FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone know some good RTS games!

theLOGANhole
I want to host some lan parties with my buddies and I'm looking for a good RTS game, that will run smoothly on my laptop and the slowest pc 1.6ghz itegrated graphics.

So far I have in mind:

Starcraft
Red Alert 2
Battle For Middle Earth
Does anyone else have good suggestions.
Stickman
Personally i like the Age of Empires series, they have low requierements.
I have a laptop myself, and it runs very smooth.

EDIT: Command and Conquer is also a good RTS Game.
benwhite
Yeah you could go with AOE2: age of kings or Age of Mythology, both are old enough to work fine but not be too retro.
theLOGANhole
Anyone one play Age Of Empires 3, I want to know if any of you liked it.
Sparda
I think Warcraft III is a good RTS game if you like Med-eval times stuff. I absolutly love this game. My Cousin has an even lower Processor and the game works fine on his laptop.
KD8CPP
As the Others said I think Age of Empires is a good one. It runs well, it is very fun, and it is cheep! I llike the features of the game along with the actual strategy within the game, and some of the cheats you can get for it.

73s

Tyler Lewis
Cov3r70ps
My favorite RTS games are Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Dawn of War.
Dawn of War is a Warhammer based RTS. Starcraft you seem to know and Warcraft is another game made by Blizzard. All three are good balanced games.
theLOGANhole
Would you suggest Dawn Of War as a really good RTS game and is it really old. How are the graphics. Thanks
exarkun
Microsoft's Rise of Nation is a nice game just like Red Alert 2, and it is also comparable to red alert 2.
Cov3r70ps
theLOGANhole wrote:
Would you suggest Dawn Of War as a really good RTS game and is it really old. How are the graphics. Thanks

Personally, I love it. I suck at RTS and they usually don't hold my interest, but Dawn of War does. THe graphics are pretty good and the game has really good models and animations. As for how old it is, in October they are releasing a second expansion pack for it. I'm not sure of the exact age of the game, but it can't be too old.
zuk4u
Currently i'm playing Company of Heroes , very good graphic and gameply. Try it.
legion
Starcraft tops the list
Keran
According to Gamerankings.com top game is:
Company of Heroes
PC

95.5%

I need to try it out
Saryon
Ye, that looks like a rather awesome game. I think I'd have to download the demo sometime, somewhere.

Any1 knows a link?
ba11inncali
Go for Starcraft for the LAN it is hands down the best RTS of all time.