FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP-Gamers.com

coreymanshack
Ok my site http://www.php-gamers.com/ is in beta, I will be working on it and making tons of changes in the next few months, but I need as much feedback as possible. If you are interested mabye YOU can even become part of the team. If you have something to say, stop by the forums!

Get paid 10frih$ to give me pointers on my website!
eepman
I would reccomend not using a marquee tag at the top.

1. It distracts the eye from the main page
2. It is hard to read and if the info is important you want to read it

Also in contrast sometimes light on dark hurts the eyes. You can keep the current color, but you may want to offer another style.

The font on the buttons is a bit hard to read, I would make them bigger and more legible.

Also, I know of a good php rpg called muffins, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It is very similar to KOL.

Otherwise a very nice site. I like the idea and maybe you can make a cool game someday.
xorcist
I suggest you fix that chatroom because it keep refreshing itself even when you get out of it, and the layout I suggest you get a free layout from someone or get one created. You should make the layout light and have the links all teh way at the side and have it load in a iframe like you have it now.
coreymanshack
chatroom stays there and refreshing until you click logout at the top....

I never really have been good at layouts that is why it says on the front that i need people to volunteer to help me with it!

Also at the top that is not a marquee tag... that is javascript... i can slow it down.. and make the text darker, if that would help?

Thank you guys for that input! I really do appreciate it! You should have recieved a 10frih$ donation!
tamilparks
hellow your homepage the pictures for the links are not viewing so please see that
coreymanshack
they show for me? try refreshing.... a new layout is coming soon though... if you want 10frih$ please give a little more information than that please tamilparks
{name here}
Have those buttons near your main menu. There's no reason you should have those buttons at the bottom left corner. It doesn't fit into the design well.
clownFart
Take off the scrolling text - its for noobs
Take off the wc3 buttons - no one care your site is codded right
get a designer to help you with your colors and shit - yours looks awful
get that designer to also make better looking and readable nav bar
whats the point of your site - i have no idea... show it on the site
coreymanshack
k thank you both for that input... and a different design is being worked on right now as we speak...

your $10 frih$ should have been donated.
{name here}
Your site looks much better now.
einstein
try a new theme............the text is almost illegible!!! too small.
also, try and make a new banner, i guess u need one!!! Wink

this is for your forum ONLY!!!
coreymanshack
hmm ok....i'll do a new forum theme.. and thanks name here
z_coil
Nice site. Just a couple tips, I would add a diffrent font on the nav bar, I know already said, maybe like a 90% gray would go well. Also, there should be a way to tell which page you are on. I would also like to see some indicator that you are hovering over a link, maybe a small square near the link or something. That can be easily done with a rollover. Hope this helps. Thanks!

-Kevin
coreymanshack
what font would you like to see? A square near the link sounds good!
z_coil
coreymanshack wrote:
what font would you like to see? A square near the link sounds good!

I would think you are going in the right direction with sans-serif. Maybe a Vernada. I personally like that font a lot because it is easy to read. Try 14 Vernanda with the color #333333. Hope that helps!
coreymanshack
how do you like this....

http://www.php-gamers.com/home2.gif
coreymanshack
how do you like this....

http://www.php-gamers.com/home2.gif
coreymanshack
crap my internet was messing up when that happened Sad
z_coil
much better, now add a square to the left, maybe a dark blue that matches your site and have that as a rollover. Good!
coreymanshack
I already tried to make an animated blinky square Sad It didn't turn out well....
z_coil
Don't make it animated. Just make two images, one that you already made, then make another image, exactly the same but add a small button. Then, just make it so one image shows up, then use a:hover in css to make a rollover image, the second image you made, show up. That's it!
coreymanshack
i know how to do that... i mean i tried to make a square and it didnt look good
lSaKenl
Pleas make the welcome text font a bit dark.... it hurts my eyes trying to read that! Confused

I dont think dark hurts eyes, pretty cool design
jayzee
yoyr site logo is great but the layout of the site is not good at all specially the menu it doesnt looks good at all. however i really really liked your forum theme it truelly shows tht your site is made for gamers.
Lonelyhut
In my poor opinion, I think it too monotonous to explore the web. You can add a little bit animation I think. And the forum's theme is really better than the website. You may also change your website into the forum theme. It may be more identical with each other.
coreymanshack
wut's wrong with the menu? AND the layout? would you guys suggest a layout or something? damn i've changed the layout 50 times already and you people can't seem to like any of them... and what do you mean, I think it is to monotonus to explore the web?
coreymanshack
This post is a lil old, but i've seen before that i need to not start a new topic but continue with my old one, my site php-gamers.com is currently undergoing another facelift, but our site is still there for the most part and I would like you guys to come by and give us a visit!!
benjad
looks pretty good right now (the orange/grey/black pages).

Make your site 100% in one style, with consistent navigation. (Remove the old style). Show if the content is off your site, or your content (security). But, don't re-write what is done well elsewhere

And how could you forget Legend of the Green Dragon. Great code to learn from! Also, include some very simple code for people to examine and learn from.

[BTW, along the lines of old BBS games... there was a truck driving game... you choose the speed for the next leg of the journey, and delivered cargo for payments. Text based game. Anyone know what the name of it was. I want to learn how to write PHP games using that game as the model (because it's simple).]
coreymanshack
benjad wrote:
looks pretty good right now (the orange/grey/black pages).

Make your site 100% in one style, with consistent navigation. (Remove the old style). Show if the content is off your site, or your content (security). But, don't re-write what is done well elsewhere

And how could you forget Legend of the Green Dragon. Great code to learn from! Also, include some very simple code for people to examine and learn from.

[BTW, along the lines of old BBS games... there was a truck driving game... you choose the speed for the next leg of the journey, and delivered cargo for payments. Text based game. Anyone know what the name of it was. I want to learn how to write PHP games using that game as the model (because it's simple).]

If you didn't read on the forums, the site is undergoing a style change, that's the only reason why it looks different in some places.