FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Airsoft ?!

falconxc4
Yes Airsoft, it's looklike Paintball, but without paint ^^
It is a wargame, with gun which shot little bb (often whites) and you have to shot friends, it is based on the fairplay! If you are not fairplay, you cannot play, because nothing proude that you are tooch or not...so you have to stop yourself! Say "OUT" and stop play this round Smile
It is a very fun game!
I have a team (http://perso.orange.fr/falconxc4/) and this is our first video (http://perso.orange.fr/fusionteammarseille/fusionteammarseille.mpg) But we create more videos, and need hosting space...
So! Yours forum is good ^^
cYa guys! (from france ^^)
schudder
You should probably mention that your site is in French.

Also, I never really understood the fun of shooting at someone with a bb gun. It can hurt like hell and cause the projectiles are so small and solid (compared to paintball), the risk of injury seems higher.
ChaosMike
Actually, paintballs have a higher risk of injury than airsoft, in my experience...I never bled from playing airsoft, whereas point blank from a paintball made me bleed down my leg pretty nicely Laughing

As for the fun of shooting someone with an airsoft gun, it's the same concept with paintball...except you get less dirty (most of the time) and spend less for the ammo, with the addition of realism in the weapons.

I enjoy the MilSims some of the people form in my area and we play together to have fun. It's a fun game to play with others, and you have to play with honor (no paint to get called out on Wink)
falconxc4
Yes Mike! It is exaclty what you said!
Airsoft is based on the fairplay, it is not a competitive game...
And airsoft is less dangerous than paintball, bb are shot with a 1 or 2 joules power, and paintbb are shot with 10, or more joules!
(Sorry for my bad english Razz ^^)

So...play airsoft Wink
cYa
Tatsumaru
I have friends who play this a lot, and make small personal movies and stuff. It looks pretty cool and fun, better than paintball.
ChaosMike
many of the guns shoot at 4 joules(including my own gun) but it's still not really too painful anyway.

Many military vets/enthusiasts play this sport and overall is a fun way to reenact military simulations without the bloodshed Laughing My friend and I formed an airsoft team few months ago, but it's moving slowly as our favorite field has been closed down and most fields are far away Sad

BTW, falcon, where do you live?
falconxc4
Razz I live in France (marseille) It is so far ^^
I create the site on frihost, you can see it at ==> http://www.ftm.frih.net/
On the Videos part, you can see ours vids Wink
cYa
Blaster
Yea i got my first airsoft gun friday its a CM .023 Fully auto machine gun. We hope to get a team going and all. Around us is an old gun club and they have towers and thats where we play. Its not like where you guys play though. Your pretty lucky to have that nice of a place.
Mr Smith
I have been thinking of making a pressurised bb gun, these are very simple to make, it would only a one shot thing, but the power would shoot it at least 250 feet (Bout 100 metres)...
R2.DETARD
i used to play with a friend of mine, but our version was a bit different.
we would just try and ambush each other whenever we could.
The one who got the best reaction wins (eg. dropping their groceries, walking into a pole etc.)

The only real danger with BBs is if one hits you in the eye.
ChaosMike
R2, that sounds like fun Laughing

As for eye danger, it is only dangerous if people are dumb enough to NOT wear eyegoggles or masks. You can also chip your teeth, but every sport has that chance Wink
DeviantDragon
well I do play airsoft and I will keep playing if it makes me feel good. Injuries are just part of the game. You don't want them? Don't play then!

As of now, most Airsoft websites as well as Sports Shooting websites refer to airsoft as being less harmful than Paintball, and I can tell from personal experience that it is true.

Airsoft also rules over paintball due to the weapons being replicas of real weapons. That is a very important fact in my opinion, as it contributes for realism.

