FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guild Wars question

Eyre
I'm about to go out and buy guild wars, and i have a question. If i buy only Factions, it's got everything the original guild wars had correct? For example, i don't need to buy both Guild Wars and Guild Wars:Factions?
TonkPilz
as far as i know you will need the original to play the expansion
linkman2004
Actually, I'm pretty sure the expansion can be played as a stand alone game. I'm not exactly sure about that, but I've heard at several places that it is stand alone.

UPDATE: I was right. Below is an exerpt from IGN's description of the game where it states that it is, in fact, stand alone.

"The stand-alone Guild Wars: Factions is the second campaign in ArenaNet's massively multiplayer online RPG"

Hope that helps. Wink
Tasa
If you go and get just factions you will be able to play the game and will not miss anything but the land mass and story from the first one. Factions is not an expanision but is rather a second chapter in the game. Chapter 3 comes out late Oct.
Stickman
Factions can be played, even if you don't have prophecies.
They both have totally different worlds, and some spells that you can buy in factions, can't be bought in factions, and vice versa.
And both games also have different kinds of armour.
BUT, all the spells and armours can be used in both games...
Ghost900
yes you can have them stand alone and just get Factions.

By Just getting factions you can play in Cantha and you can play as a Warrior,Ranger,Monk,Necromancer,Mesmer,Elementalist,Assasin, and Ritulist.

You will have all the skills that are Prophacies and Factions skills and Factions only skills but you will not be able to have Phophacies only skills.

You will only be able to have factions armor but you will have plenty of choices with just factions armor. (I like Factions Armor more than Prophacies armor anyway.

You will not be able to play the the map of Tyria though but if you deside to get Phrophacies later you can connect it to your account. Very Happy