FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot access CPanel

m0u53m4t
Whenever I go to the link the page is just white. I want to install PhpBB, but cant. How do I access the Cpanel?
Hammy
If the pae is just white, you should check that all the file have been uploaded correctly. (index.php , /install) - it could be that one of these didnt upload correctly.

EDIT: Whoops, im stupid. I thought he meant that when he went to his URL for phpbb installation, it was white lol. pfft. Sad
mathiaus
You don't have CPanel, you have Direct Admin which can be accessed from http://frih.net:2222/ or are you talking about the ACP for the forum? Which directory did you upload the forum too? It needs to be in public_html or a directory originating in public_html. The link from DA to that file is a preview and does not parse the PHP. You have to visit the actual URL which will be you.frih.net/whatever with whatever being what is in public_html.
m0u53m4t
Ah. I can now access the panel. What username and password would I use? My hosting is phpman.frih.net, so is my username m0u53m4t or phpman?
Hammy
Hmm.. I think the FAQ your reading is referring to 'Frantisco' which is an option in 'CPanel' that installs web software for you at the click of a button.

Mathaius says that your on server 2, therefore you dont have 'CPanel'.. you are using 'Direct Admin'

Your installation of PHPBB will have to be manually installed.

Heres a tutorial from the tutorials forum on how to install phpBB2 done by mathaius himself Wink lol
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48865.html

Wink

EDIT: Hmm.. you edited your post while i was typing this, now mine doesnt make sence lol.
m0u53m4t
Hehe... dw. I can access CPanel, but my user doesn't work, so your probably right. Thanks for the tut. Can I put my own google ads in using phpbb?
Hammy
yeh, u can get to the login page, butu cant log into it because it's not your admin panel :p

yep, you can use google ad's with phpbb, as long as their not in the 'overallheader.tpl'

This forum is phpbb2, it had many ads Wink
m0u53m4t
Ok. I got to step 25 in that tut then I cant find the page where you configure it. Where is that page from the main menu?
Hammy
hey, am bak now. been out lol.

Step 25...
Thats simply just visit your forum. Instead of it viewing the front forum page, it will direct you to the installation page, and just fill in the detail and click install Smile