FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about large file-TOS

photographerguy
I know we aren't allowed to use our web space for storage, but I was wondering if it is OK to put something up for 1-2 days so somebody can download it.

I am working on some pictures for my cousin. She lives far away from me. I want to put the pictures into a zip file and upload it, so she can save it on her computer. It will be 50-75 megs.

Are we allowed to use our discretion on this? or is it strictly forbidden. I would take it down as soon as she got it. I just don't want to violate anything, as I really like this host.
Bondings
photographerguy wrote:
I want to put the pictures into a zip file and upload it, so she can save it on her computer. It will be 50-75 megs.

There is absolutely no problem with what you want to do even if you want to keep the zip file there for months (of course it would be better to remove it to save disk space). You however will have to upload it with ftp as it will most likely not work with a browser.

The large file size thing is there to prevent large download websites and similar and also to give us an 'easy' reason to get rid of fishy websites without having to research for hours to be completely sure the files are warez/illegal.