FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domains and default email

mirzapirza
Hi boys. I've parked my domain in my frihost account, and I've set up the default (catch-all) mail in cpanel, but it doesn't seem to be working.. I'd like everything to forward to my gmail.

Well, it's kind of strange. Some names work, such as domain@mirzapirza.com, where I regularly receive spam. yay Smile I'm not quite sure what's happening. Maybe that one is bound through go-daddy and therefore works.. My catch-all at go-daddy is still there, but does that work with my nameservers set to yours?

I don't know too much about domains and nameservers.. please help? :X
Bondings
First of all, if the nameservers of your website are pointing to frihost, then godaddies catch all won't work for them.

Your problem is probably that you use the default thing. That one doesn't work. You need to create other email accounts and forward those to your gmail.

Make a new *whatever*@yourdomain.com account as a catch-all and then forward it to gmail.
mirzapirza
Hmm. I've been looking around cpanel.. Mail > Forwarders? Not sure how to create a catch-all in there. I've tried simply *@domain but that doesn't seem to be working. Or do I have to create a forwarder for every name@domain I want to use? Confused

edit.

I got a topic reply notification, even though I've specified an email at my domain in my phpbb profile.. Weird :\
Daniel15
The default email usually works... It should be [yourcpanelusername]@[yourdomain]. To see if this address works, go to http://frihost.net/webmail and use your cPanel username and password

To set a default address, go to Mail --> Default Address (otherwise known as a 'catchall')

This works fine for me. I get emails at webmaster[at]stickboarder.info, info[at]stickboarder.info and support[at]stickboarder.info (usually spam) as well as daniel15[at]stickboarder.info and stickboarder[at]stickboarder.info (emails I actually want). All the emails that get sent to my account go to the default cPanel email address.