I can wear my BDU Camo instead of one of those rubber suits to play airsoft, which you cant do on paintball unless you're masochist...
Satori
Sounds like a cool game. I've only ever played paintball before, but this airtsoft sounds like a neat alternative. Paintball was always fun, but it sure did hurt like a bitch to get hit with a paintball. I always had welts all over me after a couple rounds of paintball. It was all worth it of course, as it was a blast, but airsoft sounds like a pretty cool alternative. I'll have to look into it and see if there's anywhere around here that I can play. Thanks for the info!
screamingdecay
I enjoy playing this, we have a center that all you do is play missions such as blackhawk down and so on. Theres even some SWAT games were my team of 4 would plan to go in with smokes and everything and get the hostages out :] really run to play these things without real weapons or fake looking paint ball guns! Razz Just remeber to wear eye/face protection Razz
Blaster
Yea its also safer then paintball. We play behind a firehouse (two people we play with are firemen) so its fun. We have like different ways of saying where to go and our location and shit. But its really fun if you have the right gun. When versing a bunch of shot guns my machine gun sucks because it doesnt' go far. But I just got home from playing. And we had a kid that has never played before. Me i'm wearing safty glasses and sweat pants he goes and puts on a hoodie long pants and gets a paintball mask and he still runs away from me.... so naturally full auto i lit him up.

But its a fun sport and all.
the1991
I got shot in the face with an airsoft when I was living in the dorms at my school. I was just walking out of my room and BAAAM. It hit right below my eye. I was NOT happy. Down with airsoft.
bulek
I rather prefer Paintball, color bullets are better because noone can cheat then. If you shoot somebody at airsoft he can say that he wasn't shot.
Blaster
pait ball is much more expensive though and its kinda obviouse because you hear owww
aceflooder
Well,I think airsoft is a very dangerous game because the bullet you fire can make an eye-contact that makes you blind,it hurts a lot, like a match burned in your skin,paintball doesnt hurt like airsoft,in paintball you wear some vest and gloves ,i never got hurt in paintball(maybe i am lucky).
==Some bad memories==
We were playing airsoft when i was 6 or 7 with chinese-made airsoft guns so while we playing i feel so excited until an airsoft bullet hit my finger,i sat down for a while ,scared because they kept shooting at me,with feeling of to be blind.

I had one gun someday then my coisin was playing with his. he thought it was empty and shot at me, bullet come to my chest,near my heart it became a red dot!"Hurts"

Idea Idea

First i take a paper and draw circles and give points
Second i stamp it on to a curtain. Then shoot at it.

And an idea Idea

What about taking bullets and skinning them with phosphor,so when you shot at sky in night they will glow!
JoeFriday
airsoft is pretty cool.. I've never played it, but I bought a Western Arms replica of a Wilson Combat Professional Bobbed Tail to use as a practice weapon to match my Kimber CDP

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/english/custom/wa-wlby.html

unfortunately, I don't have the facilities even for that, so it has been used for exactly 3 magazines.. if someone is interested, make me an offer.. it's in nearly new condition and comes with 3 extra magazine seals, a propane converter that hasn't been installed yet, and a few other little accessories
ChaosMike
Some of you anti-airsoft people are so funny Laughing

1991, if a paintball hit you below the eye, you'd definitely have wished to have been shot with an airsoft gun instead. I'm sorry you got hit with an airsoft gun in your dorm though. There are stupid people out there. BTW, both airsoft and paintball can and will get you blind, especially without proper eye wear. People would be stupid not to wear protection.

Bulek, airsoft is an honor sport...We prefer that the cheaters stay with paintball. In my experience, paintball has more people wiping their shots than there are airsofters not calling their hits. Of course, there are cheaters in both sports, but airsoft tends to receive the more mature community, especially since the kids' parents freak out whenever they see the gun replicas we play with.

Ace, you can apply your argument to paintball. BTW, the reason you had bad memories was because you/your friend didn't take the proper safety precautions. And trust me, a paintball to the finger is worse than an airsoft pellet (my fingers were twitching when I got hit w/ P-ball)

In conclusion...Don't hate on airsoft. Cool
Blaster
mike your are totaly right. Like we play and if we get hit x amount of times then we call it and we say we are dead.

