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WinHelp

caaltt
Hello,

I'm assisting a software developer and I would like to find out how to go about adding a Help system for his packages to better serve our clients.
Is there a free version of WinHelp I can use WITHOUT having to know HTML.

I know there are actual developer tools out there like Help & Manual and HelpScribble, etc.
But....is there a free version of WinHelp that comes with Windows I can use or something?

Secondly....if I WERE to use a developer, such as the ones above, will I need to port the hlp file to WinHelp before I can use it in the software???

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
aningbo
sorry but a little more info will be geratr. wat exactly are you making. which language are you using for the software?
Simulator
Do you want to make a website or something without knowing HTML
Texas Al
Simulator wrote:
Do you want to make a website or something without knowing HTML

No, as you can tell from caalt's post, they are interested in writing help files for a software package.

The answer to this, like to most free software needs, can be found on Sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=winhelp
caaltt
Quote:
No, as you can tell from caalt's post, they are interested in writing help files for a software package.

The answer to this, like to most free software needs, can be found on Sourceforge.

Your right Texas AI, I want to write help systems to be included in software packages so that our clients will have a more convenient and efficient way in getting the help they require.

Your link is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

caaltt.