FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The "Mean Team"

hack_man_
I noticed that some of the Mods have not got "Part of the Mean Team" in their sigs. Is there a regime here? I have noticed a few more bannings since those appeared.

Just curious.
Bockman
hack_man_ wrote:
I noticed that some of the Mods have not got "Part of the Mean Team" in their sigs.
Just curious.

As in political parties, you have severall oppinions. some use it, some don't. But you can't use it untill you get someone banned.

hack_man_ wrote:
Is there a regime here? I have noticed a few bannings since those appeared.

That's because you're distracted. there have always been banned people. they just weren't tagged before.

Be Well Cool

(btw.. the first part of this message was (obviously) a joke.)
James007
There aren't more people getting banned than usually.
hack_man_
I suppose the same number of bans is still the same, but it seems to look a lot more public now. Like actual posts at the end of the offending topic that everyone can see, as opposed to a more subtle approach. I prefer this new tactic, name and shame!
Bockman
It's not name and shame...

It's simply to allow other members to know that that user is no longer with us (avoids unnecessary pm's and waiting for answers that won't come).

The other "feature", very helpfull for us admins/mods and very important to all other members, to reflect uppon before crossing the line:

"You cross, the line, we cut the line. Easy, painless and clean."

Be Well Cool
tidruG
As long as it seems to get apparent that we don't mind banning people when they cross the line, I see that the mean team concept is having a good effect.
Reaper
This new style of showing who has been banned is quite nice, shows people that mods are not above banning people. Though what people seem to forget when they see mods banning people is that mods can be demoted/ banned just like everyone else here.
Assiez
I agree, the new public way of banning is much more effective and perhaps entertaining in some small way.
tidruG
Reaper wrote:
This new style of showing who has been banned is quite nice, shows people that mods are not above banning people. Though what people seem to forget when they see mods banning people is that mods can be demoted/ banned just like everyone else here.
Definitely, the mods can be demoted/banned if they do commit blunders. However, the mod-appointing process we have here generally takes care of those issues. We've rarely had an instance where we've had to ban/demote a mod before.

Anyway, yes, the Mods (and Admins) don't mind getting people banned or banning them. We like to have our forums nice and clean. Smile
Bondings
Unfortunately they don't allow me to be part of their "Mean Team". I'm apparantly way too soft. Imagine ...

sniff sniff
hack_man_
Awwwww... c'mon guys let Bondings be part of the "Mean team"! He Is your boss after all. Twisted Evil
Bondings
hack_man_ wrote:
Awwwww... c'mon guys let Bondings be part of the "Mean team"! He Is your boss after all. Twisted Evil

I think the main reason is actually that I don't want to be mean. Wink
Bockman
Bondings wrote:

We'll get you there.. we'll get you.. hihihihi

Be Well Cool
tidruG
Well, also, we're not mean to everyone... we're just "mean" to the rule-breakers and the spammers Wink

But our dear Boss is too soft... lets everyone off the hook, almost. If not for the mean team, no one would get banned.

PS : I may or may not be exagerrating slightly Wink
Vrythramax
Bondings wrote:

Sounds like "Good Cop, Bad Cop" to me Wink
frozenhead
Bondings wrote:

Wow! I think I have to quote that. I must say, I have to add that to my reasons why I like staying in FriHost. Wink

... and to the "Mean Team", I think they're just doin' their job.
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
Unfortunately they don't allow me to be part of their "Mean Team". I'm apparantly way too soft. Imagine ...

sniff sniff

Its ok bondings you can be on the Nice team with me Very Happy
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
Bondings wrote:

sniff sniff

*Cough*cough**sputter**choke*......****COUGHCOUGHCOUGH****

Er... yeah, B... the er... "nice" *Cough* team with er.... *cough*Bla*COUUUUGH*ster*cough*

Very Happy
Vrythramax
tidruG wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Bondings wrote:

sniff sniff

Er... yeah, B... the er... "nice" *Cough* team with er.... *cough*Bla*COUUUUGH*ster*cough*

Very Happy

If you need mouth-to-mouth you are going to die my friend....and I actually like you Laughing

(The Nice Team?....haven't heard about that one)
tidruG
Vrythramax wrote:
If you need mouth-to-mouth you are going to die my friend....and I actually like you Laughing

No one wants to kiss me? Sad
... er... I mean, no one wants to give me mouth-to-mouth? No one? Sad
James007
Blaster wrote:
Bondings wrote:

sniff sniff

CRE-A-TI-VE Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
@James007

More like grasping at straws. Laughing
Blaster
tidruG wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Bondings wrote:

sniff sniff

Very Happy

I found someone that will give you mouth to mouth She can't wait Very Happy

And yes the nice team. I'm the nice user.
-SonyGamer
Hmmm, that does seem a little interesting, IMO.
Vrythramax
Thanks for that Blaster.....where is that damned "Suspend Account" button?
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
Thanks for that Blaster.....where is that damned "Suspend Account" button?

