FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jokes -- Resolved

GameFreak
In the jokes forum, it says that points cannot be earned. Can FRIH$ be earned there?

EDIT: My query has been answered. Please lock it if you have to. Thanks.
Bondings
GameFreak wrote:
In the jokes forum, it says that points cannot be earned. Can FRIH$ be earned there?

Not at the moment, but if a lot of people think it's a good idea then I'll enable it.
CyanEyed
any way of making frih$ is a good idea imo.

im backing GameFreak on this one.

however, being an unbiased person, i have to say that most posts in the jokes forums are either copied of joke sites and stuff or consist of
Quote:
HAHA very funny
or
Quote:
rofl
so it may be spammed a lot more than usual.

anyway, i do still say that there should be frih$ available in teh joke section, but maybe under a stricter rule, for example, where
Quote:
haha
in a normal forums would get you about 1.2xxxxxx frih$,
Quote:
haha
in a joke forum would get you about 0.7xxxxxx frih$
GameFreak
And what about the other forums in which points are disabled? Are FRIH$ also disabled there?
exarkun
I have a suggestion, can we post some *cough cough* adult jokes on the jokes section? I mean, it is limited to joke corner. And the suject of the joke that contain adult material must contain [adult] to warn people of the content it contains.
Bondings
exarkun wrote:
I have a suggestion, can we post some *cough cough* adult jokes on the jokes section? I mean, it is limited to joke corner. And the suject of the joke that contain adult material must contain [adult] to warn people of the content it contains.

No sorry, that's not allowed. These forums are for all audiences, strictly. Wink
Traveller
Bondings wrote:
GameFreak wrote:

Not at the moment, but if a lot of people think it's a good idea then I'll enable it.

Then I cast my vote against the idea. The Jokes forum is the way it is so people don't get points (nor FRIH$) that they didn't really earn, since the messages that are usually copy/paste content with absolutely no original thought to contribute to FriHost. We allow copy/paste in the Jokes forum because very little of it is original, but in the other fora, we strictly prohibit message that are entirely (or almost entirely) copy/paste. Otherwise, people could cheat their way to as many points and FRIH$ as they would like by, to use a recent example, posting entire, long science articles from the BBC with no QUOTE tags, no indication of the source, and no original material to begin or continue a discussion.
tidruG
GameFreak wrote:
And what about the other forums in which points are disabled? Are FRIH$ also disabled there?

As of now, in all forums where points are disabled, FRIH$ are also disabled. The reason is quite simply what Traveller said in the previous post.

Points (and FRIH$) should be earned by posting and having good discussions which lead to somewhere, not by copying and pasting off other sites or by letting others know that you found something funny by posting "hahaha"
garionw
I think that Traveller's right here, I mean I could type out an enitre Joke Book (Make Reference To It Wink ) abd get 100FRIH$ for it.

Doesn't really seem fair on the other posters who actually post genuine posts in the other forums
tidruG
Well, appears the query is answered.
-close-