Airsoft is ten times safer then paitball. You just should wear a paintball mask or safty glasses when playing. Most that play know how to play. I got hit in the finger with an airsoft gun and you can feel it but it dont' hurt. I got hit in my nipple before and that hurt for like a minute. It goes away like that. Its a lot safer and there are more places to play. And we have had people loook at us weird because they think they are real guns. There not and thats what makes airsoft more fun. There is more you can do with them and better games you can play. Its more of a relistic game and you can hit a car by accident and not worry about it because it doesnt' leave a mark.

Airsoft is more accute then paintball too. Thats what they use in swat and army training. They have airsoft guns that act like real guns.

About the whole getting shot thing again most people can tell when they hit you too. A paintball can hit you and not break right.... well everynow and then it happens in airsoft where you don't feel it. But everyone is honest about it. All my friends are selling there paintball guns and getting an airsoft gun because they are cheaper and they are more relistic. Also you can use it more and in more places. You don't have to worry about anything hurting anything.

Airsoft is just a better sport then paintball. For more information on airsoft go here. If you are looking at buying an airsoft gun i suggest you use hobbytron.com they are very reliable and everything. Also add the free package if you order on a thursday night my friend got it and he didn't spend over 60 bucks.

but i hope you all turn away from paintball and go to airsoft as it is safer and you dont' need to spend as much money.
ermangursel
Hello

I's my first message and i think it's a good idea to present me here.
Billwaa
yeah, I like Airsoft too. Have a team of 15 members. In the process of trainning to play another team.

It cool how our team have a variety of guns. Sniper, pistol, rifle, machine gun, shot gun... I have a M4 spring rifle, AK 47 spring rifle, two i don't know what it is call electric pistol (which I mod it to full auto mode), Ak sniper, P37 (or whatever the weird one they use in StarGate Atlantis) machine gun.

We actually did attempt to make our own grenade and flash bang. The flash bang work like a real one, too powerful in my opinion. It actually blind my friend for 2 minutes and can't hear anything for like 3 minutes. My other friend who is about 8 feet away, didn't get blind that badly but can't hear stuffs for 1 minutes. It was totally an accedicent how the flash bang grenade was created. It wasn't even meant to be a flash bang at all in the beginning. Well, we learn our lession, my friend face got hurt pretty badly. here's my advise, never put those fire poper thing (the one you throw on the ground and make spark, beside this ones tha we got in boardwalk are lik 10 times more powerful) in a metal container and put them in the freezer so they don't get over heat. Here's what will happen, when you take it out, the temp. rise so quickly that the poper will all pop at once. The metal container explode, that stimuate how a real grenade blow. All the metal pieces will fly everywhere. And hit your face if you are in its way. The spark that it will be so great that it blind you for a while. The loud explodsion noise will damage your hearing ability. So, never never never do that......

Dose of you that like to play, watch out for poice. my friends got warned, I got stopped by a police car, which was stalking me. When they ask you what it is, don't make it sound like it is danger or paintball-ish. Just say it is a toy gun that shoot little plastic.
TheDoctor
hi all
nice to see fellow airsoft people on here i also have just got into the sport
after a weekend stag party doing airsoft five of us have just been out and brought our own kit but the only thing i find with airsoft is that it is a very expensive hobby what do you lot have to say about it?
TheDoc
Blaster
TheDoctor wrote:
hi all
nice to see fellow airsoft people on here i also have just got into the sport
after a weekend stag party doing airsoft five of us have just been out and brought our own kit but the only thing i find with airsoft is that it is a very expensive hobby what do you lot have to say about it?
TheDoc

Its not that expensive. Its more expensive to play paintball. I mean you can start playing airsoft with like 20 bucks. After a while you will get better things and all so its not like you lose. But with paintball its like 100 dollars just for the gun. Plus you have to get paintballs, a mask, co2 and all that ads up. So really its cheaper to play airsoft.
MetalFaith
I had very recently got into it, but it is so much fun. I went out and bought dual solid metal G19s. They use green gas and hurt *really* bad, which is okay becuase I'm not the one being shot with them.

