FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft 2

allanxiao
I read the news on some website saying that Starcraft 2's gonna come out, does anyone know whether it's true?
Saber
Blizzard has said that they are not currently working on starcraft two or have plans to. They do hope that sometime in the future that they will make something related to starcraft though.

I think the only starcraft related thing that they are/last(havent kept up) is/was starcraft gost.

I wish they would... but they said they arnt.

-saber
vaoger
just wondering...
how many starcraft do they??
what i know only...
Starcraft 2 bllod war!!
starcraft ghost

any thing else i missed??
Saber
they have:
start craft
starcraft brood war
and starcraft ghost.
Also they have some books about the story of starcraft, at somepoint I want to read those, but I just dont want to fork up money for it.

-saber
Teddy1
Saber, Search for some e-books i'm sure you'll find something. Add me to msn i can search my newsgroups for you. I'm sure to find something if not i'm sure there are other methods for getting e-books. Razz
TonkPilz
man i cant believe that the starcraft 2 roomer is still alive i 1st heard about it when brood wars was released like 100 years ago .

I'm still hoping for a SC2 and a world of starcraft Very Happy
Reaper
blizzard did officially state that they will eventually make a starcraft 2 but first they most likely want to finish up the warcraft series, though they better make a second starcraft soon because bnet is really starting to go downhill and thats all anyone really plays starcraft for anymore.
Also you can't count starcraft ghost as a game they have made because it was never released. so they have only made starcraft and its expansion starcraft brood war.
QrafTee
Actually they've only said they are interested in reentering the Starcraft world, but they said that about Diablo III so that really means nothing. They bought the StarcraftII name (or starcraft2) in a .com already, but that was years ago and they're not planning to do anything with it for awhile.
Reaper wrote:
blizzard did officially state that they will eventually make a starcraft 2 but first they most likely want to finish up the warcraft series, though they better make a second starcraft soon because bnet is really starting to go downhill and thats all anyone really plays starcraft for anymore.
Also you can't count starcraft ghost as a game they have made because it was never released. so they have only made starcraft and its expansion starcraft brood war.
Game Fortress
Brood War was just an expansion pack, not a sequel. I dunno what to make of Ghost, but its not an RTS so I dont think it will get the official "Starcraft II" title. Whatever they do, I will be interested to see. Starcraft has always been one of my favorite games.
PseudoKnight
All we know now is rumor. Blizzard tends to keep it quiet until the game is within around a year of release. So, I wouldn't expect anything until 2008 at the earliest, which means there's not much to discuss.

As for SC:Ghost, it's delayed indefinitely. They're evaluating the next gen consoles, if I'm not mistaken. It might be dropped forever. They probably could use some of the assets for a SC2, though.
Insanity
Starcraft really isn't going downhill, theres just less and less players on Battle.net nowadays, its still a great classic game, even better than some Warcraft ones IMO.
Ducksteina
I'm really looking forward to Starcraft 2. I loved Brood War. Smile
Scott
Oh man, I'll be so happy when SC2 comes out. Starcraft is such an amazing game, to see a sequel would be great. The whole Starcraft: Ghost situation doesn't look very promising, a lot of people seem to think it will never be released.

lococobra
Starcraft - Great
Starcraft : Brood War - Greater
Starcraft Ghost - Canceled

Starcraft 2? Havent heard of it.

Maybe you were thinking of Project Revolution?

Project Revolution is a WarCraft3 : Frozen Throne Mod, that will turn StarCraft : BroodWar into 3D. The Mod will stay true to the original StarCraft : Broodwar. No Races will be added, no heroes, no Units or skills. Just plain old SC. In 3D.
Ducksteina
Blizzard said they're working on a new game. Maybe it's Diablo 3, but I hope it's Starcraft 2. Smile
soulman
starcraft ghost canceled is really a bad news.... and I hope starcraft 2 would be better......
Ghost900
I would like to see another Starraft come out.