Wow your funny max. Wheres the pm bondings button?
Vrythramax
Feel free to complain Blaster....it was all meant in fun.

btw...your other host is calling.
tidruG
I tried to see that picture of that girl/woman, Blaster, but it showed me this instead:

Now, I'm beginning to wonder... where do your loyalties lie, Blaster? With Frihost or with Tripod? Wink

But I'll take your word for it. If you say she's hot, she must be. Razz
Blaster
tripod ftw!!!!

Here you go tidrug here she is whith some of her friends. Take your pick
Sunny
Blaster, It seems you know a LOT about her, I wonder why....

Wink
tidruG
Sunny wrote:
Blaster, It seems you know a LOT about her, I wonder why....

Wink

That's because she's Blaster's close friend.
And well, talking of friends,

Blaster wrote:
Here you go tidrug here she is whith some of her friends. Take your pick

Now, it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together.
Blaster, we know who you are now.
Blaster
No the person giving me mouth to mouth is this hot person
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
No the person giving me mouth to mouth is this hot person

Hmm.. so you get girl-on-girl mouth-to-mouth... that can happen if girl A's life is in serious danger, and girl B is the only girl who knows mouth-to-mouth...

Now, in my previous post, we've already established you're a girl... er... woman to be exact. Now, we also know that Pamela Anderson knows m-t-m (judging by Baywatch Razz)... so I'm guessing it's not totally impossible that she'd have given you mouth-to-mouth at some point of time.
Blaster
No i'm 100 % a guy the last time i checked. But i believe your a shim Razz And i was on an episiod of baywatch and got mouth to mouth by pam anderson. So haha
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
No i'm 100 % a guy the last time i checked. But i believe your a shim Razz And i was on an episiod of baywatch and got mouth to mouth by pam anderson. So haha

I'd love to believe you, but now you're beginning to sound delusional too... kids these days have too much chocolate... it messes with their brains... then they go out and buy airsoft guns and pretend to be hotshots Razz
Blaster
Well at least we know someone is reading my blog. Razz You know i'm way cooler then you will ever be tidruG. Face it everyting from my blog to just me is cooler then you.
tidruG
*chokes and dies of laughter*

damnit, my ghost will haunt you.
Anyway, we've been off-topic long enough here, methinks.
Blaster
tidruG wrote:
*chokes and dies of laughter*

damnit, my ghost will haunt you.
Anyway, we've been off-topic long enough here, methinks.

meagree we can talk about this further on msn.

Anyhow to get back on topic. I'm the nice team Very Happy
izcool
I've decided that I'm now a part of the Extreme Team to compete with the Mean Team. Who's with me ? Wink

- Mike.
S3nd K3ys
izcool wrote:
I've decided that I'm now a part of the Extreme Team to compete with the Mean Team. Who's with me ? Wink

- Mike.

Extreme? I think I might fit into an 'extreme' category.... Shocked

How will your extreme team compete? Remember, you're competeing with mods banning people. I think a competition to see who could get the closest to getting banned without actually being banned would be a good start... Wink
izcool
I'm not exactly sure. Razz I just thought the name sounded cool enough to put in my signature. It sounds catchy though doesn't it ?

- Mike.
hlavco
I smell a forum fad...
Vrythramax
I think your all a bit off. The "mean team" is for staff members who have banned users, and since I am not a member I'll simply lock the topic.

-locked-
mathiaus
Vrythramax wrote:
... and since I am not a member I'll simply lock the topic.

Thats mean team material! Twisted Evil
Bockman
I thought We should give you guys a heads up on one simple matter.

First, Ban criteria is not that strict for you guys to be sure you can "walk the line" without crossing it. If Bondings (nice team looks at it he may not even consider a ban, while gurdiT may have some questions wether to ban or not. On the same issue, I may look at it and have no doubts whatsoever and just hit the ban button. You may not have crossed the line for some, but others may feel different.

Second, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! S3nd K3ys is a trained forum professional and has (to some extent) successfully used this technique in some cases. He is witty and mature enough to step on the line sometimes and get away with it. YOU may not be so lucky.
(btw, even professionals sometimes make mistakes. and we're watching...)

Be Well Cool