FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter-Strike HELP!

mceejaydee
My friend has CS and can only view the servers in the Steam browser but not in the game. His firewall is off and everything but its the same problem. Can anyone help? Thanks alot in advanced
eepman
I would go to the Steam game files and verify local data first.
faker_phil
Make sure all the filters are disabled.
LivinBeyondDeath
If i ever have a problem I always back up my files first of course, but just delete the counter-strike folder and reinstall CS then it should work for sure! Very Happy Hope I help!
2nProductions
There is something called the Clientregistry.blob in the steam folder delete that to see if it could help.
xkobram
Are you sure that he has original CS 1.6 or above?
Or has downloaded all "warez" updates?
TonkPilz
Do the only sane ting and blame steam
mceejaydee
xkobram wrote:
Are you sure that he has original CS 1.6 or above?
Or has downloaded all "warez" updates?

It's legit. I was actually helpin out my friend, iono if it is pirated or not. He said he'll just play runescape instead xD Thanks anyways guys.
ubertech
I played CSS for a little while and i thought it is an awesome game but I have found this one called Wolfenstein- Enemy Teritory and for starters it is completely free and I think has better game play than CS you should try it out, pretty big download from browser but still an awesome game!
slec
humm, delet the firewall, restart the computer and thats it

i did have some problem with that lately, cant refesh for the sercvers
mceejaydee
ubertech wrote:
I played CSS for a little while and i thought it is an awesome game but I have found this one called Wolfenstein- Enemy Teritory and for starters it is completely free and I think has better game play than CS you should try it out, pretty big download from browser but still an awesome game!

I used to play that game. I was so pro, I remember my best score ever 54:12 Smile. I quit for some reason but imma tell my friend bout it.

slec wrote:
humm, delet the firewall, restart the computer and thats it

i did have some problem with that lately, cant refesh for the sercvers

I don't think my friend can delete it. It's the windows xp firewall. You can delete that right?