Our course is relatively small, it's heavily wooded and we usually play 4 man skirmish matches, so dual sidearms just rips them apart when they are trying to manuever those big clunky guns around all the trees and bushes.
TheDoctor
hi blaster
you say mate that it's not that expensive but here in england it is.
my first gun i brought was a tokyo mauri mp5-j at £185 just for the gun then of course you need batterys 2x 8.4v 1100mah at £39.99 each then also mags
they cost here any where from £20-£40 thats with out any other kit like webbing jacket trousers etc then i brought a cheap aim top int m4a1 and it shows very plastic and only a few metal parts compared to my mp5 wich is full metal and that cost with battery+mag and charger £145 so all in all for my own kit ive spent around £600-£700 thats got to be looking around the $1000 dollor mark? so maybe where you come from it's cheap afair but sorry here in the uk we get ripped off i see on ebay.com you can pick some good item's up there but again ebay.co.uk there is hardly anything due to ebay's law about selling guns in the uk will post some pics of my guns when i can
TheDoc
MetalFaith
In the US you can buy a secent gun for under $100, WAY less than paintball. The UK is alot stricter on it than the US though.
Blaster
just buy from america then. Really you don't have to spend that much. You can spend say $100 and have a good gun, amo, a spear mag, a mask, really you don't even need to spend that much

Where we play is right behind the firehouse and we play with 2 firefighters so we park on the feild and play in the woods and all. Its really nice. Also there is an old abanded gun club that we are going to play in. Theres like a couple towers there and we play games like where you have to get up into the tower and all but one team defends the tower. All different types of games. I am hopefully getting a pistol from a friend soon. This is the kid that is usually on my team. He just got a green gas pistol and we arn't telling the other team Twisted Evil So we can't wait to see what they have to say when they get shot up with that thing. Whats great about this kid is that he is in my study hall and we plan in study hall. Hes a senior and i'm a freshman btw.
TheDoctor
yeah would be nice to buy from the usa but i can see getting a visit from our friendly armed police and custom's yeah i got a gas glock 18c very gun fun and full auto aswell
TheDoc
wiehls
About the expensive part:
Many of my friends bought hte AirSoft packages and they piad very little for many bbs and a gun. Very cheap hobby. though those guns sometimes dont last for too long due to heavy use.
Its a really fun sport. You can get a lot of excersise. And it doesnt hurt much i find. Its a good pain - not too much but enough that you want to avoid it.
ChaosMike
I'm heading out with my friends this sunday for a little practice on tactics as well as map the field.

Airsoft is a great hobby btw.
dz9c
Where do I go to buy airsoft equipment? And i dont know anything about the guns, are there gas powered ones? I assume those would be the most powerful. I want power and high FPS
Blaster
you can get green gas guns. If i where you I would order off www.hobbytron.com http://www.hobbytron.com/M700PSniperRifleCompetitionProRifleAirsoftGunAZCGR6700.html that one is a good one with high FPS. It is a very fun sport and i hope you enjoy it. But if your just starting out i would buy something cheap.
AsS_ClOwN
Is airsoft really worth it, I mean the pain and everything yet no marks with paint
odinstag
There are several Airsoft teams in my area.

Me and my group have been thinking of joining them.

I have one Airsoft that I use for weapons training. Since it doesn't matter what you shoot for practice. As long as you do your shooting properly when you practice. Much cheaper than paying for all that ammo.

It would cost me well over $300 a week to shoot as much out of a real weapon as I do with my Airsoft. Plus I can teach my kids to shoot with the airsoft easier than with a loud and arm wrenching real rifle.

I make them treat the Airsoft as if it was a real weapon either way.

