FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Your favorite platform?? XBOX? GC? OR PS2?

evilvic
Xbox, Playstation or Gamecube? Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo?

What do you prefer when playing games??
Which platform(s) do you have?
Why is the platform you have the best?
Was it worth the money?
Do you maybe prefer the Computer?

- I have an Xbox and I love it, I don't play alot and since GTA:SA I didnt buy any new games, but sometimes I pick PES 4 or KOTOR:II up and play for an hour or two. I dont need anything else (I have my computer, for other stuff). I thought about buying a 360 but I thought it's not worth it...because I dont play too much.

So what do you think??

peace
QrafTee
I'd have to say I like the Playstation 2 the most in terms of variety. I do like the Gamecube as well because they have the best games you can't get anywhere else. Xbox... well other than Halo 2, I can play everything on the PC (or elsewhere). Next-gen, Wii takes the cake definitely. BTW, I think there was a topic like this already so please do a SEARCH before posting new topics.
evilvic wrote:
Xbox, Playstation or Gamecube? Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo?

Was it worth the money?

- I have an Xbox and I love it, I don't play alot and since GTA:SA I didnt buy any new games, but sometimes I pick PES 4 or KOTOR:II up and play for an hour or two. I dont need anything else (I have my computer, for other stuff). I thought about buying a 360 but I thought it's not worth it...because I dont play too much.

So what do you think??

peace
evilvic
Quote:
BTW, I think there was a topic like this already so please do a SEARCH before posting new topics.

well i did search the forum for similar topics, and was wondering why i couldnt find anything so i started a new one...but if there is i am sorry

peace
Stickman
Well.. i'm a big fan of the xBox, and the xBox 360, although i have all 3 of the consoles... the xbox is my favourite console, as it is the only one that has halo Razz (i'm also a big fan of halo).
IMO the xbox and the xbox 360 were DEFINATLY worth my money...
But i still prefer my laptop ^^.
BrainCracked
I use the PS2 and now i'm waiting for the ps3. it will be the best...i hope Confused Very Happy
Insanity
I have a PS2 but I think I'm slowly getting bored of these systems. PC is teh best.
Tasa
PC I am not into console games much. I do have a GC and a Gameboy adapter connected to it, but I keep that only for a few games like Zelda and my son loves Super Mario Brothers Smash. But give me a nice PC game anyday
j0zman
Playstation 2 for now. Unfortunately, PC wasn't an option, 'cause that would be number one. I am eagerly waiting for Playstation 3 though.
Ghost900
I like my brothers xbox because I can get ok games for cheap because of the Xbox 360 so that is nice but PC will always win Very Happy
TeamPwn
I'd always go for the PC as first choice but other than that the xbox beats the rest hands down.
izimngcubes15
Although I think PC is great, I still like Gamecube, it is family fuin and very entertaining to me.
Kelcey
It'd be PS2 for me cause I love rpgs... It'd be XBox if I loved FPS and sports games though. Cube if Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker were at least as good as Mario 64/Ocarina of Time.
magneto_ms
Would sure love to play with a Playstation 3. But currently don't have one , so i am sticking to my good old PC.Very Happy
japasco
I only tried with PS2 and its good (but now is old one)

Regards,
Nameless
I prefer the GC over PS2 or X-box... It's the only one I own. Although the problem is that so many of the games for it are complete crap, for lack of better term. There are some really good games which I buy and enjoy over the other consoles, but there seems to be so many poor games too (this goes for ALL consoles, and even more so for PC).

Largely though, I play on the PC. There are just too many awesome freeware games, however hard they are to find.
mattchun
My favorite is PS2, because the best game ever "Winning 11" runs most smoothly in PS2 platform.
soulman
I love Xbox 360, the best performance platform, but PS2 have more interesting games..... and PS3 will be published...
marnin
my favorite is pc...
because its the most advance. (not for games)
and its genrely... but if we talk about games so its ps2
because the graphic do the job.. and for me graphic is very importent in a game.

although pc is best... its have an emulators and in few yeah i belive u could play xbox and ps 3 in the computer...

the only bad thing is that games are made so fast.. and all the time u need to upgrade your computer.. so its preety rough on the credit Smile

mm i use computer for my job, and many other ppl are doing very good money from the computer....

and last thing i want to say... if u got any platfourm... first have a pc and then other stuff.. but this is my opinion Smile
jkelly888
my favorite platform at the moment is the xbox 360 but my favorite company is nintendo. i'm into the xbox now simply because of its vast aray of shooters and RPGs. The controller on the xbox is also the best designed one IMO.
angel_of_death
its always gonna be ps or xbox, though i dont really have either.

i guess a pc will do for now. but ps and xbox games rock Razz
brycearonium
Ok so first, i have to say pc dominates. I mean you get the crazy fast first person action you can't get on a console. you may complain that sports games are too hard with a keyboard...get a controler...like say...the x-box 360 ones that go straight into the computer! yay! so pcs are really the best out there, hands down. there isn't anything you can do with a console that you can't do with a pc, althought the vise versa is not true, and that is very plain to see.
Hanpusu-kun
evilvic wrote:

Was it worth the money?

