FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

interactive sigs

CyanEyed
yay, i got the first normal user tread here Very Happy

anyway, how do u get those interactive sigs like random quotes/images and the ones that tell u ur ip adrress and browser? is there a special code for that?
Sunny
CyanEyed wrote:

anyway, how do u get those interactive sigs like random quotes/images and the ones that tell u ur ip adrress and browser? is there a special code for that?

Signs with dynamic information can be created using PHP scripts. There are also sites like danasoft who create and host them .But I must tell you they are not allowed in our forum.Please read the rule below

Quote:
Signatures with dynamic information about users browsing the forums, like from danasoft, are not allowed. (eg: Your browser is firefox and your ip is ... )
CyanEyed
Sunny wrote:

Signs with dynamic information can be created using PHP scripts. There are also sites like danasoft who create and host them .But I must tell you they are not allowed in our forum.Please read the rule below

Quote:
Signatures with dynamic information about users browsing the forums, like from danasoft, are not allowed. (eg: Your browser is firefox and your ip is ... )

okay, but is there a specific reason behind that??
garionw
CyanEyed wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Quote:

okay, but is there a specific reason behind that??

???People dont want to know what browser they are using???
Daniel15
Signatures which display information about the user viewing it are not allowed. However, other types of dynamic signatures are (for example, I believe that the dynamic signatures at http://www.Dynamic-Sig.com/ are allowed here).

You'll need to wait for Bondings for clarification Wink
CyanEyed
Daniel15 wrote:
Signatures which display information about the user viewing it are not allowed. However, other types of dynamic signatures are (for example, I believe that the dynamic signatures at http://www.Dynamic-Sig.com/ are allowed here).

You'll need to wait for Bondings for clarification Wink

hehe, self-promotion. i likes it Wink

i was jus wondering why sigs that display information aout the user arent allowed. it there a specific reason or is "because Bondings said so" Wink

CyanEyed
snowboardalliance
CyanEyed wrote:

i was jus wondering why sigs that display information aout the user arent allowed. it there a specific reason or is "because Bondings said so" Wink

Good question, maybe it takes too much load for slower computers? Like if a thread was full of those and each time someone read it, all the dynamic images had to be created.... Just guessing though.
XeononyX
CyanEyed wrote:
"because Bondings said so"

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.
JBotAlan
I'm thinking someone was creeped out by one of those signatures. The thing is, there's no danger in them. They are harmless, or at least I can't find any harm in them. I'll retract this statement when someone mentions a potential danger.

JBot
Blaster
Sunny wrote:
CyanEyed wrote:

Quote:

I think this user is talking about how like morphs is. And this is done through php. How you do it i dont' know.

The danger could be if someone took a screen shot and sent it to someone and they saw that info then frihost would be reliable....
Daniel15
Blaster wrote:

The danger could be if someone took a screen shot and sent it to someone and they saw that info then frihost would be reliable....

I think you mean liable Razz
Seriously, isn't something like "Because Bondings says so" good enough? I personally like this reason Very Happy
garionw
snowboardalliance wrote:
CyanEyed wrote:

Good question, maybe it takes too much load for slower computers? Like if a thread was full of those and each time someone read it, all the dynamic images had to be created.... Just guessing though.

Well, it wouldn't be a server load for Frihost if they were created elsewhere, it would be there problem (The other server).

Anyway, I dont think that there is any real danger with them but what if everyone pleaced them in their signatures? You would be seeing your computer specifications over and over again. Would you really want to know how powerful your computer is 12 times in one topic?
awesty
I couldnt really care since I read the posts, not signatures.
tidruG
Apart from that, it probably also freaks some people out to know how easy it is to get their IP Addresses, probably.