I figure the kids will be better off learning how to respect the weapons rather than getting curious about them later and not knowing how to handle one.

I even make them treat the Nerf guns they have like they were real. They get locked away when not being used and everything. Just like the real thing. LOL!
fedex220
hello all.... I personnally love airsoft. But, funny story, One time i was playing airsoft with my friend in my front yard and, then this lady drove by and stared at us thinking we were shooting real guns so she drove by and then a police car pulls up to my driveway 10 minutes later. The guy got out of the car and said did you guys call the cops so we said no and, we went inside thinking he was leaving then he said "Getoutside NOW!" and, he thought we had real guns, So he said get against the fence and we did. He patted us down and then we showed him th guns. He said thsat we were fine because we were wearing paintball masks to protect my face and it had the orange tip. So he let us go and just talked to my mom.. It was pretty scary though... Anyone else have any similar experiences with Airsoft?
odinstag
fedex220 wrote:
hello all.... I personnally love airsoft. But, funny story, One time i was playing airsoft with my friend in my front yard and, then this lady drove by and stared at us thinking we were shooting real guns so she drove by and then a police car pulls up to my driveway 10 minutes later. The guy got out of the car and said did you guys call the cops so we said no and, we went inside thinking he was leaving then he said "Getoutside NOW!" and, he thought we had real guns, So he said get against the fence and we did. He patted us down and then we showed him th guns. He said thsat we were fine because we were wearing paintball masks to protect my face and it had the orange tip. So he let us go and just talked to my mom.. It was pretty scary though... Anyone else have any similar experiences with Airsoft?

It's a shame police treat people like that. Even more of a shame that some busy body has to call in the gestapo.

Never would have happened when I was young. The cops would have laughed. Or at least asked the lady enough questions to figure out it was just people playing a game. Guns make big noise duh!
arkebuzer
air soft guns can be really fun. In my last student corridor where I lived we used to have some really nice battles. It was great fun (except for all the "civilians" caught in the crossfire) x)
It would be really fun to try it out for "real", too bad the guns are so expensive :S
Blaster
yea two of the kids we play with know a lot of cops from my township so we know all the rules and all. We just have to have an orange tip and were fine. I guess it might be because i'm in somewhat of a small town biggest thing that happened was a standoff (two days ago) at a local bar.
odinstag
I son't even thing the orange tip is a law. They have to be made that way. But they do not have to stay that way.

Cops like to blow a lot of smoke up your butt about things. They make up laws to tell kids instead of tell the truth.

I know. I grew up in a police househild.
arkebuzer
just had to add this to the discussion, both in greece and Sweden there are no coloured tips on the guns bought in shop, so they look quite accuratly like real ones.
It sure makes the guns more realistic... wich is good for the people playing with them, but it also makes them usefull for burglary Confused
odinstag
arkebuzer wrote:
just had to add this to the discussion, both in greece and Sweden there are no coloured tips on the guns bought in shop, so they look quite accuratly like real ones.
It sure makes the guns more realistic... wich is good for the people playing with them, but it also makes them usefull for burglary Confused

Still kinda stupid to threaten with a fake gun. I think Knives are more popular in Europe anyways. They don't need reloaded or jam. And you can make a shank out of anything.

If someone wants to take that chance then the cops will quickly show them they don't bluff around here.

So the tips really don't matter as long as the cops don't over react to some fool that gets excited about kids playing soldier and terrorist in the back yard. Then calls the cops. If the cops don't see reor orange tips they may react badly.

It's up to you if you feel it's worth the risk. Mine is transparent and has a huge orange tip. But I only use it for target practice and trigger control.

I might get one without the orange if I start playing battles. Hard to blend in with a huge orange tip out in front of ya.
Blaster
odinstag wrote:
I son't even thing the orange tip is a law. They have to be made that way. But they do not have to stay that way.

Cops like to blow a lot of smoke up your butt about things. They make up laws to tell kids instead of tell the truth.

I know. I grew up in a police househild.