I saw a clip for Starcraft Ghost and it was not that good on graphics but it could have just been the movie. Very Happy
Revvion
Well acording to some rumors blizzard will anounce something in 2007 but wether this is a total new type of game or diablo 3/starcraft 2 is not known
Zpanzer
i really hope they soon makes a new version of Starcraft, which is imo the best strategy game ever made, Blizzard have always rocked at making thoose, i wish they where that good with WoW too Wink
nata_ratero
starcraft ghost was delayed a couple of years ago because THEY said that it was really boring (yeah, in an indirect way Wink)..

looks like a rip-off of metroid prime Rolling Eyes
ClanUA
i havent even played SC ghost but it looks stupid cause blizz hates hackers and cheats so im guessing there is no cheats or anything and i highly dought that blizz is making sc 2 there to much into WoW and that game looks babyish..
Kelcey
ClanUA wrote:
i havent even played SC ghost but it looks stupid cause blizz hates hackers and cheats so im guessing there is no cheats or anything and i highly dought that blizz is making sc 2 there to much into WoW and that game looks babyish..

Of course you haven't played SC ghost cause it's about as real as the new(or incredibly old vaporware) Duke Nukem Razz. I doubt this game will ever see light, haha.
allanxiao
Starcraft Goast cancelled is really bad news, can't believe they cancel it after putting so much effort into it. Starcraft is a great game, but as what I've seen in most cyber cafes, Warcraft3 is now the more dominant RTS game (maybe my opinion is biased, cause I like Warcraft 3 better). Smile Want to try SC2.
guhuai
the starcraft is great
though i can't play it well
darth_revan
Starcraft is the most balanced Real Time Strategy game ever. You can select all races. You win, or lose, it depends on your talent, not your race's. Thats why i like Starcraft, and that's why hundreds of people still play starcraft...
Reaper
yeah I agree with the above post, starcraft basicly defined what a real time stratagy game is. In addition to that when you take into account how long starcraft has been out and how many people still buy the game today its pretty amazing.
For those of you who read the Q & A on starcraft ghost before they closed that site down it did say that starcraft ghost is not starcraft 2 and they also said that they will make a starcraft 2 some time in the near future.
True they could release another warcraft game instead but if you milk the same cow too many times it will eventually run out of milk.
Diablo is an intresting game but its basicly just like world of warcraft so releasing another game that rivals one of your own games probably wouldn't be very smart. That would be like terrorists evacuating a building before they destroy it, sure it could happen but its not very likely to happen.
xkobram
I like STarcraft and i would like playing SC 2
achowles
Chances are that it's a long way off yet. They won't rush it and ruin it , that's not Blizzard's style. I'm sure that there will be many great RTS games until then. A number of total war style games including Warhammer Mark of Chaos all look very impressive. Not quite the same but good nonetheless.
eLto
if there ever was any doubt, StarCraft 2 will come out. All in time. although blizzard says they won't do it yet, that doesn't mean anything. They cancelled ghost for a reason. It was getting outdated, old, and really not that great anyways. I would enjoy playing ghost, and SC2 for that matter though.
chrismen
Reaper wrote:

SC Ghost was never released? What happened to it?
ForceRun
Well here is my bit. On the PCGamer Pod cast live from San Jose Showdown Lan, they let it drop that one of the Blizzard higher up guys said 'they would be stupid not to make a StarCraft 2, he loves StartCraft" but from whats coming out of Blizzard, World of WarCraft is the only game they are working on. Best guess for the guys is like a announcement in 2010 for StarCraft 2. So don't hold your breath. Blizzard takes forever to release their games so you will know way before hand what is going on. I'm talking about 5 Years At Least for them to release after an Anncounment for a game.

It sucks, but Blizzard does have great games.
aneotoena
Starcraft 2 WILL come out and Diablo III too. XD
xeekkcnook
Considering how much effort and stuff they put into starcraft 1 .. I really hope to see a Starcraft 2!

I myself am waiting for World of Warcraft: Buring Crusade
4ndY
if it does come out people wont stop playing the original starcraft
xkobram
I think that thay can only remake engine like in counter strike source because its so good!
dac_nip
starcraft 2, hmm. any scoop on this? what's it all about. anyone? if by chance this is going to be release, im pretty sure it will attract a lot of fans out there. Im expecting something different, cool and better than the previous starcraft. hope the blizzard team will give a lot of time in developing this.
amusic
I used to play Starcraft, really make me addicted to it. Would like to try on Starcraft 2 also........haha
osbits
It seems that Brizzard was still working on Starcraf things as the Patch 1.14 for Brood War was released.I really liked this game.It is classic and it will be the best memory of electronic Games forever .