FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Permenant cuts and scratches

secret_soul
I cut one of my legs right on the bone from shaving a couple of months ago and the scars are still very visible. I also noticed that a small cut from about 6 months ago is still visible on my arm and various other things I've done. Is it possible, does anyone know, to have some kind of condition whereby cuts and scratches don't fully heal on your body? OR is this completely normal?
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
Well normally scars are forever (especially if they were deep cuts). They usually fade quite a bit over time, but in most cases, you scar and it stays. I definally know thats the case with me, I scar so easy (its INSANE!). I don't think theres any sort of condition where scars last longer, but I do believe some people getted scarred easier than others... (trust me about my knowledge on scars... I know alot about them, from experience...)

hope all goes well Smile

~nIkKi
SFMeatwad
I usually go outside and get a tan from doing activities like WORKING.
sbel
does tanning really work?
I thought it was the most logical thing to do, but i couldn't find a reliable proof Razz
ChrisCh
secret_soul wrote:
I cut one of my legs right on the bone from shaving a couple of months ago and the scars are still very visible. I also noticed that a small cut from about 6 months ago is still visible on my arm and various other things I've done. Is it possible, does anyone know, to have some kind of condition whereby cuts and scratches don't fully heal on your body? OR is this completely normal?
I've heard of the condition before, but I can't think of the name sorry! But it does exist...
secret_soul
I actually have got a tan right now - I just went on holiday. It doesn't seem to cover it up well though. Thanks for the responses though, guys. Smile

.you.make.my.heart.happy. - do you know of any creams or anything that could fade scars, since you seem to know a fair bit about them? Smile
Lady_Star
Cocobutter is a good cream/lotion for helping to reduce scars over time if used regularly.

Also, I don't know if tanning salons in England carry it or not but there is a line of tanning products called 'Darkside' here in the US and one of them is know for it's healing properties of scars and other slight imperfections of the skin. The particular one of the line is 'Caffeine'.

Here is the link to the website which has more information about the products on it:
http://www.whatsyourdarkside.com/

Hope this helps out some... Smile
crdowner
I assume the cuts and scratches you referenced have healed and now you have scars. This sounds normal to me. If on the other hand, you have cuts that take a long time to heal, this could be an indication of diabetes. My dad is diabetic and he has to be careful as some wounds take a long time to heal.
HoboPelican
Well, some people have a condition that causes cuts to form Keloids, a large, overgrown mass of scar tissue, but I'm guessing that is not the issue(if it is, just google keloid and you'll find lot of info)

As I get older, I notice that cuts are taking longer to heal, sometimes months. They seem to heal much faster when I remember to use an antibiotic ointment and keep a band-aid over it. It really helps.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
secret_soul wrote:

.you.make.my.heart.happy. - do you know of any creams or anything that could fade scars, since you seem to know a fair bit about them? Smile

Well coa-coa butter body cream should work on some people. It really depends on what kind of skin you have. Like I said before, I scar so easily, so I need like pharmacy creams to fade them. But you could use any cream from a local pharmacy, if you can't find any for scars, then look for stretch mark cream. The stretch mark cream should work pretty good Smile but I do believe it can be pricey. But, it never hurts to go and check it out Smile

anyways, I hope I helped you Very Happy
~nIkKi
ThornsOfSorrow
I don't know about any conditions where scars last longer or don't heal correctly, but I do know that tanning does NOT work to cover them up. In my experience, my slightly visible scars get much more visible when I get even a slight tan. It seems like the scars stay light while everything else gets darker. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this experience though...I might just be weird. Very Happy
DiageoLiam
I'm getting laser treatment to remove my scars, it's like 6,000
WRC Meister
i fell asleep(somehow) on my bike years ago, and got a big scar right where theleft eyebrow stops, and i can still feel the small bumps in my skull, and the scar is still there, my arms are also full of scars, though thats cats fualt constantly
meet in rio
There's still time for them to disappear. I had a few scars from average-sized scrapes, burns and scratches (from hot oil, scissors, gardening etc.) which stayed around for about two years, but have now faded. As people are suggesting, try using a stretch mark cream or an oil on the affected areas. I think there's something called Bio Oil which specifically claims to reduce scarring.
Drawingguy
Sometimes, scars will simply fade in a few years. If not, some people recommend things like vitamin e oil, or even scar-fading cream.
hiquality
As you advance in age skin tends to loose it's magical properties.When I was a small child I used to fall weekly and have my knees full of cuts which were gone the next month butnow I felt while riding a motorcycle and the scar is still visible on my knee after 6 months...

For deeper scars there are treatments which involve unguents and also some advanced treatments involving something simmilar to laser surgery.

Take care in the future Smile
furtasacra
Scars are forever on a bad injury, but cocoa butter lotion and/or "fade cream" used regularly will help the appearance.