Its not a law here they just want it down so that they know it is fake. Its a lot better to have an orange tip then to have a real gun pulled at you isn't it?
justjess
A few of my friends airsoft, and i've seen their equipment. It does seem like expensive hobby though, but fun nonetheless.

I did get hit by a bb before [wasnt wearing long pants] but that wasnt from airsoft, was just from bb gun haha. And it hurt, and turned purple on the spot, so i walked around a few days with a purple dot on my leg T_T
arkebuzer
odinstag wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:

Still kinda stupid to threaten with a fake gun. I think Knives are more popular in Europe anyways. They don't need reloaded or jam. And you can make a shank out of anything.

If someone wants to take that chance then the cops will quickly show them they don't bluff around here.

So the tips really don't matter as long as the cops don't over react to some fool that gets excited about kids playing soldier and terrorist in the back yard. Then calls the cops. If the cops don't see reor orange tips they may react badly.

It's up to you if you feel it's worth the risk. Mine is transparent and has a huge orange tip. But I only use it for target practice and trigger control.

I might get one without the orange if I start playing battles. Hard to blend in with a huge orange tip out in front of ya.

I dont say they aren´t stupid or doing really wrong. But since the guns look so realistic, there´s no way for a normal person do tell the difference between a airsoft and a real one. They dont have to use it, unless the person beeing robbed wants to risk his life and try if it´s a fake Razz
odinstag
Some of us are willing to go against a gun. That's the price of freedom.

I for one am willing to attack even if I think it is real. If I think I can take it.
odinstag
Blaster wrote:

Its not a law here they just want it down so that they know it is fake. Its a lot better to have an orange tip then to have a real gun pulled at you isn't it?

Personally, I have had guns pulled on me many times. I know what to do if I wanna not get shot.

Police still act like that around here even with an orange tip. It still might be real. You could have painted it that way to fool people. Dumb cops. It's a disgrace.
thealpha
airsoft seems like beautiful and interesting.
Blaster
If i where to get a gun pulled on me i would be freaked out. Even if mine is real. Its not worth it. But hey do what you want to do. I'm not the one getting shot at. And yea i guess you could put a fake orange tip on there to make it look fake but it be real.
funnyerror
Airsoft is fun, but the BBs can sting if you use powerful guns. There's this airstoft shop in my town and it's a great place to buy airsoft guns. Me and my frineds sometimes buy some medium cheapy values and go out to an empty parking lot or a wooded area and battle until we all have welts. BTW, they make airsoft BBs that are filled with paint, kinda like paintballs, which sounds neat but I don't think they work all that well.

-JC
Blaster
who needs paint filled airsoft BBS? That wouldn't be anyfun really. Then you cant shot them at cars. Its fun to do drive buys on your friends. Very Happy
radel
i've seen those paint-filled bbs but they dont work well with high-powered airsoft rifles. they will just mess up the rifle.
thealpha
yes, i also have one
Blaster
I just got a new pistol. Its so nice. It shoots at 302 fps. We where up at 7:30 in the morning on thursday to get up and play. We had a bad winter and we finaly got in a couple of games... now spring break. Huge game going on.
BretzelthePretzel
I love airsoft. But I can never find people to play with me. Sad Dang.
Blaster
BretzelthePretzel wrote:
I love airsoft. But I can never find people to play with me. Sad Dang.

where do you live? maybe if you live close we'll play sometime.
m00tmuffin
My little brother has one and I've played around with it a little. It's pretty fun. Since we live near a lot of open space, he's hosted a few parties and him and all his friends have shot each other and whatnot, haha.
guugu
airsoft is fun if there is enough people and good place to play. I like play airsoft at forest :p lot of camping places
wolley74
I'm new to airsoft and i havn't gotten a gun yet but i have 2 questions about it

1. Whats it like to get hit with a arisoft pellet Embarassed ?

2. how old do you have to be to buy airsoft guns / pellets etc?