You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[+ oo] Nintendo Entertainment System

From Wikipedia:
Nintendo Entertainment System, or NES, is an 8-bit video game console released by Nintendo in North America, Brazil, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Its Japanese equivalent is known as the Nintendo Family Computer (任天堂 ファミリーコンピュータ, Nintendo Family Computer?), or Famicom (ファミコン, Famicom?). The most successful gaming console of its time in Asia and North America (Nintendo claims to have sold over 60 million NES units worldwide[5]), it helped revitalize the video game industry following the video game crash of 1983, and set the standard for subsequent consoles in everything from game design (the first modern platform game, Super Mario Bros., was the system’s first "killer game") to business practices. The NES was the first console for which the manufacturer openly courted third-party developers.

Please discuss anything you want about the NES, excluding any of the other consoles Nintendo has come out. Post your feelings, thoughts, conclusions, ideas, experiences, etc. You can give some negative input but do it constructively and with proper etiquette that should be expected of any human. This is not a thread for "bashing" other systems, infact it is completely unbiast towards other consoles. Many companies in the same industry promotes competition, creates leaps in technology and brings you the jaw-dropping games that you love dearly. We'll have no angst here, just pure nastalgia. Useful and/or interesting links to NES related websites is a plus.

One of my most vivid memories is watching my older cousins play this console when I was about 4 or 5. They played a lot of tetris and super mario bros,; probably my two all time favorite NES games. The greatest thing was that there were SO many games- OHH paperboy too! I loved that game- so many that you had a hard time not falling in love with atleast one of them.

Blowing dust out of the console and positioning the cartridge just right to make good pin connection, oh my Lord. Blowing until your brain was numb was well worth fighting sewer enemies as a fierce Ninja Turtle.

Coolest NES Mods Ever

I have always loved Nintendo's games and systems. The NES is fantastic, I'd say my favorite system is the SNES though.

I had a nes when I was younger. It is gone now. But since then I have learned that my parents bought it a bit before I was born and my mother played plenty of Tetris on it. I thought that was quite a funny thing.

Now my favorite game is Tetris. Maybe it's just a family trait. Laughing
I've got two NES's; one's perfectly working and the other one has been te victim of a mod... I always loved the device, the games were simple yet never boring. It was just so..practical. Anyway, my favourite game is Super Mario Bros (on the NES).
The Nintendo Entertainment System was a great system. Of course the graphics are subpar by today's standard, but that system was a lot of fun; I was never bored of it. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if it didn't exist. (After the video game crash of 1983.)

I liked the Super Nintendo Entertainment System better, however, like I said, the Nintendo Entertainment System was great.
That site of coolest NES mods ever made is crazy.

I mean, an MP3 player, a remote, a computer, dvd player, mouse, etc.
LOL Yes! The mods for the NES are great and i think, in my opinion, it is possibly the best gaming console ever made! This machine has cost me many hours of my life as a kid and still rears it's ugly head to skim off a few more hours when the urge hits. Well now you guys did ot again I hear Punch-Out calling my name....Tyson is going down! Razz
I love the NES soooooooo much, and it's big brother the SNES. Both have a very, very special place in my heart and I actually just get happy thinking about the hours and hours I've spent on Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Contra, Final Fantasy III.... I mean, man... I still love these games more than anything on the current systems, and I'm sure I always will. Not just because of nostalgia, but because they were GREAT games. Back before pretty graphics they had to make a great and entertaining game.

Anybody else remember those days?
Super Mario Bros is great! So is Balloon Fight and Ice Climbers! Wink Idea
And sure Super Mario Bros 3!
I love nintendo because my very first console came from nintendo. NES, SNES.
ahhh, my first love Very Happy