RPG's and platform games are most fun imo. I often play them, because theyre often challenging and are fun in many ways.
I have most of Nintendos portable systems but only a Sega Megadrive (that doesnt seem to work), a N64 and a GameCube as consoles. But I reaaly would like to have the X0 and the PS2 at my home. But wtf, Wii's coming \o/
Hummm... well, most of the consoles I have has always hade many great games. But the gamecube failed a little bit.
Yes, totally the money was worth all the fun I have had in many hours Smile
My computer acts like a workstation and I also emulate games, but nothing more. So, no, games should be played on console.
TarsajumaClan
I have a Xbox 360 and love it. The wii maybe the first system i dont get done by nintendo. Sony has never impressed me much.
generalgazz
I was just about to buy a 360 the other day then backed out of it.
I decided in the end it would just sit under the tv and never get played as I spend most of my time on the PC when it comes to gaming.

Sorry but a mouse and keyboard beats any fancy controller.
Zpanzer
i have had a ps1 and ps2 since they came out, but i have replaced them with the xbox 360, i really like it, and it have the interface i think playstation needed, but on the other hand since i havnt tried the normal and first xbox i cant really compare it, but i really like controller for the 360, really nice they are so big and wireless, thing i always hated with the ps2 and ps1 controllers where they were so small and the wire allways got filtered together.
The-Master
You have an xbox and no Halo 2. WHAT??
This is a major subliminal message. Please email me if you find it as I think it is really cool. My email address is the-master@supanet.com Anyway Congratulations if you found this as I really did think that no one would ever find it and it would be one of those things on the internet that no one will ever find like one of those free sites that no one ever visits. Not like ones made on this site they are cool!!!

Anyway I love my xbox but that is all I play games on.
Mitcal
Well, my opinion is that Nintendo is the best.

What do you guys think about the new Wii thats about to be releised?!
linkman2004
Dude, the GameCube is most definitely the best of the generation. Mainly because of all of the first-party Nintendo titles, but also because of, uh... Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader! w00000000t! Yes, Rogue Leader pwns. Alot. Razz

But even thought the GameCube is my favorite, the PS2 is pretty okay. Mainly because it has Guitar Hero, and Guitar Hero rocks. Razz
LostOverThere
GameCube Of Course!

I just like its great games!
Fire Boar
Gamecube and PS2 were the champions of this generation, PS2 won sales-wise but the GCN is my favourite. There are some games on PS2 that I enjoy quite a bit, so I would never say anything along the lines that it is complete and utter cr!p. The GCN, however, has a great variety of games of all genres and the likes of Mario, Zelda and Metroid are always worth watching out for (okay, perhaps not Super Mario Ball on the GBA).
Mitcal
haha! yes I have a gamecube too! They rock!

I can't wait though until the Wii comes out in December!

What do you think will be the best game on it? Methinks Zelda!
NeoValkyrion
My first and favorite console for this generation has to be the Xbox. Say what you will, it's the only console with a solid online gaming setup and a large number of great titles that use it to the fullest, such as Halo 2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

My second favorite console is the Gamecube, which just BARELY wins out over the PS2 because of the fact it has Super Smash Brothers: Melee. Being a Nintendo console there are a large number of innovative and fun games to play, and the control scheme is simple and easy to use.

The PS2 only comes in last place because of the fact that there's only two controller ports. In my opinion, gaming is far more fun when played with others, so how do you play with others when you've only got one other controller port? There are very FEW games that use a multitap, and most of them execute the concept poorly. However the PS2 has a plethora of awesome games, most notably the Kingdom Hearts series.

Next-Gen, I have to say I'm looking forward most to the Nintendo Wii, suprisingly. The Xbox 360 looks great, but I just don't see any reason to buy it until Halo 3 comes out (Except Dead Rising, heh). The PS3 has a ridiculous price at the moment, and I have yet to see a single title that really grabs my interest.

I still think PC gaming wins overall.
magneto_ms
I would love to take a dig at the Playstation 3. But PC is all I got now.Sad

And I guess I would be sticking with it for some time.